Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah it was 8$ with free postage.
Smallest thing I have ever bought on eBay!
Got a set of the black nun chucks as well.
I have to stop!

I was bidding on a bracelet (max bid $2+ :D ), didn't win, was sold for $6.50. I'm happy I didn't win the bracelt or the shoes earlier on ebay. Since I think they are all included with the extra body from EB :D

aahh yes but this is no ordinary bracelet....!
It's the GOD first release version.

screen-capture-20.png

Thanks Gung Fu and Rory for the advice! I've decided you guys are right and I will be contacting Enterbay for the body issues later today. Even if I have to wait for a new body like you guys said short term pain long germ gain and I think it's an excellent idea to inquire about getting just an arm. In the mean time I will be getting a spare body too for the other outfit and head. I'm moving in all of the middle of this though so I might need to halt a bit on this though grr!

Aside from the defects this s a really really great set! It's funny because the thing about the head... Looks good right? I mean as stock because believe it or not Rory I didn't touch the nostrils upper eyelids or anything else on the head! Only tried to blend the tip of the nose, which I feel is pretty smooth except if you look really really hard. The rest is exactly as is and I think it's a great paint job by in larg. So much so that I'm actually afraid if I get a replacement it won't look as good. Its a trade off, this morning when i looked at the head i felt ok, the arm bugged me though. It could have something to do with this being the standard set and not the expo head??

Rory that's awesome! Did you repaint the footprint? It looks perfect

Yeah, I did the whole suit. I over did it a bit actually. But it looks nice. If anyone is tempted to do it, wet the entire suit first, when it is damp simply brush some black acrylic washes on, it works a treat as the damp fabric spreads out the black and it looks like proper airbrushing/staining.

I'm gonna try and make a perfect movie accurate one soon, with all the extra suits I have! (ordered 2 RM-X bodies)
:slap

I was bidding on a bracelet (max bid $2+ :D ), didn't win, was sold for $6.50. I'm happy I didn't win the bracelt or the shoes earlier on ebay. Since I think they are all included with the extra body from EB :D

I'm glad i did not win the bracelet and shoes either. The one i was bidding one went for $8.50 and the shoes for $42! I bought the body set from Enterbay for $77. A much better deal :D

:horror That is so shockingly good, Ray! :clap I have used the pastel/dry brush technique for very minor touch ups. Now I am trying to get into complete HS repaints. What type of airbrush/compressor are you using? My crappy Testor's is....exactly that, crappy.

Exactly. I think you should notify EB of your defects, and send the body back at least as Gung Fu suggested. Your HS touch-up job is superb! Better than any HS off EB production line. :clap But it IS about the principal of things. I wrote a long e-mail to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] detailing my issues. If people do not notify EB of these issues, they are less likely to take corrective measures.

Thanks bud ! At least on this I only used dry brush and stick/paper blenders you get at art store supplies! I also used those two things on bruces's nose last night sort of a flukey trial and error :D

I did try and hit different lights/exposures with the head and it picked up different subtleties on the enter bay paint job! I definitely got a good head.... And the tough up on the nose is hard to spot, I guess other parts of the head have just as much sportiness but you can tell I'm trying to sell myself on the idea that I should stick to the head I have.

:lol Reading this is funny considering how you were dumping on this release earlier, but I'm glad you're happy with it and finally seeing the light Ray :wink1: :D

It's true that at that time pictures did not do this justice ( but after my episode there were a lot more great pics posted before I got this) it's a solid solid effort. A few things that bug me overall still but seriously the best GOD set.

If you took the defects away the only thinly I'd want to be touching up would be the footprint on the bd suit.

The only things that I think are a step down for the Nokia for me is the shape of his pelvis area, nokia looks more natural and on the clean suit the thickness and slight shimmer I think is not as refined looking as the nokia suit and even the battle damaged suit with this set.

But the likenesses are great, paint jobs are even great... Body is cool and the accessories and base just amazing

It's true that at that time pictures did not do this justice ( but after my episode there were a lot more great pics posted before I got this) it's a solid solid effort. A few things that bug me overall still but seriously the best GOD set.

If you took the defects away the only thinly I'd want to be touching up would be the footprint on the bd suit.

The only things that I think are a step down for the Nokia for me is the shape of his pelvis area, nokia looks more natural and on the clean suit the thickness and slight shimmer I think is not as refined looking as the nokia suit and even the battle damaged suit with this set.

But the likenesses are great, paint jobs are even great... Body is cool and the accessories and base just amazing

Yeah I'm with you on the pelvis actually, something I noticed but haven't mentioned b/c overall I like this body the best. I don't really like the necks on the other BL bodies and that's something they all shared, this rubber body neck just seems perfect to me as does the entire upper torso :D

Yeah I'm with you on the pelvis actually, something I noticed but haven't mentioned b/c overall I like this body the best. I don't really like the necks on the other BL bodies and that's something they all shared, this rubber body neck just seems perfect to me as does the entire upper torso :D

I agree I really do like this rubber body and the realism is just great.

I think he could benifit from slightly wider hips but I've been thinking of nabbing a pair of those hot toys trunks that came with ETD, might thicken it overall and decrease the gaps around the crotch

well...I feel like we got cheated on the BD head specially on the Beijing version. If I knew that they changed the eyes, I would have picked up the Hong Kong set for more accuracy...now all of us that got the Beijing expo set will have to wait for the "replacement" head and not knowing what it will look like..

Rob

I agree I really do like this rubber body and the realism is just great. I think he could benifit from slightly wider hips but I've been thinking of nabbing a pair of those hot toys trunks that came with ETD, might thicken it overall and decrease the gaps around the crotch
It isn't the wideness of the hips that I noticed, it's the way the legs attach to the torso. When the suit is on and zipped up, I just can notice the small gap where it connects b/c of how fitted the suit is. This seems a little more prominent on the rubber body than the older BL bodies, it's not a big deal to me b/c I have the suit rolled down around his waist covering this up anyway. This is something that kinda stuck out to me though when I was doing some dynamic poses, but again considering how awesome the rest of the body is I'm willing to overlook it :)

well...I feel like we got cheated on the BD head specially on the Beijing version. If I knew that they changed the eyes, I would have picked up the Hong Kong set for more accuracy...now all of us that got the Beijing expo set will have to wait for the "replacement" head and not knowing what it will look like..
Rob

Sorry you feel that way Rob, but the Evision eyes, EB's recall, and the new head release was discussed ad nauseum in this thread. I'm surprised that you weren't aware of the change tbh. Those who ordered the BJ set through Bei had the option to get an original Evision sculpt, as well as get the new EB heads when they release soon.

The Bruce Lee body for $96 with 12 more hours to go :eek ...........Why?!
Check it here

Guess some people don't check their forums enough... The RM-X1 body on the Enterbay site is a steal :D

Well guys I wrote EB a short to the point email politely asking they replace my body. I also ordered the RM-X1 so i can have my spare all set up while I wait for the new body. Will let you know what they say.

I did mention GungFu's idea about just sending the arm too.

Did mention the nose issue but didn't ask for a replacement. the principal of the thing bothers me, it would be avoided if they wrapped the head in tissue like they did the smiling sculpt and though i can detect a slight yellowish area on the tip of my touch up the rest of the head looks so great i don't want to risk getting an overall worse looking one since I'm very happy..

Afterall this is the stock head with no adjustments! They really improved the paint on the non expo version I guess...

picture11dn.png

Sorry you feel that way Rob, but the Evision eyes, EB's recall, and the new head release was discussed ad nauseum in this thread. I'm surprised that you weren't aware of the change tbh. Those who ordered the BJ set through Bei had the option to get an original Evision sculpt, as well as get the new EB heads when they release soon.[/QUOTE]

yeah..I wasn't really aware of it till yesterday..I just thought that they were just popping out the Evision system and leaving the original eyeballs there and not replacing it with the smaller pupil more detailed set of eyeballs..i'll just wait for the other head and see how the painted eyes will look..if not too happy with it..i'll just get a newer released BD head..I really would prefer the posable eyes :wink1:

Rob

I think they WERE just popping out the eyeball system at first, I think the later ones were different eyeballs. I have seen a few "fixed" heads with the same old pupils. Again there could be a randomness to this that we can't account for. @Ray your head is almost identical to mine before I painted it, the eyes look good, so congrats on getting that! Don't worry about the body, easy fix!

Last edited:
Some more pics from other day, messing with lowlight and shadows..
It interesting the way flat shadowy light brings up all the paint detail (maybe even too much),
whilst brighter light makes the skin look shinier and flatter.. The other thing you tend to forget when looking at peoples
pics on here is how small these actually are, I'm gonna include my thumb in future pics for scale!
(Ray you will hate these, far too arty! An irishman never forgets... :))
BL3-3.jpg

BL2-4.jpg

BL1-3.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

Last edited:
Back