ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is so little wrong with this figure, there's not much for HT to bring other than accessories to make it a Cyberdyne version. I more fear HT kicking its collectors in the balls making T1 and T2 BD figures in 1/4 scale but never in 1/6.

One thing HT will likely do with their 1/4 scale figures that EB didn't here is PERS, I'm ok with leaving that feature out on a piece like this because 1/6 figures are parted out enough you can get a replacement head if PERS breaks, 1/4 scale isn't there yet so unless you got the manufacturer to accept blame for a break, good luck with that with HT, then you'd have to get a whole new figure.

I sense a bit of "buyers remorse" creeping. I think I got "drunk" on the 'in hand' pics posted on here, & may have rushed into purchasing. Now that I've "sobered up" a bit, I realise, I'm not even a hardcore Terminator fan :slap

It's still an impressive figure, but EB's Batman & HT's 1/4 announcement has me thinking that maybe I should have waited. I'm more into those movies than I am the Terminator movies. Oh well, it's not like I'm getting a crappy figure (if the pics on here are anything to go by). Also, who knows when EB's Batman or HT's 1/4 figures will be released. Will give me time with my T800 before I sell it :lol

If I sell it :D

I think there is so little wrong with this figure, there's not much for HT to bring other than accessories to make it a Cyberdyne version. I more fear HT kicking its collectors in the balls making T1 and T2 BD figures in 1/4 scale but never in 1/6.

One thing HT will likely do with their 1/4 scale figures that EB didn't here is PERS, I'm ok with leaving that feature out on a piece like this because 1/6 figures are parted out enough you can get a replacement head if PERS breaks, 1/4 scale isn't there yet so unless you got the manufacturer to accept blame for a break, good luck with that with HT, then you'd have to get a whole new figure.

While on the one hand I think Terminator is an ideal candidate for PERS, since the eye movement is a signature of terminators, after Indiana Jones I'm definitely not sure it'd be a good idea. It suddenly occured to me that the only PERS figures I have first-hand experience with are Batman and joker - 2 characters on whom Indy's infamous eyeliner problem is probably there but you just don't notice it because those two actually do wear eyeliner! Same with Jack Sparrow. However it certainly wouldn't do for a T-800 to have that eyeliner effect.

Indy is the only figure to date to have thy issue and I think it has more to do with paint and production, the proto didn't look like that. My only issue with PERS is it can break. While it syncs the eyes, EB's one eye at a time method is less fragile.

EB send mine tomorrow! It should be at home next week. :D
Playing Forza 4 will easily help me to wait for a few days.

I was really unimpressed looking at the HT Indy photos, the prototype looks a lot like Harrison Ford... whereas the production? I'm begining to think Enterbay and Hot Toys have swapped quality wise.

Except Supes came out great, HT is fine, Indy is a historically poorly done character, Sideshow, Hasbro, Medicom, they've all had issues and it's no surprise to me that HT struck out too.

it's no surprise to me that HT struck out too.

Really?
Surely you agree HT are capable of knocking Indy out the park as they have done with Supes, don't you?

I feel they simply neglected Indy due to their backlog, so no effort to improve the likeness in the knowledge that collectors will gobble him up anyway.

Not just the likeness but the body choice and the oversized clothes. I think they'll do much better next time though.

Maybe they'll get him right with their DX15- Indiana Jones 2.0, after Joker 2.0, Batman 2.0, Iron Man mk III 2.0...
I still don't understand why Hottoys didn't improve Indie though. Perhaps the cost of development? Complicated contracts with Lucasfilms? Or they just want do let it go ASAP?

Really?
Surely you agree HT are capable of knocking Indy out the park as they have done with Supes, don't you?

I feel they simply neglected Indy due to their backlog, so no effort to improve the likeness in the knowledge that collectors will gobble him up anyway.

Honestly, I look at all the mass produced Indy figures and I feel every one came out subpar to that manufacturers quality. While Sideshow Indy would never be HT quality, they were putting out other figures at that time that were nicer. Same with HT Indy, he's nice, but looking at other HT figures of the past year, even as a prototype, I haven't felt he was up to their standards.

It confuses me because it seems like the companies put the lesser resources into Indy to which I ask, why even do a figure if you're not going to give it your best effort.

Like I said, between all the other prototypes, how I felt about Indy prototype, and how other production figures have turned out, I'm not worried about HT at all.

That said, from what I've seen and read about EB, this T-800 seems like a big effort to turn things around and it looks to have worked, quality looks great and turnaround time seems fast.

Yeah, EB seem to have really tried on this one (Thus a hefty $400) and it seems to have turned out great... I just hope this batch of standards meets up to the prototype like the Exclusive batch did. I'd be gutted to finally get my first high-end figure and it looking tripe! But I have to say, if this T-800 wow's me when I open it; Enterbay can be expecting around another $800 from me (Batman and Joker).

When my aunt ordered it, EB said mid-october. Perhaps it's because I bought the figure at their store. :dunno

EB send mine tomorrow! It should be at home next week. :D
Playing Forza 4 will easily help me to wait for a few days.

May i know when did your aunt PO at EB shop?
Coz i'm also PO him at end Sept but still not yet receive their pickup confirmation?:impatient:

I bought the Ani con ex from a member here. I figured I was saving $30 from the bbts price and I'm getting him quicker. I should have mine next week as well.

Back