ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i manged to fix the arms and i used a better way than using screws directly into the shoulders ^^

So here are my broken arms
picture.php

A closer look yoy can see where the little plastic parts broke
picture.php

I took 2 of these ikea screws, and cut the base in half.
They already exist in smaller sizes, called spacers or stand off i think.
i didnt have the patience to wait so i cut those ikea screws
vis-reliure-laiton-232715-A1.jpg

I dremelled the soulders so the custom spacers i cut would fit
picture.php

picture.php

I tested, and reworked the holes in the shoulders, sanded the custom spacers so i could get a perfect fit
picture.php

Once i was happy, i glued the custom spacers in the shoulders holes with Loctite Super Glue, screwed the arms to the body and... VOILA!
picture.php

It's way much better than that flimsy plastic and now when i tighten the screw its really helps the arms stay up if i want, without damaging the shoulders.

I will probably use another type of screw to attach the arms to the body, those i have are a little bit thinner that those who came originally with the ikea screw and add a rubber seal in side the chest shoulder joint to avoid any damages when i tight the screws.

:)

Amazing work. :goodpost:

One advice if your arms are not damaged, DO NOT tighten the screws.
The original screws will damage the tiny plastic parts.

And yeah, that´s a truth

One advice if your arms are not damaged, DO NOT tighten the screws.
The original screws will damage the tiny plastic parts.

And I just tightened the right shoulder a bit when I got him a few days ago. :slap I wonder if those plastic sleeves for screws that you use for stone and brick will also work? In any case, great fix and consider your post bookmarked! :clap

Thanks guys :)

Bicoid18
Well i think you better use nylon standoff/spacer rather than plastic ones. But the cool thing with those metalic ones is that they are ready for the screws, i can untight and retight without damaging them.

Im really happy to have found a reliable solution fast.
I Will still how ever try to hunt down a bd body just in case ^^
I contacted enterbay who proposed me to replace the body, but i had to pay for it and return my body. And the worst part is that i would probably get the same body wich has the same ****ty thin plastic thingie on the shoulders.
So no way Jose :)

On a funny note while searching a body i stumbled on 1/4 HS recasts and the HG 1/4 M79

Last edited:

Well i think you better use nylon standoff/spacer rather than plastic ones. But the cool thing with those metalic ones is that they are ready for the screws, i can untight and retight without damaging them.

Good point. These screws are available for free from the customer service section at Ikea?

Those are on taobao, a chinese super store.
Impossible to register for foreigners.
So you Will need either a chinese friend or use a taobao agent :)

Those are on taobao, a chinese super store.
Impossible to register for foreigners.
So you Will need either a chinese friend or use a taobao agent :)

Taobao... offcourse. Man, there is always some good stuff on there. Tell me, do you use them? Do you have a taobao agent that you trust and can recommend?

Well i'm trying one right now to buy some artbook, buychina.com
All was going well, i paid for the books and estimated shipping and was waiting for them to tell me the final weightin case i need to add some money... I had to contact them on their facebook page to have some news, they asked more money because they were expecting the parcel to be more than 2kg, hence no airmail but EMS only.

The money was not much but the weird thing is that the way they phrased it meant that they did not ordered the books and so they were once again making an estimate.
I contacted them on their online chat and after negotiating they finally agreed to order (stuff i already paid for) and wait to have the books to see what was the actual weight...

Felt like they were worried i was not going to pay any extra money for shipping, as if i didnt wanted the books i alaready paid for... COME! ON!

Dumb bastards, asking for money when they dont even know the weight yet... twice!
On the top of that they know **** to postal services since Printed matter is not limited to 2kg by airmail but 5kg.

So i'm gonna finalize this order and probably look for another agent
I might add the 1/4 M79 with my books... Maybe
im not very inclined to use them again...
I know i will get my stuff but i just hated that i had to contact them to actully make the purchase and of course that they asked again for money without actually having the books.

Bhiner.com looks good might order the M79 from them...Unless the seller ive found deals with international buyers ^^
Keep you posted

Last edited:
Finished my fix by adding two nylon spacers on each shoulders to avoid that the screws come in direct contact with the shoulder plastic (updated my fix tutorial) it also avoided me to track down new screws as the one ive had were too long by a few milimeters.

Weird thing is that now with the newscrews and all even if the shoulder is tight the arm wont stay up as it did in my orginal fix...
The nylon spacer probably let it slide more.
However its not important since that if you want to make the famous aiming with the shortgun pose you should not put the shoulder up but only the shoulder arm articulation.

While i was at it i finally geared it with the Cyberdyne stuff...
Damn that figure is really something!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Weird thing is that now with the newscrews and all even if the shoulder is tight the arm wont stay up as it did in my orginal fix...
The nylon spacer probably let it slide more.
However its not important since that if you want to make the famous aiming with the shortgun pose you should not put the shoulder up but only the shoulder arm articulation.

While i was at it i finally geared it with the Cyberdyne stuff...
Damn that figure is really something!

picture.php

Looks good! Since getting the clean T-800, I've been really chomping at the bit to get another 1/4 figure. I'm leaning towards the 1/4 HT Endoskeleton since it's getting scarce, but the 1/4 EB BD T-800 is just too awesome. Plus I want the grey shirt and mini-gun!

Regarding the spacers, would gluing them to the arms help secure them and not cause them to shift? Or would it cause more problems in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go for the hot toys endo as you said its getting scarce and expensive, if im correct the bd t800 is being received now by retailers but been available for already a year in asia and is still available at reasonnable prices.

I rather not glue the nylon spacer just in case i need to rework the shoulders, glue is quasi-permanent so... The first screw i used had some some 'teeths" that had more grip and kept the arm up but i was worried they would damage the shoulder joint holes so i rather use the second screws with the nylon spacers.

However i dont think its the reason why the arm dont stay fully up, the left arm has the same fix and stays up. I think it all comes from the lines on the arms and inside the shoulders joints that makes the arms makes that click click sound when they touch each others when you move them. I think they are too smooth or thin on the right shoulder hence why they slide. Like i said if you wanna keep the arm up just use the arm shoulder articulation not the shoulder/joint.

Last edited:
This is one I regret passing on, I almost like it better than Enterbay's BD T-800.

The bd has a great hs, but me too i prefer the clean look.
If only enterbay would release a new upgraded hs.

Back