ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is their marketing irrelevant? HT puts there specs out early for a reason. They strive to make their products better, they want criticism, so they can turn out a better product and by releasing full pics early, it allows them to take in feedback and make minor adjustments. They don't do it all the time, but they do make adjustments on most products.

Enterbay do the same do they not? I'm sure the T-800 had changes between teasers and final. That's why they show the WIP shots, no :dunno

Enterbay do the same do they not? I'm sure the T-800 had changes between teasers and final. That's why they show the WIP shots, no :dunno

no they don't. By the time we get any high res pics, the figure is already in production. Huge difference.

Nope. Aside from their early (and laughable) T-800 shots we never saw a damn thing (aside from sad pathetic teasers) until they were available for purchase.

HT has time to make adjustments though. That's where HT marketing beats the crap out of EB's.

HT will not change a thing. It makes no sense business wise because they already have a following who will buy the figure no matter what.

In a year's time they will produce another figure with mesh under armour and a cowl with the right proportions and everybody will buy that and say wow this makes my old figure look like crap. The same people will buy, buy, buy and HT know this.

Would you want to double your profits of a figure by making sure that there is enough wrong with it so you can bring out another figure with improvements. Not HT fault that people will except any figure, even if it looked like your dad under the cowl.

how is their marketing irrelevant? HT puts there specs out early for a reason. They strive to make their products better, they want criticism, so they can turn out a better product and by releasing full pics early, it allows them to take in feedback and make minor adjustments. They don't do it all the time, but they do make adjustments on most products.

I guess I can see your point, but they really need to deliver where it counts. The product.

HT will not change a thing. It makes no sense business wise because they already have a following who will buy the figure no matter what.

In a year's time they will produce another figure with mesh under armour and a cowl with the right proportions and everybody will buy that and say wow this makes my old figure look like crap. The same people will buy, buy, buy and HT know this.

Would you want to double your profits of a figure by making sure that there is enough wrong with it so you can bring out another figure with improvements. Not HT fault that people will except any figure, even if it looked like your dad under the cowl.

these aren't $200 figures anymore, people will not buy multiple, slightly tweaked versions. There have always been people that will buy their figures no matter what, but because they care about criticism, they almost always make changes. Makes perfect sense for a company that is as competitive as they are.

these aren't $200 figures anymore, people will not buy multiple, slightly tweaked versions. There have always been people that will buy their figures no matter what, but because they care about criticism, they almost always make changes. Makes perfect sense for a company that is as competitive as they are.

Yeah, but if you go into the QS001 thread, you will read a lot of praising for this figure (Which I don't really have a problem with). I have no loyaty to either of these companies, I don’t even own anything from Enterbay (before this figure), however when I saw both figures, I knew that EB had the better 1/4 figure.

What's the incentive for HT to change any of the problems written in these forums over and over? I believe QS001 is what it is....

Yeah, but if you go into the QS001 thread, you will read a lot of praising for this figure (Which I don't really have a problem with). I have no loyaty to either of these companies, I don’t even own anything from Enterbay (before this figure), however when I saw both figures, I knew that EB had the better 1/4 figure.

What's the incentive for HT to change any of the problems written in these forums over and over? I believe QS001 is what it is....

if HT improves the cowl head and puts in accurate mesh, 2 small adjustments, there won't be much debate which is the superior overall figure imo. That's what HT wants, to know they have the superior version and that's why they WILL make changes.

if HT improves the cowl head and puts in accurate mesh, 2 small adjustments, there won't be much debate which is the superior overall figure imo. That's what HT wants, to know they have the superior version and that's why they WILL make changes.

They're going to likely release it as is and do a second version after to milk more money. It's okay.

I think it’ll take a a little more than that to surpass the EB figure IMO.

:goodpost: Agreed. That said, if HT made a Batman figure that looked like my dad under the cowl I'd buy three.

It's a little hard to compare as they may as well be completely different characters the differences in the suits are that great but Hot Toys 1/4 Batman is easily the better of the two

Yup. What i find weird about the HT 1/4 is that it looks worse then their 1/6. Bale headsculpt is worse, proportions are worse, cowl looks the same (bad) chin looks worse, neck looks too long. I kinda wanted to see the benefits of going quarter scale like EB showed with the T-800 compared to the HT's version. But it hasn't happened. Long tome till release tho, so it could. Lots of things to fix first tho.

Yup. What i find weird about the HT 1/4 is that it looks worse then their 1/6. Bale headsculpt is worse, proportions are worse, cowl looks the same (bad) chin looks worse, neck looks too long. I kinda wanted to see the benefits of going quarter scale like EB showed with the T-800 compared to the HT's version. But it hasn't happened. Long tome till release tho, so it could. Lots of things to fix first tho.

134305934119-5dkqoh.jpg

Back