Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that struck me about the first pics to come out, in hand, of HT's BL was how creepily alivethe eyes looked. The initial pics of the EB BL is equally creepy, but for the opposite reason. Not hating on the figure, but for $300 I would be expecting more.

EDIT: the picture SilverWolf posted is probably closer to what you will see in hand, but still the eyes look too... what is the word... matte?

If they're using the same eyes that are in the EB WoD and Kato figures - it will look fine in-hand. There's just enough gloss to not look flat, but not so glossy that it looks like Bruce is tearing up.

Two photos from some buyer.

17121238khcqc3hzoqqxxw.jpg

171214kfbbre7zcacb7b21.jpg

This two look much better than the ETD Hot toys version

Again. If that's how you truly feel - it is good that you aren't buying any of their figures.

But there are many others who don't think so and are happy with the figures that they have from EB.

So what's your point?

I have some 30 HT figures and some 125 Medicom figures. 3 EB figures including this one.

I'm a 1/6 collector. Not a 1/6 HT collector. Or a 1/6 Medicom collector. Or a 1/6 EB collector.

Seems to me - you are the one who sounds like you have the bias opinion my friend.

Nope, not bias at all. Had the EB Kato and FoF and sold them. Still have Jack Bauer. I go for quality not the company. You obviously haven't seen my collection to call me bias.

Nope, not bias at all. Had the EB Kato and FoF and sold them. Still have Jack Bauer. I go for quality not the company. You obviously haven't seen my collection to call me bias.

I call you biased because you assume I'm a "EB exec" just because I'm telling people to relax and wait til the GOD is either in-hand or better pics show up. The thing has only been released to HK shops. Give it some time.

I've said the same thing many times in the past about HT and Medi figures too. It's just common sense. In-hand is always more accurate than looking at pics online.

Honestly. I think a few of you are in for a shock. That comparision pic above to me looks pretty close to each other. It's just the lighting is harsh in one (the bottom). Lighting makes all the difference.

And the reason I think the eyes are all off in the pics is because they all likely shifted during shipment. Again - this new eye system is designed to be adjustable so they will shift if bang around a bit.

You guys are starting to sound like whiners.

Honestly, if you think the two look the same, you have some serious perception issues! Working for EB are you?

Regardless, you cannot tell people how to react to these pics, they will react to what they see, and what they see at the moment is a creepy rubber doll.

I kept my order, your getting my money (I think the accessories look cool), so I can unbiasedly say the difference between proto and these pics is quite shocking.:wave

Last edited:
This two look much better than the ETD Hot toys version

Agreed. Besides showing that the paint app is pretty good, these pics also so that the eyebrows are infact sloped and not straight as seen in some earlier pics that were taken at an angle.

EB HS details are pretty subtle and hard to capture in photos.

Agreed. Besides showing that the paint app is pretty good, these pics also so that the eyebrows are infact sloped and not straight as seen in some earlier pics that were taken at an angle.

EB HS details are pretty subtle and hard to capture in photos.

Like ghosts? You can never get a pic of a good one?
:cuckoo:

Honestly, if you think the two look the same, you have some serious perception issues! Working for EB are you?

I kept my order, your getting my money, so I can unbiasedly say the difference between proto and these pics is quite shocking.:wave

LOL. OF COURSE there's a difference between the proto and release! Duh! I never said they were identical. I don't have the figure in-hand so I'm simply saying that if you make your decision based on a comparison between expo pics and badly lighted and shot user pics - you may be making a mistake.

BTW: I wish I was an EB exec - I'd have alot to say about how they can improve :nana:

Those new in hand pics are more reassuring, looks a lot like the FoF neutral sculpt with a different hairpiece. I wish the painting could be a better though. I always planned to display this with the BD head as having two smiling Bruces (This and HT) didnt seem right... now the wait to get it in hand

and honestly guys... why fight or argue so much about this? There will always be some who like it, some who dont and some caught midway... this thread is for all of us and will fall silent by the next month... enjoy it while it lasts... and then head over to the Superman thread :lol

Like ghosts? You can never get a pic of a good one?
:cuckoo:

lol. Take EB WoD as an example. When I saw the in-hand pics of that figure way back; I thought "Man. Looks nothing like the proto. Doesn't even look like there's paint app on the face!".

So I skipped on it.

A few months later I'm in HK and see the same figure on display. It looked amazing and there it was - all the paint details.

Lesson learned (for me).

Those new in hand pics are more reassuring, looks a lot like the FoF neutral sculpt with a different hairpiece. I wish the painting could be a better though. I always planned to display this with the BD head as having two smiling Bruces (This and HT) didnt seem right... now the wait to get it in hand

and honestly guys... why fight or argue so much about this? There will always be some who like it, some who dont and some caught midway... this thread is for all of us and will fall silent by the next month... enjoy it while it lasts... and then head over to the Superman thread :lol

I don't think we're fighting. That would be silly over "toys". We're "debating" :1-1:

As I mentioned, I have bought this exclusive version and hope to get it soon. And I am looking forward to it, as Tinister says, debate is good. What else would we discuss?

(still think it looks ____ compared to the proto though, and i mean really ____!)

Since i allready own the Nokia Game of Death,this screw up is no biggie for me really...
HT have a new body under development and lets hope it's for a Game of Death.

Well I decided to buy a Kato at an obnoxious price, maybe that will somehow assuage my unease and uncertainty on how the GoD will turn out... all focus on Kato for me now. 'tinister' you have to show/tell me in detail how you modded the chauffeur suit once I get it in hand...

Congrats guys! :hi5:

Y4NK33 PL4N3T just bought a Kato too. No problem - I'll make time to provide you guys with the step-by-step.

You have two choices:
1) Get a spare uniform and I can show you how to make permanent mod on the spare, or

2) I can show you an alternate way in which you can use the original uniform - and all the changes are reversable.

Let me know. You guys will love that figure :yess:

My Kato shipped today and will be here on the 6th, got him cheap too! :rock

At any rate, regarding this figure the current pics look good. I agree that the 1 photo looking up the nostrils is quite a ridiculous angle to try and judge the sculpt on. The eyes are fine, and will look great when posed properly. As I said before, the HT DX Bruce looks like garbage when the eyes are positioned looking dead ahead.

I'm still looking forward to getting this :D

For those who continue to visit this thread just to bash the figure over the same point ad nauseum, go back to your whining on the DC Superman thread or DX Indy thread where you came from. Leave the rest of us who are excited to get this figure in peace and those who are on the fence about ordering it to discuss it like adults.

Back