Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to emulate the ht robo pic someone took at a convention, I'm surprised this thread is dead

I think the thread is dead is because most 1/4 collectors are going gaga gaga over PCS statue, which I will admit looks like a more impressive piece overall as far as color accuracy and armor realism goes but the head sculpt doesn't look like real person nor does it look like Weller.

hot_toys_robocop_collection_sdcc_pictures_2.jpg

Love this pic figure looks very realistic here. :clap

[/B] I think the thread is dead is because most 1/4 collectors are going gaga gaga over PCS statue, which I will admit looks like a more impressive piece overall as far as color accuracy and armor realism goes but the head sculpt doesn't look like real person nor does it look like Weller.

i did see that staute, your right, the proportions and color are a little better but that head sculpt is just bad, hopefully they change it
The pose is iconic, really wish I could get this one into it

i did see that staute, your right, the proportions and color are a little better but that head sculpt is just bad, hopefully they change it

Are you talking about the current head sculpt or the one that was displayed at Wondercon? I don't think their new head sculpt is bad, but it doesn't look like a real person wearing a helmet like this one does.

The pose is iconic, really wish I could get this one into it

Yes it is but unlike a statue with a sculpted pose there a limits of how an action figure can be posed.

[/B] I think the thread is dead is because most 1/4 collectors are going gaga gaga over PCS statue, which I will admit looks like a more impressive piece overall as far as color accuracy and armor realism goes but the head sculpt doesn't look like real person nor does it look like Weller.

I personally never liked anything mechanical or robot like being captured in statue form, just doesnt seem proper. Those gotta be in figure form to really appeciate it, just my opinion. ThAts why i think this version is light years ahead of that pcs version.

Are you talking about the current head sculpt or the one that was displayed at Wondercon? I don't think their new head sculpt is bad, but it doesn't look like a real person wearing a helmet like this one does.

Yes it is but unlike a statue with a sculpted pose there a limits of how an action figure can be posed.
But at least it can be posed, not trying to get into a statue vs figure debate as I believe they are two different markets with different buyers

The whole reason I got into Hot Toys and Enterbay was because I was sick of having statues that I could not enjoy sat on my lap having a cuppa tea or a j.

statue goes up and there i stays. Which is not to say I will never buy another statue, it just means for chill time, I like something tangible that I can tinker with.

But at least it can be posed, not trying to get into a statue vs figure debate as I believe they are two different markets with different buyers

Hey I am trying to debate about whether a statue is better than a figure, I just meant unfortunately you are just limited to how u can pose your figure unfortunately. And thus, may not be able to achieve that iconic pose that the PCS statue has. :(

Pros and cons to both figure Formats. I like figures myself but am finding myself more and more interested in some new statues that come with optional switch out parts, especially one where changing a few pieces drastically changes the whole pose/mood/attitude of the statue

Enterbay - RoboCop

I'm loving my EB Robo, but I'm also getting PCS's statue as well as the HT figure.

Frankly, the HS in the statue isn't that bad, but it could be better. What seals the deal for me is the iconic pose, something both HT and EB's offerings are not able to achieve. I really do hope the HS gets tweaked though.

I tend to collect as much formats as I'm financially able to when it comes to licenses I really, really like. Robo is one of 'em.

And to be fair to statues, some of them look insanely epic without the need to be articulated like a figure. The comic Batman PF (to me at least) is a damn fine example.

That Keaton also looks the business ( getting that too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm loving my EB Robo, but I'm also getting PCS's statue as well as the HT figure.

Congrats man, but did u always plan to buy the PCS statue or is this something u only considered recently after seeing the pics of it?

Frankly, the HS in the statue isn't that bad, but it could be better. What seals the deal for me is the iconic pose, something both HT and EB's offerings are not able to achieve. I really do hope the HS gets tweaked though.

Yeah it not's a bad HS but it just doesn't look like Weller or as realistic as EBs.

I tend to collect as much formats as I'm financially able to when it comes to licenses I really, really like. Robo is one of 'em.

And to be fair to statues, some of them look insanely epic without the need to be articulated like a figure. The comic Batman PF (to me at least) is a damn fine example.

That Keaton also looks the business ( getting that too!)

Can't argue with that. ;)

I have never regretted a purchase as much as this one. I went to remove the head because it was on wonky and one of the washers has split and it can be glued back together with means the head has to sit loose now. As soon as picked the figure up, the forearms, hands and fingers fell off. This thing really is a piece of crap. Can't even sell it because of the head issue and some paint flaws.

I have never regretted a purchase as much as this one. I went to remove the head because it was on wonky and one of the washers has split and it can be glued back together with means the head has to sit loose now. As soon as picked the figure up, the forearms, hands and fingers fell off. This thing really is a piece of crap. Can't even sell it because of the head issue and some paint flaws.

See if you can buy another washer from EB, put the arms back on and put it up for sale
Better to recoup some of the $$$ than letting the figure sit in a box
As a robocop fan, I would be more than happy to pick up one of these at a discount(assuming I hadn't already bought one)

Well of course the head was going to be loose when you removed the washers. That's hardly their fault is it?! ;)

Either buy new washers or just tie an elastic band round it and it should be fine.

I do agree that the fingers and fore arms could be more secure.

I had my Roboout again all weekend. I love this figure but then I didn't have any issues.

Congrats man, but did u always plan to buy the PCS statue or is this something u only considered recently after seeing the pics of it?

Yeah it not's a bad HS but it just doesn't look like Weller or as realistic as EBs.

Can't argue with that. ;)

Not at first, but the latest pics kinda sold me on it.

Price isn't that bad either.

Just to let anyone know who is looking for a Robo that I have one sealed up ready to ship and I'm in the US.

Next to the ht ed-209

97F3FEF3-BF8B-4748-9D81-0046B222FCF0.jpg

Saw the new robocop movie last night(full movie was on youtube in very good quality), I thought it was a pretty good movie, didn't have the epic story/feel that the original had, but it was def robocop, think the new one would slaughter the old one in a fight

Just received mine today.

There are some point that is like a model kit not sanded properly.

Does anyone know what paint to use if i want these excess plastic?

Thanks.

Back