Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here goes the last nail in the coffin!

228538_10150182509602344_58690437343_7186146_8314451_n.jpg

I am canceling my pre-order after this!

It's a nice sculpting job, but doesn't look like Bruce Lee's physique imo. The shoulders are too straight and wide in proportion to the rest of the body. Chest is too wide, and and upper arms too bulky. That's a caucasian physique instead of an Asian one.

Bruce was ripped, but he was also considered skinny. I can't pinpoint exactly what makes Lee's physique so distinct, but I know this didn't bring Bruce to mind when I saw it.

It's a nice sculpting job, but doesn't look like Bruce Lee's physique imo. The shoulders are too straight and wide in proportion to the rest of the body. Chest is too wide, and and upper arms too bulky. That's a caucasian physique instead of an Asian one.

Bruce was ripped, but he was also considered skinny. I can't pinpoint exactly what makes Lee's physique so distinct, but I know this didn't bring Bruce to mind when I saw it.

Given Bruce was 1/4 German, his physique wasn't strictly Asian either. Gungfu posted a pic of Bruce. Don't really wanna scour through the EtD thread to find it but here's one that shows his physique:

Bruce5.jpg

When I pre-ordered the ET GOD about a month ago - I never owned an ET figure. Since then I have ET Kato and ET WOD and I am extremely happy with them - even though I paid a premium for them.

Concerning this new GOD; just the headsculpts alone make this worth it for me. $320 worth? - depends on your budget. $400 is my ceiling for figures.

When it comes to the GOD body; it looks to me like the actual sculpting detail is the same - or pretty close - to the prototype. Molded rubber just won't capture prestine details like a harder plactic would. The HT rubber suit pic above - I guarantee will not look anything like that unless they use a super rigid rubber; and that will present poseability issues. The shoulders for sure will be a problem for a figures that beg to be posed.

People have looked at the pics and videos of the figure with the prototype sculpt for so long now that the final figure can't help but be a let down in some way or another. I personally think the release pics look bad because of some simple things:

1) Lighting. In the pics of the prototype; the main display spotlight was dead center on Bruce - directly down ward on his head. This creates both more and darker shadows -highlighting all of the details in the body sculpt. In the pics of the release figure (taken in the very same display case) - the main spotlight has been shift off to the side of the display. So all the crisp dark shadows disappear - giving the body the appearance of being far less detailed.

2) Pose. The release pics I've seen has Bruce standing straight upright with his shoulders pulled back and his head turned straight up. That's not the iconic Bruce posture that is represented in the prototype sculpt. I think if they posed the release figure in the same posture as the prototype (and had the same lighting setup) - it would be a much closer match.

Bottom line for me: I'm keeping my pre-order. Even thinking about getting a second one for customizing.

Given Bruce was 1/4 German, his physique wasn't strictly Asian either. Gungfu posted a pic of Bruce. Don't really wanna scour through the EtD thread to find it but here's one that shows his physique:

Bruce5.jpg

Hey Nam. Even in this pic - see how his arms are skinny - and his trunk has an almost lanky quality? I'm not sure how to describe it - the trunk is flat looking rather than round.

His physique is wide when looking at it from the front - but unexpectedly flat when seen from the side. The HT sculpt looks bulky from the side.

I dunno. Both the Rambo and Dutch body still had a fairly decent amount of articulation and had some pretty impressive detail.

His physique is wide when looking at it from the front - but unexpectedly flat when seen from the side. The HT sculpt looks bulky from the side.

Might just be the angle. Would need to see more than just the computer generated shot anyway to really judge it.

I can see what tinster means. The area under the armpits to the mid back seems wider in actual photos of Bruce.

$400 ceiling Tinister? Guess you don't worry too much about 1/6 prices then :lol:peace

Ah. But I'm super picky about what I get for that ceiling price Y4NK33. With Kato and WOD - I simply had to eat it because I didn't get them when they were cheaper.

With GOD - I think all the extras that you get with him make it worth it imo.

I have yet to hit my ceiling price with any one figure purchase btw. And I hope not too lol.

Ah. But I'm super picky about what I get for that ceiling price Y4NK33. With Kato and WOD - I simply had to eat it because I didn't get them when they were cheaper.

With GOD - I think all the extras that you get with him make it worth it imo.

I have yet to hit my ceiling price with any one figure purchase btw. And I hope not too lol.

:lol Yeah I guess if I was collecting when EB was the hot commodity in 1/6, $400 might be my ceiling when considering their price point is higher than HT's current for figures.

As it stands, I tell myself $350 is my max & only hit it once with Blade :monkey1 :rock :D

:lol Yeah I guess if I was collecting when EB was the hot commodity in 1/6, $400 might be my ceiling when considering their price point is higher than HT's current for figures.

As it stands, I tell myself $350 is my max & only hit it once with Blade :monkey1 :rock :D

That's a good price for Blade these days, well done!

The HT Blade figure is awesome. I wish I'd gotten that one too. Even though I'm not a big Blade fan - it just looks phenomenal.

You're talking about Bruce's lats. And tinister's saying the opposite. :lol

I think Pixel is talking about the width of the armpit area on the HT. It definitely looks wide compared to the Bruce photo. When you see Bruce from the side - besides looking unexpectedly narrow - it also has a cool skewed look. The front of the body is pulled down while the back is pulled up. That's the iconic Bruce posture - like a predatory animal at rest.

I had for a short time - the HT ETD figure and that body did not capture this at all. From the front looks okay. From the side - nothing like Bruce.

Okay, bulk clean up done.

Please do not come in here just to say the figure is ____ over and over. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe for some it has already been put across there is no need to keep repeating it.

If you don't like the figure, fine say so with a little constructive criticism and move along. The continuous negative bashing, be it towards each other or this piece is becoming really tiresome.
Move on, seriously.
Thanks
x :peace

I'd say sad and pathetic rather than tiresome. Enterbay are the new Medicom for some nerds on here

Okay, bulk clean up done.

Please do not come in here just to say the figure is ____ over and over. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe for some it has already been put across there is no need to keep repeating it.

If you don't like the figure, fine say so with a little constructive criticism and move along. The continuous negative bashing, be it towards each other or this piece is becoming really tiresome.
Move on, seriously.
Thanks
x :peace

:exactly:...:goodpost:

so much negativity in this thread...

Back