Enterbay - Game Of Death - Bruce Lee (75th Anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you want/need a GOD then there's only really this figure in the sub $300 range.both the nokia and the BTS version are costing more.the dio on this complete with the nice base are a really nice addition with this,i suppose it's how much you like the figure overall.you may find it cheaper in the new year,in the end the decision is yours.

It does look like a nice figure, I think because it looks realistic.
It's a good sculpt, the expression and features are well done and realistic, even the hair looks half decent on this one.
Also, in this instance and at this scale, I think the moulded shoes are better than real materials. They look more form fitting and are helping the overall silhouette of the figure.
But for me, the core likeness just isn't there and that is always going to be the deal breaker.
The figure as a whole ticks a lot of boxes - articulation, naturalism, form, realism... but unfortunately the most important box remains unchecked.

:goodpost:

Great Synopsis as always Tyderium.

I wish EB would sell a basic figure without the backdrop....I have no use for it.

I am the opposite, I wish EB would sell their back drops without the figure. :lol

if you want/need a GOD then there's only really this figure in the sub $300 range.both the nokia and the BTS version are costing more.the dio on this complete with the nice base are a really nice addition with this,i suppose it's how much you like the figure overall.you may find it cheaper in the new year,in the end the decision is yours.

Agreed, overall this is the best value for money if u want a Bruce Lee GOD figure, when likeness is not the most important thing, then this is the figure to get. The Nokia GOD is way too expensive and the paint job on the sculpt sucks, at least the Version A ETD sculpt had a decent paint job with blush flesh tones, instead of the totally plane paint job the Nokia has.

Last edited:
I would say, don't rush getting this. Storm Collectibles have a 1/6 figure, & Arnie Kim, which, in some minds, automatically means a brilliant figure. I think Storm Collectibles + Arnie Kim could release a brilliant Bruce Lee figure, but Hot Toys also had Arnie Kim for their 3 Bruce Lee figures, & those aren't exactly mind blowing. I'm excited for their figure, but don't want to "count any chickens" if you know what I mean.

I kinda rushed getting the 75th anniversary sculpt, simply because I want something now. Cost me a bit of a premium price (I think) to get it, but I'm alright with my decision.
Arnie Kim did not work on the Hot Toys EtD, it was Yulli. Arnie only provided the Icon figure headsculpt from a previous sculpt he had shown a while back.

So you can expect a great sculpt from Arnie Kim. Just look at those 1/12 statues and decide whether this newest Enterbay figure looks more like Bruce than the ones from Storm at half the size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Arnie Kim did not work on the Hot Toys EtD, it was Yulli. Arnie only provided the Icon figure headsculpt from a previous sculpt he had shown a while back.

Yeah this 1/4 WOD one, which IMO is still Arnie's best head sculpt of Bruce to date.

Hot Toy's one looks like a deformed version this one, but still good nonetheless.

So you can expect a great sculpt from Arnie Kim. Just look at those 1/12 statues and decide whether this newest Enterbay figure looks more like Bruce than the ones from Storm at half the size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

:exactly:

I wonder if a different paint job could make the HT smiley look like that?
I don't know who in here was following the Hot Toys EtD thread at the time, but there was talk that Arnie worked on, reworked, or tweaked at least one of the sculpts on the EtD figure. I was trying to find the main discussion about it in the HT thread, but only managed finding a bit of flirting on the topic on page 197, which you were actually a part of :lol After clicking around in the thread for a bit, I couldn't be bothered :lol

But yeah, I think that's the reason I also credit Arnie Kim for the HT EtD release.

I don't know who in here was following the Hot Toys EtD thread at the time, but there was talk that Arnie worked on, reworked, or tweaked at least one of the sculpts on the EtD figure. I was trying to find the main discussion about it in the HT thread, but only managed finding a bit of flirting on the topic on page 197, which you were actually a part of [emoji38] After clicking around in the thread for a bit, I couldn't be bothered [emoji38]

But yeah, I think that's the reason I also credit Arnie Kim for the HT EtD release.
There were rumors and suggestions from people asking Hot Toys to allow Arnie to re-do the sculpt. Many suggested it been disrespectful for Yulli to have her worked trashed for Arnie's.

I suggested Arnie just give or Yulli ask for a few pointers to improve he sculpt, which it did improve in comparison to the first proto pics. But unfortunately it wasn't the big improvement we expected.

And Yulli is the one credited for headsculpt. So it was all her as far as we all know. If Arnie had anything to do, only they know.

And the Icon Bruce Lee was released shortly after the reveal and its so similar to the smiling WotD sculpt that I believe Arnie did not do that from scratch, but rather Hot Toys just modified it and "messed" up the hair.

So it was only a rumour? Okay. It's one of those things that stuck with me, & I went with.

So it was only a rumour? Okay. It's one of those things that stuck with me, & I went with.
Yeah, I think Arnie only did the Indiana Jones and Christopher Reeves Superman for Hot Toys. After that he went to make a Bruce Statue, I forget for whom, then I am just now hearing from him with Storm and his ability to sculpt Bruce Lee is as good as ever.

Yeah, I think Arnie only did the Indiana Jones and Christopher Reeves Superman for Hot Toys. After that he went to make a Bruce Statue, I forget for whom, then I am just now hearing from him with Storm and his ability to sculpt Bruce Lee is as good as ever.
How could you forget this?

$_1.JPG

It's one of the best Bruce Lee collectibles I've seen. Sadly, the actually product didn't quite look like that.

How could you forget this?

$_1.JPG

It's one of the best Bruce Lee collectibles I've seen. Sadly, the actually product didn't quite look like that.

Still the best Bruce Lee likeliness so far. If Storm can do a headsculpt good like this, I don't need another BL collectibles

The answer to that question is no. This is because the Hot Toy's smiley sculpt is like a warped version of his 1/4 WOD one. The face is too long and stretched and thus not in proportion like this one.

Hi mate, how's things.

Yeah, the EB diorama stuff would be cool on its own.
I'd love the wooden dummy that came with their Ip Man.

Hey man ok just have taken a break from posting on the forums because up until lately nothing has interested me.

$_1.JPG

Still the best Bruce Lee likeliness so far. If Storm can do a headsculpt good like this, I don't need another BL collectibles

Actually the sculpt on the final product has a better likeness, it's the paint job and sculpted cuts that ruined the statue.

The answer to that question is no. This is because the Hot Toy's smiley sculpt is like a warped version of his 1/4 WOD one. The face is too long and stretched and thus not in proportion like this one.

Hey man ok just have taken a break from posting on the forums because up until lately nothing has interested me.

Actually the sculpt on the final product has a better likeness, it's the paint job and sculpted cuts that ruined the statue.

I thought paintjob is nicely done eventhough not as prototype level. From I seen, it's poor sweat effect that ruined a statue and weird sticker on cut wounds

I strongly disagree. Even with a SilentSurfer paint job, I feel the proto is still superior in likeness. No pics of the actual product, modded or not, have surpassed it for me.

I thought paintjob is nicely done eventhough not as prototype level. From I seen, it's poor sweat effect that ruined a statue and weird sticker on cut wounds

I guess I should of clarified what I meant when I said the paint job, I meant the paint job of the sweat effect is what ruins the statue, not the sculpt. However, many people agree that the flesh tone color used is too pale for Bruce as Bruce had a dark tan in ETD but that really is just a minor nit pick.

I strongly disagree. Even with a SilentSurfer paint job, I feel the proto is still superior in likeness.

You seem to be in the minority there, most people actually seemed to be surprized that the likeness was better than the proto as the major compliant about the statue was the likeness of the sculpt on the proto. For me I personally think the likeness is better on the final product but the prototype is more accurate to how he looked in the ETD with the Afro hair and skinny face. Finally the proto looks more realistic than the final product as the features like the eyes, nose and mouth are too big for the face on the product sculpt, thus, giving the sculpt a cartoonish appearance. Nevertheless, most people agree the core likeness is better on the final product.

No pics of the actual product, modded or not, have surpassed it for me.

Well I don't think any paint job could improve the likeness of the sculpt, only make it look more realistic, unless the paint job on the product sculpt was painted bad (which it isn't) like the paint job on a lot Sideshow's PF human actor sculpts, where a repaint can make a night and day difference for likeness.

Last edited:
To me the actual likeness of the sculpt is better than the proto,but I think the proto has a more realistic look.whereas the GOD sculpt came out pretty near the proto. Still the ETD is the best likeness on a retail item to me anyway

Back