Enterbay - Dennis Rodman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, but he'd squeeze in somewhere late like 45-50.
When I think of legendary players in any sport it's typically top 5 or 10.

He didn't make the '50 Greatest Players in NBA history" list celebrated in '96 selected by a blue-ribbon panel of media, former players and coaches, current and former general managers and team executives.

https://www.nba.com/history/players/50greatest.html

Regardless, Worm does make a pretty cool 1/6 figure for Enterbay to take on.
His look is very unique and he'd display well :D

You're in a good mood this Friday morning :lol

you're right, he would squeeze in anywhere in the 45-50's Top 50 wise. He didn't make it to that 1996 list but he did make it here

https://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/features/2009/06/the-new-top-50/

if you give me an opportunity to draft players from any era, he'd definitely be in my top 10 rotation. as far as defense goes, he's definitely top 5 of all time. action figure wise, i feel he's more marketable right now than pippen? (i may be wrong), but dude travels to asia all the time and somehow is still on the news. lol :dunno

People are questioning Rodman being made ?

Not only is he in the top 2 or 3 rebounders of all time but he's way higher than 'top 10 defenders'.

There is an argument that he is the single best defender of all time.
No other player in history has successfully been used to guard every position from point guard to center and done so repeatedly. You're either too slow to guard the faster positions or too small to guard the bigger positions - except Rodman who quite literally moved between defending all 5 depending on what was asked of him.
That is bonkers and has never been done before or since.

He was also quite an odd size and shape to do so well at rebounding and didn't use the traditional method of planting the feet, nudging others and jumping vertically to take the ball. Instead he'd lock up bigger players in a greco roman clinch, move them away from where he'd predict the ball would go, and release them at the last second to move back to where the ball would end up ....and hey if the other player got so angry they'd start a fight and get kicked out, well that worked too :D

But regardless of his achievements on court, he is a cult figure no different to other fictional or real life cult figures that have a market for collectibles ..... see people go nuts for Snake Plissken right now!

His popularity went far beyond his defensive ability. At one point he was starring in Hollywood movies, dating Madonna and Carmen Elektra, touring with Pearl Jam and being interview by Oprah.
His cover of sports illustrated was the biggest selling of all time.

The tattoos, the hair ...the wedding dress lulz .... he is easily one of the most memorable NBA stars of all time.

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2011

5-time NBA Champion: 1989, 1990, 1996, 1997, 1998

2-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year: 1990, 1991

IBM Award: 1992

8-time NBA All-Defensive Selection

First Team: 1989-93, 1995, 1996
Second Team: 1994
2-time All-NBA Third Team: 1992, 1995

2-time NBA All-Star: 1990, 1992

Ranked #48 on the 2009 revision of SLAM Magazine's Top 50 Players of All-time

not legendary enough for you??

to answer your question..no he is not legendary enough for me. I don't need you to list al those stats which I was already aware of, doesn't change the fact that there are tons of other players they could have done way before him that are more of a legend then rodman. I don't need to list them here cause we can all name 20 players straight off the top of our heads that were more of a legend then rodman. sure he's a great player, obviously since he made the hall. but this guy wouldn't make most peoples top 50. my definition of legendary does not include rodman. legendary is reserved or should be reserved for more well rounded players. defensively, sure he's a beast. legendary, no.

Maybe enterbay just knows that his fig will be one hell of a figure. I can't wait for them to reveal some pics, gnna stand out amongst any other nba fig they release. Y'all should stop arguing cuz it ain't gon change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

to answer your question..no he is not legendary enough for me. I don't need you to list al those stats which I was already aware of, doesn't change the fact that there are tons of other players they could have done way before him that are more of a legend then rodman. I don't need to list them here cause we can all name 20 players straight off the top of our heads that were more of a legend then rodman. sure he's a great player, obviously since he made the hall. but this guy wouldn't make most peoples top 50. my definition of legendary does not include rodman. legendary is reserved or should be reserved for more well rounded players. defensively, sure he's a beast. legendary, no.

it wasn't a knock on you whatsoever, i agree there's definitely way more players deserving of a figure, hence mcfarlane's line. i'm not sure either what route enterbay is going, but they must've felt like with the uniqueness of rodman, he may be more marketable than the other "unnamed" 20 players that you're referring to. just my opinion i guess

Easily top 50, his defense is that great.

If you only judge a player based on his all aroundness, then i doubt Shaq can make it to top 50.

I also doubt Jason Kidd is good since he's only good at moving the ball & assist, and now coaching.

BTW if they made a Karl Malone figure, we can pit them inside a WWE ring. They might even do WWE figs.

If you were to compile a list of the best NBA players of All Time would Worm be in your top 10? 25? 50? 100?

Not relevant to Enterbay whether or not there are 47 better players in history. What's relevant is if anyone wants to buy figures of them.

I was a Jazz fan and Karl Malone my idol, but I don't think there is a market for a mass produced Malone figure.
We have to remember that these figures basically all need unique bodies as well. Jordan, Rodman and Malone (for my example) are all too different to pass off the same body. Multiple releases are necessary to make it worthwhile.

1 Malone figure? A big maybe.... because we're always on this site, sometimes we forget how small this market actually is. There are still 3000 Malone fans out there, but are there 3000 that think $250 + shipping for a toy is a great way to spend money ?
And multiple figures to make it worthwhile? Forget about it :D

If you only judge a player based on his all aroundness, then i doubt Shaq can make it to top 50.

I also doubt Jason Kidd is good since he's only good at moving the ball & assist, and now coaching.

BTW if they made a Karl Malone figure, we can pit them inside a WWE ring. They might even do WWE figs.

really? shaq was obviously an offensive force, but he was no slouch on defense. he was no elite defensive player but he was no scrub on that end. when I say all around it doesn't mean you have to be elite both offensively or defensively. you just have to be pretty damn good. to say shaq wouldn't be considered top 50, is nonsense. again, with kidd, not sure he is a top 50, but to say he ain't well rounded is not true. he wasn't a force offensively or defensively but he could again do things pretty well overall. rodman for as great as he is, is mainly a defensive player who can rebound exceptionally well. rodman was only the third or fourth best player on the pistons or bulls clubs.

Nobody said Worm wasn't good, the discussion was whether he is "legendary".

The NBA media, players, coaches who voted on the 50 Greatest NBA players of All Time list in '96 didn't think he was.

If a player is legendary he is hands down, unarguably a top 5 maybe top 10 player in his sport ie Michael Jordan. There's absolutely no discussion whether or not MJ is legendary.

Worm was a beast of a defender hands down and deserved his HOF spot, but when you're top 51-60 or further down the line that isn't legendary - that's great imo.

Nobody said Worm wasn't good, the discussion was whether he is "legendary".

The NBA media, players, coaches who voted on the 50 Greatest NBA players of All Time list in '96 didn't think he was.

If a player is legendary he is hands down, unarguably a top 5 maybe top 10 player in his sport ie Michael Jordan. There's absolutely no discussion whether or not MJ is legendary.

Worm was a beast of a defender hands down and deserved his HOF spot, but when you're top 51-60 or further down the line that isn't legendary - that's great imo.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Not relevant to Enterbay whether or not there are 47 better players in history.

"No only my definition of legend is correct. It doesn't matter what is generally accepted or what you believe!"

"No only my definition of relevant is correct and worthy of discussion on a message board. It doesn't matter what is generally accepted or what you believe!" :rotfl

Clever attempt but it doesn't really work.
The way I have stated what you're quoting doesn't contradict what anyone else is saying. And you've had to cut off the second sentence to try to make it fit the joke.

Or do you feel it really is relevant to Enterbay's decision making whether or not there are 47 better players ?

It worked hook, line & sinker. :exactly:

The discussion that was on going wasn't regarding Enterbay's decision making. If you're upset about the discussion skip it instead of attempting to troll and failing :lol

It worked hook, line & sinker. :exactly:

The discussion that was on going wasn't regarding Enterbay's decision making. If you're upset about the discussion skip it instead of attempting to troll and failing :lol

lulz really? 'hook line and sinker' ? It was a sad attempt at a joke that looked silly.

My line you quoted was in response to people saying there were better players more worthy of having a figure made first by Enterbay.

My response was that which figures will sell is of more concern to Enterbay.

Most people are comfortable with referring to HoFers as legends. Apparently not you though.
After I made fun of your silly alternative definition your response was to pick a random word out of one of my sentences, make a joke that made no sense and then declare victory ? :D

Anyone know what jersey he's going to be wearing? I know the pic is the away but I just want to know for sure cuz I'm boutta pull the trigger on a jordan and I want them to have the same jerseys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back