Enterbay - Dennis Rodman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lulz really? 'hook line and sinker' ? It was a sad attempt at a joke that looked silly.

My line you quoted was in response to people saying there were better players more worthy of having a figure made first by Enterbay.

My response was that which figures will sell is of more concern to Enterbay.

Coolest story I've heard all day. Tell it again SAB.

Most people are comfortable with referring to HoFers as legends. Apparently not you though.
After I made fun of your silly alternative definition your response was to pick a random word out of one of my sentences, make a joke that made no sense and then declare victory ? :D

Most people don't call Rodman legendary. But hey, I can't speak for most people and clearly you're the voice of the people :lol

Most people don't call Rodman legendary. But hey, I can't speak for most people and clearly you're the voice of the people :lol

Not the voice of the people, just said most people are comfortable referring to Hall of Famers as legends.

Most news sources introduce Dennis Rodman as 'NBA Legend Dennis Rodman' :dunno
Just google his name and look at the recent articles discussing his recent antics and see such glorious titles as 'NBA Legend Dennis Rodman returns to North Korea' or 'NBA Legend arrested for not paying child support' :slap (face smacking emoticon for Dennis ...not for you... :lol )

Not the voice of the people, just said most people are comfortable referring to Hall of Famers as legends.

Most news sources introduce Dennis Rodman as 'NBA Legend Dennis Rodman' :dunno
Just google his name and look at the recent articles discussing his recent antics and see such glorious titles as 'NBA Legend Dennis Rodman returns to North Korea' or 'NBA Legend arrested for not paying child support' :slap (face smacking emoticon for Dennis ...not for you... :lol )

Why should I go Google articles by god knows who when the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History" list selected by a blue-ribbon panel of media, former players and coaches, current and former general managers and team executives left Rodman off of it?

I think these sources are the most qualified to make the decision. :lol:exactly:

But, thanks for at least joining the discussion instead of trying to derail it.

I thought this thread was for discussing the figure... Anyways, I really don't care what jersey they pick, just hope they reveal some pics soon so I know which jordan to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I thought this thread was for discussing the figure... Anyways, I really don't care what jersey they pick, just hope they reveal some pics soon so I know which jordan to get.

What would you do if they release Dennis in a 1/6 wedding dress? :lol

Buy 2... Lol jk but I think there was actually a fig with that attire already. Some company that kinda reminded me of Barbie but it was rodman. Lol

Is it this one?

51WoErgMvvL.jpg

Edit: I found it :lol

2011-01-08135418.jpg

Why should I go Google articles by god knows who when the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History" list selected by a blue-ribbon panel of media, former players and coaches, current and former general managers and team executives left Rodman off of it?

I think these sources are the most qualified to make the decision. :lol:exactly:

But, thanks for at least joining the discussion instead of trying to derail it.

But that book wasn't 'The only 50 people who can be called legends'

And I bought that book the day it came out. There was much discussion around two people who were left off many felt should have been in there. They were Dominique Wilkins and Dennis Rodman.
Wilkins was actually the bigger mistake in omission I thought...

Rodman was an interesting discussion point with that book because though he is left off the top 50, he is featured prominently in multiple parts of the book, in at least one case in a very large double page spread.

Other books were released around the same time coming up with alternate lists and pointing out where they felt mistakes were made in the top 50. Rodman and Wilkins often featured prominently there.

But whether or not those two should have been in there, it goes back to the fact that the book never made any claim that the 50 mentioned were the only ones that could be considered legends.

If that were the case, does it mean at least two of those top 50 are now not NBA legends?

Because that book was printed before Bryant and James who would be obvious inclusions (amongst a few others such as Duncan), erasing at least two current place holders ....and yes, making it even harder for Rodman to get a spot.

So I don't see how that book is a better determinant than say, record number of rebounding titles, back to back defensive player of the year, and number of titles ?

And as I said, not the voice of the people but its very common to see Dennis Rodman referred to as 'NBA Legend...'

Well no point scoring 60 points if all you do is let the opponents score 60 points, while you can just shut down players and win the game with 10 points.

Again defense are usually under-appreciated in most games. He might not be an offensive player but he is pretty much an All-Around Defensive player, and one of the best. If you can't accept one of the best defensive player as legendary, then i guess only Michael Jordan can be considered legendary. Don't tell me you consider Larry Bird a legend?

really? shaq was obviously an offensive force, but he was no slouch on defense. he was no elite defensive player but he was no scrub on that end. when I say all around it doesn't mean you have to be elite both offensively or defensively. you just have to be pretty damn good. to say shaq wouldn't be considered top 50, is nonsense. again, with kidd, not sure he is a top 50, but to say he ain't well rounded is not true. he wasn't a force offensively or defensively but he could again do things pretty well overall. rodman for as great as he is, is mainly a defensive player who can rebound exceptionally well. rodman was only the third or fourth best player on the pistons or bulls clubs.

if you only plan to have 1 Jordon, it has to be 23 Away with XI concord.

Anyone know what jersey he's going to be wearing? I know the pic is the away but I just want to know for sure cuz I'm boutta pull the trigger on a jordan and I want them to have the same jerseys

So I don't see how that book is a better determinant than say, record number of rebounding titles, back to back defensive player of the year, and number of titles ?
My point was that the sources that complied the top 50 list (that's on the NBA's own website) are better qualified to make the decision better than you or I, or some random author of a Google article you'd have me waste time digging up.

I've conceded that I'd put Dennis in the 45-50 range, it's just my opinion that players outside of the top 10 I don't consider legendary - but they are great.

Probably, but he had a wedding dress. I feel like it might've been on some show like toy hunter where they went to rodman a storage locker.

2011-01-08135418.jpg

One simply doesn't limit legends by the numbers.

Muggsy Bogues & Spud Webb themselves are considered legends, even though they probably not even in the top 200.

But Rodman's contribution towards the Championships makes him one.

He's not in the top 50 mainly because of his attitudes, most people can't stand him, only MJ, Pippen & a few knew him & accepted him as he is.

Other books were released around the same time coming up with alternate lists and pointing out where they felt mistakes were made in the top 50. Rodman and Wilkins often featured prominently there.
.'

and to discuss why Pippen is not released before Rodman, well, they need to play yoyo in order to sell more. Pippen is definately in the oven.

Well, it'd make your MJ & Pippen figure look even better than they already are, so it's worth getting him i guess.

chi_g_pippen_jordan_rodman_b1_600.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

just sayin'. he's absolutely gross to look at. i know it's to each his own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder but....

75679.gif

I imagine they are going to try and release several versions of Rodman each with different colored hair.

Back