Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly. I think a few of you are in for a shock. That comparision pic above to me looks pretty close to each other. It's just the lighting is harsh in one (the bottom). Lighting makes all the difference.

And the reason I think the eyes are all off in the pics is because they all likely shifted during shipment. Again - this new eye system is designed to be adjustable so they will shift if bang around a bit.

You guys are starting to sound like whiners.

Honestly. I think a few of you are in for a shock. That comparision pic above to me looks pretty close to each other. It's just the lighting is harsh in one (the bottom). Lighting makes all the difference.

And the reason I think the eyes are all off in the pics is because they all likely shifted during shipment. Again - this new eye system is designed to be adjustable so they will shift if bang around a bit.

You guys are starting to sound like whiners.

...and you're still sounding like an EB exec or salesman. The eye sockets also seem bigger in the comparison pics (post1399). It doesn't look good IMHO.

Whining?
The paint bro the paint! the eye sockets are so much larger... I would be REALLY HAPPY to be proven wrong when I get the figure. But this release just did one thing positive, it has made me determined to buy the last Enterbay Bruce Lee that was their BEST, Kato... and yes I WILL buy it

well, how about from
095709csccwtvwtz4awlwa.jpg

to
xdha6.jpg

1) The pic from the show has overhead lighting that is diffused - which is perfect to bring out subtle details of a HS. The lighting of the pic at bottom is harsh and looks like it's from a flash - which is far from the best to show a HS.

2) The camera angle of the above is from top angled down. More natural so we see smaller eyes, more dramatic facial features. The camera for the bottom pic is up the nostrils.

Comparing the two pics is like slapping Cindy Crawford out of bed and using a polaroid to snap a picture of her and then comparing that picture to how she looks on the cover of Vogue.

LOL. The eyes are bigger in the bottom pic because the camera is shooting up on the face. In the top the cameras ins shooting down on the face.

what do you think GungFu about this G.O.D..?

That is a though question for me to answer right now as I have not yet seen the final (sales) version of this figure release standing in front of me...
smiley.gif

I do believe that pictures can often or at least sometimes give the wrong impression - and even lie (both in a good and bad way) ! I know this from personal experience as I have tried to take a few photos of my own 1/6 figure collection, but had to give up as I am not a very good photographer and the camera I used was not suited for detailed figures. So most of the pictures I took did not came out so good and therefore I felt that they did not do any justice to what the figure was really like - which bothered me when I wanted to show others.... I also have a friend who is even a worse photographer than me who took a few photos of his Bruce Lee figure (Enterbay’s A version of “Enter the Dragon“) and they came out very bad - mostly because he did not know how to display his figure in a good way (figure stances)….

How ever I can tell you I was very impressed and had a very good impression of the two first versions of this figure release which I saw with my own eyes in the window display at the Enterbay Store when I was in Hong Kong - and I had nothing to complain about.

So I cannot really tell you my personal view until I have the figure in front of me - because I know a photography does not always tell the truth.

It's strange. I only have three EB figures and that's enough to tell me that if I can expect anything - it is that the HS(s) will be amazing. And they look amazing already in the pics - and especially in the video; as long as you know that the lighting is different in every single one of those representations. It's so basic.

It's a good thing you didn't buy one then?

Ya it is ! It's a mess of a figure and EB does the same thing as usual in showing one thing and giving another. They're a crap company in my eyes now, especially for a laughable price.

:lol keep telling yourself that...

This is the disaster of the year...

It will only be a disaster if I receive my figures and it fails to deliver on 50% of what I expected (was sold). I already know from the pics that that won't be the case. Plus - if it does end up beign complete failure - I'll modify what's wrong with it (that's why I got two).

Not a big deal to me.

Well its the paint that bothers me than the eyes... The eyes I can fix with whatever little customising/tweaking/fiddling skills I have. Maybe its my mistake, the paint the BD head had during the Beijing exhibition probably raised my expectations from EB a little too much. I thought with all the advancement in production techniques and the overall high standards of paint apps nowadays amongst other companies EB could give us something close atleast. Well Im getting it cause not only have I paid the amount to my friend and my item has been reserved but also because Id rather have a mediocre Bruce Lee than no Bruce Lee at all...

Ya it is ! It's a mess of a figure and EB does the same thing as usual in showing one thing and giving another. They're a crap company in my eyes now, especially for a laughable price.

Again. If that's how you truly feel - it is good that you aren't buying any of their figures.

But there are many others who don't think so and are happy with the figures that they have from EB.

So what's your point?

I have some 30 HT figures and some 125 Medicom figures. 3 EB figures including this one.

I'm a 1/6 collector. Not a 1/6 HT collector. Or a 1/6 Medicom collector. Or a 1/6 EB collector.

Seems to me - you are the one who sounds like you have the bias opinion my friend.

Two photos from some buyer.

17121238khcqc3hzoqqxxw.jpg

171214kfbbre7zcacb7b21.jpg

Maybe I'm not picky enough, but these look pretty good to me? Again - the eyes look slighly more closed in the top pic. Would look even more closed if the camera was higher like in the earlier pic from the expo.

The thing that struck me about the first pics to come out, in hand, of HT's BL was how creepily alivethe eyes looked. The initial pics of the EB BL is equally creepy, but for the opposite reason. Not hating on the figure, but for $300 I would be expecting more.

EDIT: the picture SilverWolf posted is probably closer to what you will see in hand, but still the eyes look too... what is the word... matte?

Well its the paint that bothers me than the eyes... The eyes I can fix with whatever little customising/tweaking/fiddling skills I have. Maybe its my mistake, the paint the BD head had during the Beijing exhibition probably raised my expectations from EB a little too much. I thought with all the advancement in production techniques and the overall high standards of paint apps nowadays amongst other companies EB could give us something close atleast. Well Im getting it cause not only have I paid the amount to my friend and my item has been reserved but also because Id rather have a mediocre Bruce Lee than no Bruce Lee at all...

I just think you won't be happy no matter what your friend brings back from HK. Why set yourself up for such a disappointment? Use that money for something else.

Back