Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, the method below is what I use to protect the BL body. I know the topic is about GOD but I took the ETD suit as example.
Please, folks, forgive my bad english!

BruceLeeEBAluminum7.jpg

BruceLeeEBAluminum8.jpg

Well, that's all! At least, the covered parts are very well protected. Taking off the aluminum, I can see the body in its original color. The forearm (that's totally free) showed some staining but, I'm painting it with acrylic.
Hope my method can help the friends collectors around the world!!!:wave

Paulo, I don't want to be mean, and thank you for posting, but I couldn't help myself posting this...
:lol:1-1:
bubble-wrap-suit.jpg

saran wrap would be good...aluminium foil would trap heat on the figure...unless u made some holes on them XD....thanks giving Lee anyone?

I'm still not sure if I want to put the shoes on with the expo clothers. I was thinking maybe bare footed :D If only the feet were similar to the DX :D

Nice one with the bodies :hi5:

Their will be an exclusive GOD version for HK Anime Expo. I asked is it the same as the Beijing? She said not quite.

The twist is.... the BD head, will be the head without the moving eyes. Which i assume is the extra head the Beijing Expo Version is getting.
Wonder if there will be any other goodies other than the painted BD head. Thanks Stan :D

:yess: A BD HS with painted eyes might well be enough to get me off the fence I've been sitting on since this figure's announcement :)
Your fence sitting might have paid off :D

Seriously Ray, I sincerely do hope you get yours before you move. A flaw can bring allot of stress to a collector - I know that myself - so that is why I am sure you will feel better and more relaxed about this set and the return of the body/arm if you have not done it already (remember there is a time limit for a return). Maybe you can trace and follow it online the body sets if you have a tracking number for the package ?

Tin ! I am very happy to hear that your two sets has finally arrived and that the two heads on the one set you opened so far is in flawless condition ! It is a bit of a hassle about the broken arm, but this should be a easy fix for you by just returning the body (because of the stains also) to your USA seller and let him deal with it ASAP. I hope the 2nd. set is flawless !

Paulo, thank you very much for the pictures and instructions on how to pack the body in a foil - but will that not leave allot of scratches and create heat ?

Y4NK33, congratulations on being the first (that we know of that is) on this board to get the two separate body sets ! Btw, is that the official EB sets, or just separate bodies without the shoes, sock and bracelet ? The pictures of the Beijing black tee and jeans looks great - and yes... we cannot be a good photographer like Rorywan - but hey, lets make a group on FB: "We who cannot be as good photographer as Rorywan !" so that we can get together and talk about our sorrows.... Hehe... But seriously the photos (though not great... hehe..) looks pretty cool ! Thanx for going the extra mile and testing the jeans-tee outfit ! The bruised EVison photo head and suit photo came out pretty good though - love the look !

Stanlore, thanks for the heads up about the 3rd. version of this set: The Hong Kong Anime Expo Set ! I hope that we will find out more about this set in the coming days as I am sure allot - if not all -of us are eager to hear more about this head without the moving eyes. I too wonder like Larry if there will be any additional goodies other than the special head in this set.

Btw, I will be posting some cool shot by a HK collector whom done some repaint on his bruised head in a while. He also done some cool poses and "interesting situations" behind-the-scenes set ups.... Hehe...

Paulo, thank you very much for the pictures and instructions on how to pack the body in a foil - but will that not leave allot of scratches and create heat ?

Maybe I am going to discover it soon...rsrs

But, if you're affraid, you still can use only the colorless cloth beneath the suit, right?

Maybe I am going to discover it soon...rsrs

But, if you're affraid, you still can use only the colorless cloth beneath the suit, right?

Paulo, I hope you do not take this the wrong way as you seems to only want to help and give good advise. How ever - and even though I am no expert when it comes to figures - I would actually strongly advise NOT to use the (metallic /aluminium) foil. I cannot imagine it being any good for the new soft rubber body and arms. I would also go so far to say that even the hard plastic legs will be getting lines and scratches. The reason for my advise of not doing or even testing this is that there will be some friction and rub between the foil and figure body when you want to change the body possession of the arm, legs and torso - lines and scratches on the figures surface and body paint might also in my opinion appear even if there is no movement on the figure. Even when packing the figure in this metallic/aluminium foil there might be lines, rubs and scratches...

The colourless cloth might be a better solution - but I am having difficulties seeing how you can have the figure in other than a natural. There is also a question about the heat and how tight you pack the cloth around the arms and upper body....

If I am wrong for advising not to do this - especially with the foil - then I apologise....

Sometimes when I photograph my figure, the suit seems tight enough on the body, to the point where, I can see his abs through the suit. So if I put tin foil & cloth or anything else beneath the suit, I'm guessing it would look strange to me. I haven't tried it, but the logic in my brain tells me it would not be ideal for this figure (aesthetically speaking) :D But what do I know :lol

The tinfoil worked so well on my FoF Bruce Lee I thought I might give it a go protecting some of my other stuff - and it worked a treat!

725aluminum-foil-paintjob.jpg

dorm-room-sofa-prank-tin-foil-lol-photo.jpg

tin-foil-funny-office-prank-covered-wrapped-up-amusing1.jpg

Like I said, the method below is what I use to protect the BL body...Taking off the aluminum, I can see the body in its original color. The forearm (that's totally free) showed some staining but, I'm painting it with acrylic.

I would actually strongly advise NOT to use the (metallic /aluminium) foil. I cannot imagine it being any good for the new soft rubber body and arms.
The colourless cloth might be a better solution.

Thanks for your contribution, Paulo! But I am happier with my solution. I simply washed the suits in the wash machine. I just had to throw them in a small garment wash bag so they won't get caught in small corners and get ripped. I even threw them in the dryer, and it shrunk the suits just a tiny bit which actually made them even more form-fitting to the body. It did however clean most of the "battle damage" right off the suit, and I had to touch it up with some acrylic paint. But I haven't had any staining problem so far. And as Gung Fun mentioned, you don't know how the metal foil and rubber body are going to react to each other in the long run, and especially the plastic wrap. Rubber and plastics have a tendency to fuse together. And for the colorless cloth you used, I think that might leave marks on the rubber body under the pressure of the tight suit.

The twist is.... the BD head, will be the head without the moving eyes. Which i assume is the extra head the Beijing Expo Version is getting.

Thanks for the latest scoop Stanlore!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY THIRD HEAD!!!! :panic:

Oh and I received my replacement body and head sculpts from Enterbay today for my original HK set. They are all in perfect condition, and it was quicker than I expected. It took a little less than 2 weeks for me to receive the replacement. Good job Enterbay! :clap

And I did notice that the paint app on my HK BD head is a little "richer" than Beijing set. HK Eyes have natural redness also. I didn't see any difference in pupil size tho. For smiley heads, HK head had a little more detailed paint job on the pupil. Other than that both seem identical.

Here are some pics with both sets. Left is HK and right is Beijing. I call it "Double Dragon"
UL2.jpg

UL3.jpg

UL4.jpg

UL5.jpg

UL7.jpg

Oh and I received my replacement body and head sculpts from Enterbay today for my original HK set. They are all in perfect condition, and it was quicker than I expected. It took a little less than 2 weeks for me to receive the replacement. Good job Enterbay! :clap

Thanks very much for that note; it told me that it is indeed time to inquire about my exchange heads. They were delivered to Enterbay on 6/24, and I've heard nothing so far. It was supposed to take up to 3 weeks, and we're beyond that, so I just sent an email now.

Thanks very much for that note; it told me that it is indeed time to inquire about my exchange heads. They were delivered to Enterbay on 6/24, and I've heard nothing so far. It was supposed to take up to 3 weeks, and we're beyond that, so I just sent an email now.

I think it was a little faster since I live in Japan. It took 3 days for my return shipment to get to HK, and when EMS Japan notified me that the shippment has been accepted, I e-mailed Enterbay to inquire about the status. They told me they will look into it and keep me posted. That was about 5 days ago. I was going to re-inquire once it hit 1 week mark, but they arrived today without me having received any status update from Enterbay.

Hey everyone, reporting back.

Went to their store, to get he RM-X, and to double confirm what i heard over the phone regarding the HK Expo Edition.

Opps... my wrong, sorry guys, the BD sculpt is gonna be the same one everyone is getting. Sorry to get some of you hyped up. Maybe it was what i wanted to hear, so i got it wrong.

However, they said the eyes for smiling head will be painted slightly differently. I asked them how, but she dosen't have finalized pictures and she is not 100% sure. I am guessing they are probably looking upwards like the scene it was taken from.

Apart from that, no jeans, no t-shirt. She said the chair will have different words, um... and it will come with that camera stand.

I got the RM-X, and the leg broke within 2 min. :monkey2

Put one leg up in a sidekick pose, and *snap*.

I mean... for me, its just a 15 min. trip to the store for a replacement. I really really feel for my fellow freaks that have to send it half way around the world, and wait for it to go through customs and everything to get it back.

(aesthetically speaking)

...ass-a-what Larry ? (only kidding... Hehehehe...)

The tinfoil worked so well on my FoF Bruce Lee I thought I might give it a go protecting some of my other stuff - and it worked a treat!

How long would you usually leave those in the oven? :D

I can't open the oven 'cause it's wrapped in foil too :dunno

:slap At least you don't have to worry about staining :D

You crazy guys !!!! :lol:lol:lol

And I did notice that the paint app on my HK BD head is a little "richer" than Beijing set. HK Eyes have natural redness also. I didn't see any difference in pupil size tho. For smiley heads, HK head had a little more detailed paint job on the pupil. Other than that both seem identical.

Here are some pics with both sets. Left is HK and right is Beijing. I call it "Double Dragon"[/IMG]

Love the pictures Ahgnus ! Thanx also for your comparison between your HK and Beijing set !

Opps... my wrong, sorry guys, the BD sculpt is gonna be the same one everyone is getting. Sorry to get some of you hyped up. Maybe it was what i wanted to hear, so i got it wrong.
:slap Stan :gah: :lol Thanks for getting back to us :D

However, they said the eyes for smiling head will be painted slightly differently. I asked them how, but she dosen't have finalized pictures and she is not 100% sure. I am guessing they are probably looking upwards like the scene it was taken from.

Apart from that, no jeans, no t-shirt. She said the chair will have different words, um... and it will come with that camera stand.
The eyes looking like they did in the movie would be a nice change (want). Wonder what the new chair writing will be? Director?

I got the RM-X, and the leg broke within 2 min. :monkey2

Put one leg up in a sidekick pose, and *snap*.
You did a Larry booboo :lol

I'm guessing you tried something like this :D

70718494.jpg

Back