ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series-Terminator 2-BD T-800 Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barring a few good things that Adev highlighted if one has to have just one of the two dx13 could be a better option. The enterbay is great and while the scale and size helps dominate it's appeal, overall dx13 snatches the game. Having said that I would still say go for both! Sacrifice on other stuff - lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually not the size swaying me, it's that the tailoring, sculpt and paint on the EB capture Arnie from those moments perfectly to the point I'd have to make an effort to find any inaccuracies or flaws. I've never liked the look of the leg on DX13 and 1/6 can't get a leather jacket to lay and look proper like 1/4.

If people said they couldn't choose one over the other, I might lean to HT for photo options, but there seems a clear victory for EB when value is measured solely on shelf presence.

My most favorite Rambo piece i own is 1/6 and I have 3 1/4 scale Rambos.

Even though HT blows it away, I do have the NECA 1/6 BD figure which takes wanting BD T-800 specifically in that scale of my collection a non factor in this decision.

I prefer the knee BD on the Hot Toys even though it has little resemblance to the prosthetic in the movie. The thing is, the knee on the Enterbay is probably its weakest area, the flesh damage is totally amateur - rather than specifically sculpting torn flesh they just made a normal plastic knee and hacked into it with a tool of some kind. The endo part doesn't look particularly good either.

The chest though, I prefer it on the Enterbay, they did sculpt the damage there and it looks more like the movie with more endo-chest on show.

I think the Hot Toys is the better set for sheer value and options alone. I love the semi-Damaged head, the full jacket and that chrome T-1000 statue. I also think the bodies on that figure are better made.

However I didn't pay full price for the Enterbay, so value wise I think the Enterbay ironically ended up beating the Hot Toys for me personally. Something that, if you look back at my posts in these threads, I didn't think would be possible. The gorgeous portrait and paint applications, size, height and quality of the clothes and weapons for $222 put it over the Hot Toys which was $315 (I remember using RP from sideshow for mine though.

I'm happy to own both, couldn't be happier. Having the Battle Damaged Arnold represented extrremley well in all the different scales is great. I've got the 7" Final Battle and Steel Mill from NECA. The 2-up NECA final battle. The 12" Hot Toys DX 13 (and another one I built up for the second look from TA) and the Enterbay 1/4 T-800.

I kinda have regrets selling my regular clean enterbay Arnold because I would have really loved swapping the shirt, putting on the gloved hands and mini gun w/bag from this release. But then I would have no doubt broken the shoulders trying to swap shirts and the bandolier is all cut up (not that people would see it if you put on all the ammo and sling that side to his back). I mean I guess given the eBay-Amazon sales I could have gotten a second Battle Damaged and could have given my clean arnold the upper torso with superior shoulders and have an extra bandolier, but that's way too frivolous in both money and space.

I'm content with what I own. We'll see if NECA ever unveils their 1/4 Steel Mill Arnold or whatever they have planned if they're even doing anything anymore with Terminator. :p

Just wait until I post a YT video of BD Terminator holding his gatling gun and roses while wearing his sunglasses and riding a 1/4 harley in front of a tech noir club sign. :yess:

Last edited:
a-dev watching my video. :lol

reverse-1275905143_raging-midget.gif

a-dev watching my video. :lol

reverse-1275905143_raging-midget.gif

:lol or this

I kinda have regrets selling my regular clean enterbay Arnold because I would have really loved swapping the shirt, putting on the gloved hands and mini gun w/bag from this release. But then I would have no doubt broken the shoulders trying to swap shirts and the bandolier is all cut up (not that people would see it if you put on all the ammo and sling that side to his back). I mean I guess given the eBay-Amazon sales I could have gotten a second Battle Damaged and could have given my clean arnold the upper torso with superior shoulders and have an extra bandolier, but that's way too frivolous in both money and space.

I'm content with what I own. We'll see if NECA ever unveils their 1/4 Steel Mill Arnold or whatever they have planned if they're even doing anything anymore with Terminator. :p

I dunno, I don't think you need to regret selling the clean version. The sculpt, remember their failure with the sculpt. That stupidly thick head from front to back, the lumpy hair at the back, the drugged eyes - and you'd be displaying it without the sunglasses if you were going with the Cyberdyne look. For me it's only salvageable with the sunglasses on and viewed from a frontal low angle.

Last edited:
:lol or this

I dunno, I don't think you need to regret selling the clean version. The sculpt, remember their failure with the sculpt. That stupidly thick head from front to back, the lumpy hair at the back, the drugged eyes - and you'd be displaying it without the sunglasses if you were going with the Cyberdyne look. For me it's only salvageable with the sunglasses on and viewed from a frontal low angle.

Only if you scream in that same pitch. :lol

IMG_1500.JPG

DiFabio has a great "rational" comparison of value between the two, but for me, when the investment is this high, it's more about emotional value than practical, and for me, EB edges out in that regard.

For me, when I think Terminator 2, these two images are what I always gravitate to and EB's figure instantly evokes the fond memories I have, where HT looks like a really nice figure to me but doesn't evoke the same feelings for me.

45.jpg

screenshot_79.jpg

HT did a great job, but those pictures confirm my feeling, Enterbay is like a miniature living human, where HT, while lifelike, looks like a high end figure. Any quality the sculpt may have is downgraded by the ill fitting costume, at least in comparison to Enterbay.

Best way to describe the Enterbay is a 1:1 Battle Damaged Arnold that you'd see at a museum or a home theater, shrunk down to 1/4 scale. The headsculpt is the selling point. Pics don't do the exposed endo and Arnold likeness justice.

To your point Maulfan, I would have preferred that chain that he hangs onto as he's lowered down to the minigun, bag, extra forearm, hands, etc. Him hanging on something like that in this scale would look amazing.

And I know a-dev is hung up on the flaws of the first EB figure, but what I'd give to have it back :(, I loved it in this pose.

IMG_0004 (6).jpg

And all along, the half man, half machine look has been a favorite for me, this was always my favorite T2 figure I owned and why it's the only one I've held onto besides John Connor all these years.

IMG_0001 (3).jpg

Only if you scream in that same pitch. :lol

View attachment 317278

I knew that reference would not be lost on anyone here :yess:

DiFabio has a great "rational" comparison of value between the two, but for me, when the investment is this high, it's more about emotional value than practical, and for me, EB edges out in that regard.

For me, when I think Terminator 2, these two images are what I always gravitate to and EB's figure instantly evokes the fond memories I have, where HT looks like a really nice figure to me but doesn't evoke the same feelings for me.

It is decided then.

For me, the HT version has the better likeness to T2 Arnold. But, remember, that's completely subjective.

View attachment 317313

The BD arm is another area where DX13 is better. Shame they covered all the endo-parts in blood though. We should see chrome. The blood makes it look bronze and it blends with his human flesh too much.

:yess:

Yeah it looks like he has copper endo pipes. :lol

I bet it can't be too difficult to get lightweight pipes and rods at your local hardware store to add some extra endo parts to the Enterbay.

Lightweight is key though.

I've toyed with the idea of adding a piece hanging on 'by a thread' to the Enterbay, like NECA did with theirs. It is accurate to some shots in the movie

41JHjI5Kp2L._SY355_.jpg

I think it'd give the EB a more authentic look. I haven't found anything to use yet though.

Back