Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They want to buy my NECA figure for use as a prop at this late night TV show. How much should I charge them?

EB says March. Retailers are saying May:dunno

I am guessing..

EB retail shop - March 25~31
EB web store preorders - Early to middle of April
---Preorders ship late April/Early May
Rest of the world preorders - Between April and May.

This was on Enterbay Bill's facebook. Looks nice.

546822_412637235481837_1709897746_n_zps846436d1.jpg

Looks like Candie gets his cigarette, pipe, hammer and hands.
Django gets pistol, rifle, gloved and bare hands.

150602_413145262097701_1184940360_n_zpsdb354112.jpg

428324_412637185481842_1110395975_n_zpse84ebeb6.jpg

22012_412637155481845_1877256089_n_zpsc93bae69.jpg

Last edited:
They both look awesome but to me Django look the better of the two, may or may not pick one of these up depending on how I like the movie.

I agree that the tailoring looks weird on Candie but maybe it;s just bad posing/futzing. I think Jamie's jacket look too green too? They are lovely though. Very excited!

The clothing looks a bit cheap and the Jamie sculpt looks different, shame Candie doesn't come with the Coconut cup.

from that pic at least it also looks like django's hat is way too big.

Mayne the pics are just crap though. Remember the perception we had on the Scarface figures from the first crappy convention pictures that scattered the net? We had all concluded it was crap and then the figures came out and turned out to be incredible.

This is Enterbay's problem (one of many) Why the hell would Bill even post these pictures? I get that they were asked to show these items at some convention, or decided to in their own right and would probably want to scoop this info before other sources (that part I agree with), but this is the official brand facebook page and the first time they unveil the figures it is under the most crap circumstances? They have these things up for preorder now, don't they want to make sure people are MORE inclined to order by showing photos that make the product look attractive?

Clearly product photos have been taken we have seen the portrait shots, if the full reveal was not shown due to changed details or licensee approvals then instead of just posting these crap photos, get someone with a decent camera and a decent light source to take better images after or ideally BEFORE you post this.

I do this kind of marketing for a living, aligning messages, visuals, knowing how and when to speak to your audience, perception is key. Especially first impressions. They resonate the most. That's why we all just assumed the Scarface figures sucked until some of us actually bought them and showcased them properly.

This is sloppy by Enterbay, they are just shooting themselves in the foot by doing this kind of thing. The thing is I don't actually mind the raw teaser photos he posts, it gets people excited and gives us a sneak peak without revealing too much, but they absolutely suck on the product reveal thing.

Sorry for the rant, I'm extra triggered with this sort of thing as an art director.

Rant aside the silver lining is that I believe even if these are close to production they might not be full production pieces, that and the photos might just be a bad representation of the pieces. It's the worst possible conditions, nasty tungsten lights an inch away from the figure, reflective surfaces all over, bad cropping and low resolution photos.

As for the missing accessories, again with the crap crop of this photo we don't know what's sitting in front of Django etc.

wait what?

2450 HDK per set?! THAT'S OVER 300 DOLLARS?! WTF

OH! for BOTH...I see...

from that pic at least it also looks like django's hat is way too big.

Mayne the pics are just crap though. Remember the perception we had on the Scarface figures from the first crappy convention pictures that scattered the net? We had all concluded it was crap and then the figures came out and turned out to be incredible.

This is Enterbay's problem (one of many) Why the hell would Bill even post these pictures? I get that they were asked to show these items at some convention, or decided to in their own right and would probably want to scoop this info before other sources (that part I agree with), but this is the official brand facebook page and the first time they unveil the figures it is under the most crap circumstances? They have these things up for preorder now, don't they want to make sure people are MORE inclined to order by showing photos that make the product look attractive?

Clearly product photos have been taken we have seen the portrait shots, if the full reveal was not shown due to changed details or licensee approvals then instead of just posting these crap photos, get someone with a decent camera and a decent light source to take better images after or ideally BEFORE you post this.

I do this kind of marketing for a living, aligning messages, visuals, knowing how and when to speak to your audience, perception is key. Especially first impressions. They resonate the most. That's why we all just assumed the Scarface figures sucked until some of us actually bought them and showcased them properly.

This is sloppy by Enterbay, they are just shooting themselves in the foot by doing this kind of thing. The thing is I don't actually mind the raw teaser photos he posts, it gets people excited and gives us a sneak peak without revealing too much, but they absolutely suck on the product reveal thing.

Sorry for the rant, I'm extra triggered with this sort of thing as an art director.

Rant aside the silver lining is that I believe even if these are close to production they might not be full production pieces, that and the photos might just be a bad representation of the pieces. It's the worst possible conditions, nasty tungsten lights an inch away from the figure, reflective surfaces all over, bad cropping and low resolution photos.

As for the missing accessories, again with the crap crop of this photo we don't know what's sitting in front of Django etc.
Please note:
Bill DIDNT post these photos nor take them. These were taken by fans who attended the convention in Thailand....

Back