Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delighted with this figure. Certainly worth the reduced price though I can understand how the few niggles pissed people off when they bought it on first release for $600+.

Most of the electronics work on mine - all except the head-turn. It makes the sound but I'm getting no movement there. And it's a shame because I ****ing love the opening leg holster! I pray that never stops working because I find it seriously cool - regardless that it doesn't open in the exact movie accurate way. The phrases are beautifully clear - so it's another shame that there's only 3 of them - especially when Weller's intonation of the line ''you have the right to remain silent'' should obviously lead into him reading Clarence the rest of his rights. But no, Enterbay decide to cut it off there. Kinda frustrating. No ''Your move creep''. No ''Drop the gun, you are under arrest''. No ''Serve the public trust..'' No ''thank you for your cooperation, goodnight.'' No walking sound effect. We already knew all this but screw it, I'll reiterate it.

Other criticisms - as many have noted the forearm construction is fairly haphazard - the hands come off too easily and the hands are the only thing that retains the rest of the forearm in place all the way up to the elbow so it all comes off with excessive ease. And yet the chest and back armour are not as easy to connect together as they really should be when doing swap-outs. The teeth on the mouthpiece with the slightly open mouth are painted no better than a NECA figure - which is strange because overall the paintwork on the flesh and on the eyes of the Burke headsculpt is astounding. Lastly, yes he does kinda feel light and cheap. Not so much a problem when you get a bargain price though. Visually he remains a real treat with good proportions and a beautiful finish to his armour if, like Hot Toys, not totally accurate.

So, glad I got him in the end. Kinda does make me wish we could get a good high-end Predator and Alien at this scale. Alas, it would be Hot Toys and they would inevitably come up short on accuracy.

Last thing - I put the jetpack onto my old NECA 18'' figure rather than just sitting it on the shelf. It fits more or less.

Glad to hear your pleased... wonder if there is anyway to fix the neck not turning; or if it's just something you're stuck with.

Still, even with no electronics working $200 seems like it would still be a great price... especially if you're into the goofy jetpack.

Glad to hear your pleased... wonder if there is anyway to fix the neck not turning; or if it's just something you're stuck with.

Still, even with no electronics working $200 seems like it would still be a great price... especially if you're into the goofy jetpack.

Nifty little ploy from BBTS to declare that there are no electronics - that way any electronics working at all becomes a 'cool surprise' as opposed to a disappointment when some or all of it aren't working. :lol

Most of the electronics work on mine - all except the head-turn..

When i got the electronics to work before they broke completely on me the head wasn't moving on mine either but i moved the head slightly to either side manually and when i tested the electronics again the head then moved. I know they say don't move the head as you may break the servo but moving it slightly just might work for you as it did me!

Got my Enterbay Robo about a week ago and have been putting the finishing touches on my display. The one that I received has a couple of minor issues but overall I am really happy with the figure. It looks great on display. I didn't try the electronics so I cannot report if they work or not.

A few pics:

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

My stand-in for DxxK Jones. It is the only figure that I could find that even remotely looks like him that is wearing a suit.

IMG_2054.jpg

Although the figure is probably a better match for this guy. If anyone finally releases a Robocain I will have to find or make a 1/10 canister of Nuke... :lol

oldmannuke.jpg

Very nice display Vector. Great job on that NECA diorama. I love the couch - where'd that come from?

When i got the electronics to work before they broke completely on me the head wasn't moving on mine either but i moved the head slightly to either side manually and when i tested the electronics again the head then moved. I know they say don't move the head as you may break the servo but moving it slightly just might work for you as it did me!

Hmmm...not sure I wanna try that...

I'd take the risk. If it's already broken, moving the head won't make it worse.

I turned the head all over the place before I knew the electronics worked, I can see how moving it could fix a gearing issue. Just don't twist the head quickly, moving the head slowly shouldn't damage the servos.

Robo is scheduled to arrive today.... although FedEx tracking says it will be delivered by USPS, but I can't see any updates past when it was given over to the USPS on 6/1. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is a guarantee then I'd imagine?

Hopefully you're in for a good time, with no issues presenting. It was an enjoyable figure to open up. I loved taking out all the layers of foam to reveal all the various parts packed safely throughout the box.

I'd take the risk. If it's already broken, moving the head won't make it worse.

I turned the head all over the place before I knew the electronics worked, I can see how moving it could fix a gearing issue. Just don't twist the head quickly, moving the head slowly shouldn't damage the servos.

Well, I did as you guys suggested and....I seem to have remote activated movement now! I manually turned the head slightly - not to any extreme - I could feel some resistance of the servos but didn't dare push further to risk any sort of snapping sound or anything. And it was enough. His head now moves using the remote. Hopefully it will stay this way.

My overall feeling now is what a great purchase.

Thanks for that by the way, I got those PMs.

Yep, I'm not scheduled for delivery today... and the package shows as "out for deliver" :panic:

And great to hear your figure is now fully functional.

Mine arrived yesterday and isn't working. Any idea what I can do to get him functioning? Anyone open him up yet to mess with the internals?

Back