ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the leg work bicoid!:hi5:

Anyway, that looks like an interesting product, but I'm inclined to stick to the key words "satin" and "varnish".

Maybe something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Liquitex-Professional-Satin-Varnish-8-oz/dp/B001US6NPM

No problem. Thanks for looking that Liquitex varnish up. Though I'm a little hesitant to give it a try since it says it's permanent in the product description. The Pledge w/ Future shine seems a lot more forgiving since you can take it off if it doesn't look right and it's readily available. Plus it seems "dummy proof" which I'm much more inclined to stick with. :lol I can probably add a dull coat lacquer if it gets too glossy.

Non-permenance is precisely why I'm not interested in the Pledge idea. I want a permenant fix.

If I ever try the varnish I'll post some tips.

Is there another batman fig as good as this one?
your best hope is to wait the HT 1/4 begins & I think maybe it'll cone out 2 or 3 years later.
as much as I believe HT will make a great batman, it'll be difficult to tops the likeness on this batman :yess:

Non-permenance is precisely why I'm not interested in the Pledge idea. I want a permenant fix.

If I ever try the varnish I'll post some tips.

You misunderstood, as I mentioned before Future is extremely durable and offer a high quality varnish.
Once applied it will not move, I still have WWII plane kits I varnished with Future 25 or 30 years ago, they look like new.
Having the option to remove it after application (before it fully cures) if you messed up is a plus but it does not affect the durability of the finish.

If you really want to try something else, stay away from artist's varnishes such as Liquitex, they are not really designed for this kind of thing.
Try varnishes designed for plastics (styrene, ABS etc...) used by scale modelers such as Tamiya, Testors, Model Masters etc...
For best results, you'll need to airbrush these on though.
The advantage of Future is that you can brush it on easily or just dip the part in it.
It is the best option for these gauntlets.

I used Future/Pledge on the Batman Toyfair gauntlets, 2 layers brushed on in less than 10 minutes.

IMG_7993_zps1b20bfcc.jpg

your best hope is to wait the HT 1/4 begins & I think maybe it'll cone out 2 or 3 years later.
as much as I believe HT will make a great batman, it'll be difficult to tops the likeness on this batman :yess:

$300 used, $375 new makes it really tempting and I don't have a place to put it

The open mouth is my fav but i have to say (thanks to this picture) the classic one looks awesome.

Gonna change it tonight :clap

Just recived the figure And I 'd like to know how i can to change the faceplate.. Exacly I can't take out it from the cowl one

Just recived the figure And I 'd like to know how i can to change the faceplate.. Exacly I can't take out it from the cowl one

Just lightly press on the lips and the gap between the chin and the cowl will widen.

Lard1n - The face plates are interchangeable and are held on the cowl by magnets.All you have to is lift the plate off which I do by placing my finger under the chin and pull up.You could also remove it by using a tweezer or a precision screwdriver but becareful not to scratch the paint job.Hope this helps!^_^

Ok, as per Tourist's advice, I just finished glossing my gauntlets with Pledge Future Clean. I dipped them in, and used a fine paint brush for the crevices. I had trouble with some bubbles forming but I managed to smooth them out with the brush. I think you have to watch out and wick the excess fluid in places where it starts to pool, or else the residue will start to form.

aq4u.jpg

clean scrub with soapy water

q42h.jpg

5mdu.jpg

after the first coat

3ule.jpg

after the second coat

I think it turned out pretty well! It doesn't look too "wet". Hopefully it dries well overnight or I'll have to soak it in Windex before the acrylic fully cures.

Last edited:
Just some final pics of gauntlets. I think they turned out great! Very happy with the results!

Thanks again Tourist for recommending Pledge w/ Future! :clap :clap :clap

a98l.jpg

uu1v.jpg

1q7u.jpg

gh32.jpg

^^^Hmm, that does seem to look pretty nice. Wish I could see them side by side with Rory's satin varnished ones. These might look a bit "wet" by comparison...

You misunderstood, as I mentioned before Future is extremely durable and offer a high quality varnish.
Once applied it will not move, I still have WWII plane kits I varnished with Future 25 or 30 years ago, they look like new.
Having the option to remove it after application (before it fully cures) if you messed up is a plus but it does not affect the durability of the finish.

If you really want to try something else, stay away from artist's varnishes such as Liquitex, they are not really designed for this kind of thing.
Try varnishes designed for plastics (styrene, ABS etc...) used by scale modelers such as Tamiya, Testors, Model Masters etc...
For best results, you'll need to airbrush these on though.
The advantage of Future is that you can brush it on easily or just dip the part in it.
It is the best option for these gauntlets.

I used Future/Pledge on the Batman Toyfair gauntlets, 2 layers brushed on in less than 10 minutes.

IMG_7993_zps1b20bfcc.jpg

Interesting. So there is something in the Pledge that never comes off once it dries? Seems like something you would never want to put on your furniture.

Good lord is that one fine Batman figure. Great futzing and pose, Mags.
If there is one 1/4 figure that has been the most tempting it's this one.

I just can't go down that path though....

It takes some work to get it there. It doesn't look like that out of the box. But I do love it.

The open mouth is my fav but i have to say (thanks to this picture) the classic one looks awesome.

Gonna change it tonight :clap

Open mouth is my favorite to, but I wanted a change as well. :)

Interesting. So there is something in the Pledge that never comes off once it dries? Seems like something you would never want to put on your furniture.

Pledge with Future is for floors not furnitures.
It simply is a high quality acrylic varnish, it is essentially the same thing Rory used.
You seem to work really hard at knocking this thing down even though you don't know much about varnishes. :dunno
Scale modelers have been using it for years, there's a reason for it.
Earlier you said you wanted a permanent varnish now you seem to imply that would be bad.
As I mentioned you can get rid of it with Windex (ammonia is an acrylic thinner/solvent) but it will take longer if you applied the Future months or years ago.

Just some final pics of gauntlets. I think they turned out great! Very happy with the results!

Thanks again Tourist for recommending Pledge w/ Future! :clap :clap :clap

a98l.jpg

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked out.
It looks great :clap, don't let anyone with preconceived notions tell you otherwise.

Thanks man. I just started "high end" collecting relatively recently, last year in fact, so a lot of what I'm doing is still trial and error. :lol

Any critiques and advice from anyone, especially you guys that have been collecting far longer than I have, I consider invaluable. So it's all good.

^great work bicoid.
I might be in collecting business a bit longer than you but still haven't got the courage to do this kind of mod at all:lol

Thanks man. I just started "high end" collecting relatively recently, last year in fact, so a lot of what I'm doing is still trial and error. :lol

I have been buying figures for barely two years now, so I'm still new to it.
I don't really "collect", I just buy what I like if I can afford it without any particular collection in mind.
As a matter of fact I just got this figure today, I'm still getting used to the very stiff joints, mostly ankles and wrists.
I plan to mod it a bit, so the gauntlets are in my future.
The only problem with this Batman I haven't seen mentioned yet is the legs.
They are skinny and misshaped (bow legged), I'll have to do something about that.

Back