Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, the ht hulk feels just as heavy as the 1/4 ebs and is smaller

TBH man I have only picked up the HT Hulk once and it didn't feel that heavy to me, but I can't say for sure that it is lighter than the EB Joker since I don't have it. So I will take your word for it that they are both as heavy as each other. ;)

Again, I'm not expecting them to feel like a poly stone statue, just more heavy than what they are. It makes me understand why some say the ebs feel cheap

Well that is why people are pissed off with the MOS PF, because instead of making the statue polystone they made it out of PVC and thus, is light as a feather. It is amazing how people think weight of the figure equals quality, I guess it does to some extent, but IMO if an action figure looks good the weight really isn't an issue, for a statue that is another story because they are suppose to have some heft to them.

Yeah. Much like the 1/4 HT bats... That thing feels like a product made out of mother****ing love for the character. Heavy, quality is top notch, etc etc. Still, I prefer the look of the "cheap" EB one tbh.

Well it is still the only one that looks pretty much 100% like Bale. Those squinty eyes are dead on, plus it is more realistic Hot Toys one.

I'm assuming the same on the HT Robo. Even at 1/6 in sure that thing feels like a sturdy figure. The EB one? It's even lighter than the Hulk like my man here says. Fact.

Looks? It craps on the HT one any day.

Does that bother you?

I got my HT Robocop earlier today. It's a great figure in itself but it also has it's flaws. The silver paint is too bright.

Man tell us something we don't know.

Thight and lower legs lack bulkiness. The arm and leg joints look off. I mean, it doesnt look like a person's arm and leg are inside of the joints. EB did a great job on the leg joints by making it wide and in a flat black color.

So he is too skinny then?

I got my HT Robocop earlier today. It's a great figure in itself but it also has it's flaws. The silver paint is too bright. Thight and lower legs lack bulkiness. The arm and leg joints look off. I mean, it doesnt look like a person's arm and leg are inside of the joints. EB did a great job on the leg joints by making it wide and in a flat black color.

cant wait to get my ht version in to compare the two! i do think the arms on the ht version were attached a little low but i wil say that the ht version will win in articulation
its one of the weak points on the EB fig, IMO
specifically the inability to bend the elbows more than they are currently allowed, hard to get his hand/gun pointing straight up

Well that is why people are pissed off with the MOS PF, because instead of making the statue polystone they made it out of PVC and thus, is light as a feather. It is amazing how people think weight of the figure equals quality, I guess it does to some extent, but IMO if an action figure looks good the weight really isn't an issue, for a statue that is another story because they are suppose to have some heft to them.
totally agree with you and i am guilty of this myself. then i have to remember that i dont sit there an play with these figures so its really a non issue

cant wait to get my ht version in to compare the two! i do think the arms on the ht version were attached a little low but i wil say that the ht version will win in articulation
its one of the weak points on the EB fig, IMO
specifically the inability to bend the elbows more than they are currently allowed, hard to get his hand/gun pointing straight up

I think that goes for most EBs 1/4 figures unfortunately, and I have noticed that most pictures I have seen of this figure are in museum poses. So you have not tried replicating this pose?

[/QUOTE]

totally agree with you and i am guilty of this myself. then i have to remember that i dont sit there an play with these figures so its really a non issue

Yeah that's true but I guess it would be nice if Robocop was heavier as that would make you feel like you had a miniature version of him.

I think that goes for most EBs 1/4 figures unfortunately, and I have noticed that most pictures I have seen of this figure are in museum poses. So you have not tried replicating this pose?

Yeah that's true but I guess it would be nice if Robocop was heavier as that would make you feel like you had a miniature version of him.[/QUOTE]i can get that pose, I was talking about the gun pointing straight up

Oh I see like the PCS EX statue pose?

I still think the the pose in the pictures I posted is still quite good though. :)

agreed, its a great pose
i wanted to hit a "post shooting" pose, where the gun in up in the air, 90 degree bend at the elbow
sadly, the EB just isnt very articulated and it looks like the HT version will easily trump it in that regard
but, with the increased articultation comes more akward looking poses, for example, i can see the rod holding the arm into the torso on almost every ht picture(where is isnt a museaum pose).the rod looks akwards as its extended much further than i have ever seen in the movie and really makes it looks more robotic and less like a man in a suit

agreed, its a great pose
i wanted to hit a "post shooting" pose, where the gun in up in the air, 90 degree bend at the elbow

Yeah that is the pose on the PCS statue EX. This is what you mean right?

robocop-1.jpg

robocop-9.jpg

sadly, the EB just isnt very articulated and it looks like the HT version will easily trump it in that regard
but, with the increased articultation comes more akward looking poses, for example, i can see the rod holding the arm into the torso on almost every ht picture(where is isnt a museaum pose).the rod looks akwards as its extended much further than i have ever seen in the movie and really makes it looks more robotic and less like a man in a suit

Hmm interesting, do you have any pics to show what you mean?

Yeah that is the pose on the PCS statue EX. This is what you mean right?

robocop-1.jpg

robocop-9.jpg

Hmm interesting, do you have any pics to show what you mean?
Yes sir, that's the pose I was looking for

I'll show you what I mean on Monday, when I get my ht robo
It's basically the arm rod that connects robos arm to his body, with it extended out

Yes sir, that's the pose I was looking for

I'll show you what I mean on Monday, when I get my ht robo
It's basically the arm rod that connects robos arm to his body, with it extended out

Ok cool I will be interested to know how you compare the two and the pros and cons of each of them. Do you plan on doing a detailed review?

i read the hips were like that because they are popped out, which is needed to put robo in the chair

in the pic above, you can start to see how far out the rods, connecting the arms to the body, become too extended. Its just extended a little to far on the right hand side shoulder, other pics i have seen have it even more extended, which starts to distort the way robo looks
in the movies, theres was never such a large gap
the eb robo did a fairly good job with it, although it limits the articulation, so its a pro and con
i really wish the eb and the ht versions brought the tops of the arms up a little higher, past the tops of the rings

the eb robo did a fairly good job with it, although it limits the articulation, so its a pro and con

I personally prefer to have my EB and HT Robocop figures displayed with this 'armpit' tucked in. So the upper arm joints dont bother me too much.

On the HT Robocop, his leg joints are glossy and on the thin side. Makes it look like there are no human legs going through the thighs. What EB did was make the joints a lot wider and in a dull black color.

They are both amazing in their own right. Of course I prefer the EB one but your shelf will be full of win with both of these mothers.

Enterbays version of Robocop is a much more stellar effort then HT's. Just can't get over the shiny silver colour on the ht version.

Dear VintijDroidGutzz,
The battle damaged Hot Toys Robo Cop has a great Peter Weller likeness and would be my preference too. However, being a sculptor, I really would like to try to sculpt a Peter Weller likeness on the 1/4th scale Robo Cop 3 head sculpt. The Enterbay has an "all in one" battle damaged and pristine armor in a single product. I really prefer the 1/4th scale's 18 to 19 size with much more presence when on display!
Siegaard

I'm with you, YankeesFanBoy! EB's lack of a Peter Weller likeness is a big let down for me!
siegaard

I'm with you, YankeesFanBoy! EB's lack of a Peter Weller likeness is a big let down for me!
siegaard

Yep. The inclusion of a Weller head would've likely put this on top. Far be it from me to tell EB how to run its business, but it should've eschewed the R3 gimmickry and gone all in for his likeness.

As it is, it's pretty much deadlocked with the HT Robo. Too many issues all-around to declare a definitive winner. Maybe we'll know for sure in another eight years? :lol

2 of the faceplates are weller sculpts
I wouldn't have bought this piece if it wasn't weller

Can't speak for siegaard, but I think he was referring to a Weller head.

That RoboCop, what is it, a statue?, by that other company is of no interest to many because of a lack of Weller likeness.

Back