ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series-Terminator 2-BD T-800 Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could remember what in hand photos I was looking at where I was comparing the cloths on the new PF and the BD EB T2. The EB just had a less detailed look. I also think it's because the PF are made to have the cloths fit and look a certain way. Almost like they are sculpted on. Because the EB versions are loose enough to allow movement they tend to look a tad oversized at times and thus adding to the 1/6 like appearance. Thus why I tend to prefer the PF look. .

:goodpost:

Oh wow so that is why these dolls don't look as natural as PFs

Ah. Having always been a figure man I wouldn't tend to notice the effect you're describing or at least not really be bothered by it.

I know exactly what JAWS means, no matter how I pose my figures they do still look like dolls and I could not understand why. But now I get it, the clothing has to be over-sized to allow articulation whereas clothes on PFs look better tailored like JAWS said sculpted on. Giving a more natural look.

I wish I could remember what in hand photos I was looking at where I was comparing the cloths on the new PF and the BD EB T2. The EB just had a less detailed look. I also think it's because the PF are made to have the cloths fit and look a certain way. Almost like they are sculpted on. Because the EB versions are loose enough to allow movement they tend to look a tad oversized at times and thus adding to the 1/6 like appearance. Thus why I tend to prefer the PF look.

Jaws, you know i love you....but i dont think the clothes on the EB T-800 are oversized at all :dunno Infact, some poses are extremely difficult to achieve the correct angle of articulation due to the clothes being so tight. So i dont particularly agree with that point...but i do love you :lol

Jaws, you know i love you....but i dont think the clothes on the EB T-800 are oversized at all :dunno Infact, some poses are extremely difficult to achieve the correct angle of articulation due to the clothes being so tight. So i dont particularly agree with that point...but i do love you :lol

Hmm that is true these 1/4 scale figures are difficult to pose, which would mean that the clothes are too tight, since there is so much articulation on the actual body. Dam it I am back to square one now of not understanding why PFs don't look like dolls. :slap

Hmm that is true these 1/4 scale figures are difficult to pose, which would mean that the clothes are too tight, since there is so much articulation on the actual body. Dam it I am back to square one now of not understanding why PFs don't look like dolls. :slap

I don't know, man. PFs certainly don't look like dolls, but neither does this guy:

P5090570LR_zps715ddafa.jpg

P5090575lr_zps962c2d9f.jpg

:wink1:

The Enterbay T-800 wins hands down for me in every aspect other than....

The PF weathering on the clothes is actually better and the PF base is also a lot better when compared to the Enterbay version. If I had the chance to switch these 2 factors over to the Enterbay version then for me The Enterbay figure would be perfect! Remember, no piece is ever 100% perfect.

Let's see how the final production version ends up. Sideshow's prototypes are always amazing, but very few production PFs end up looking as good as their prototypes.

That is amazing, maybe it is just my imagination. Fantastic figure nevertheless! :rock

That the EB BD T800 certainly is -- fantastic.

I get what you and Jaws mean regarding the costumes on PF's though. However, tailoring for figures be it in 1/6 or 1/4 are getting better as we speak; whether it's 3rd party mass produced suits from Pop Toys (their suits for Wayne, Stark, and Obadiah Stane are so sharp!), Kato-commissioned clothing such as those for DX11 and SSC's Joker, even the standard Hot Toys clothing just like what's in the box for Barney Ross 2.0. EB Joker's shirt and pants are just the right fit, IMO, while the EB BD jacket and pants seem to have a better fit than its predecessor. Makes the new releases look better and more life-like, though not without compromise in articulation.

Just like in 1:1 props: Sienna Miller looked killer in her tight-fitting leather Baroness outfit. She wouldn't be as fatally attractive if she were on a costume 2 inches baggier, but the truth is she can't sit down when in costume.

Personally,all PF's look like statues!The clothing, gear looks GREAT and even the sculpt but the paint apps kill it!I haven't seen not one PF that even comes close to the detail that an EB sculpt has!Also,it comes down to how well you can pose your figure.There are some who have understanding of how a human body moves so posing a figure comes easy to them.I've seen a lot of PICS. of beautiful figures posed in a neutral stance and look like a Hasbro action figures because they don't know how to pose the figure!That's why it would make anyone think of it as a common toy opposed to a statue/PF that some pro artist has already positioned it, taking out the difficulty of posing the figure!I think so anyway!^_^
P.S.I HOPE i get the BD T-800 this fall from BBTS!

Personally,all PF's look like statues!The clothing, gear looks GREAT and even the sculpt but the paint apps kill it!I haven't seen not one PF that even comes close to the detail that an EB sculpt has!Also,it comes down to how well you can pose your figure.There are some who have understanding of how a human body moves so posing a figure comes easy to them.I've seen a lot of PICS. of beautiful figures posed in a neutral stance and look like a Hasbro action figures because they don't know how to pose the figure!That's why it would make anyone think of it as a common toy opposed to a statue/PF that some pro artist has already positioned it, taking out the difficulty of posing the figure!I think so anyway!^_^

I think that is exactly why most of the vids for this piece make it look lackluster

You know I love u 2 bro. But I think if you tried to move the legs on the pf t1 they would split or rip. There is no room for movement. Not all are like that of course but most of as of clothing is made to fit the pose and shaped to look real. Take the after mentioned t1 or the hulk Marquette. Booths pieces have clothing where the material is actually hard and "sculpted" to look more real /natural and less doll like.

I don't know, man. PFs certainly don't look like dolls, but neither does this guy:

P5090570LR_zps715ddafa.jpg

P5090575lr_zps962c2d9f.jpg

:wink1:

See neither of those photos look like something I would want. There is a dynamicness to it that is missing for me. Perhaps it's because the face looks so lifelike yet still lacks life because it is after all just a sculpt that something ends up feeling off to me. As a pf sculpt looks like it has been sculpted thus there is no strange soulless quality look to it because you know that it is a polystyrene sculpture. Does that make sense to anyone else because it does to me.:)

I don't know. I just looked at it right now in person and I'm still stunned by it. One of the issues is that it's hard to really photograph the weathering on his clothes. That's part of what makes it look so good but it can be difficult to photograph.

Good point, buddy! :hi5: now...

See neither of those photos look like something I would want. There is a dynamicness to it that is missing for me. Perhaps it's because the face looks so lifelike yet still lacks life because it is after all just a sculpt that something ends up feeling off to me. As a pf sculpt looks like it has been sculpted thus there is no strange soulless quality look to it because you know that it is a polystyrene sculpture. Does that make sense to anyone else because it does to me.:)

When I read you mentioned "DYNAMIC", Jaws, you made me agree more with CeeemOr's post regarding some PFs/Statues/Maquettes being more dynamic by default. Most figures, no matter how good a poser/futzer you are, would be difficult to give as much dynamism as these fully-sculpted non-articulated statues because of the irony that is articulation points. While they make figures move and hold poses like humans, they can look stiff rather than fluid as its limits can't really copy a real humanoid's fluidity/flexibility. Good sculptors can copy that body language at a static pose -- at some point even defying nature and breaking the laws of anatomy using artistic license just to make the figure more dynamic (no different to comic-book artists who deviate from true anatomy resulting to more in-your-face poses, like Mike Deodato). A good example is the Berserker Pred Maquette. Its very dynamic pose can never be copied by the HT Berserker nor by any of the 1/4 NECA Preds.

4000501_press01-001.jpg

As for the HS, sculptors for statues can pair the dynamic body sculpt with an expression that would fit it best. For figures, sculptors have to play safe and resort to neutral faces that can sometimes look soulless with an empty stare, and then sometimes give us an option by providing us a second headsculpt that can be scene-specific/more dynamic like DX 11, or EB's Kobe and LeBron. EB defied this though by releasing the pose-specific Jordan HS as a separate figure, but that's them milking the franchise.

Last edited:

When I read you mentioned "DYNAMIC", Jaws, you made me agree more with CeeemOr's post regarding some PFs/Statues/Maquettes being more dynamic by default. Most figures, no matter how good a poser/futzer you are, would be difficult to give as much dynamism as these fully-sculpted non-articulated statues because of the irony that is articulation points. While they make figures move and hold poses like humans, they can look stiff rather than fluid as its limits can't really copy a real humanoid's fluidity/flexibility. Good sculptors can copy that body language at a static pose -- at some point even defying nature and breaking the laws of anatomy using artistic license just to make the figure more dynamic (no different to comic-book artists who deviate from true anatomy resulting to more in-your-face poses, like Mike Deodato). A good example is the Berserker Pred Maquette. Its very dynamic pose can never be copied by the HT Berserker nor by any of the 1/4 NECA Preds.

4000501_press01-001.jpg

As for the HS, sculptors for statues can pair the dynamic body sculpt with an expression that would fit it best. For figures, sculptors have to play safe and resort to neutral faces that can sometimes look soulless with an e:goodpost:Matt i8 stare, and then sometimes give us an option by providing us a second headsculpt that can be scene-specific/more dynamic like DX 11, or EB's Kobe and LeBron. EB defied this though by releasing the pose-specific Jordan HS as a separate figure, but that's them milking the franchise.

Thanks for the great explanation. That all makes sense to me. however no matter what my opinion is this is a top tier collectable. Just not one for me.

4000501_press01-001.jpg

:goodpost:

Oh so that is why it is less doll like not because of the clothes but because the statue itself is sculpted into a pose a Hot Toys figure can not achieve.

So I finally know now why that is, I know Jaws has said it but thanks for the great and in depth explanation!

HM You :rock

I can see where your coming from Jaws in regards to a sculpted polystone statue would appear more complete when compared to a figure which has a multitude of different poses and its down to the owner of the figure to pose him correctly. There have been many times where you see these figures badly posed or have been aticulated in such a way that defies human science :lol so i totally respect your opinion bro...however, when these beautiful figures have been posed correctly then they do look killer. Saying that, i do think the PF pose is also very weak and could have come up with something better, but then how many times have we said that when Sideshow finally reveal a new piece! :exactly:

I agree with the point that bad posing can make a high-end figure look toylike whereas that same figure in the hands of someone more skilled and knowledgeable of human movement can look far more lifelike. Having said that there's not much you can do with the BD T-800 and keep it movie accurate. In the state that this figure depicts T-800 was lying down much of the time! The rest of the time he was only just keeping himself standing. Ideally you'd have a base with a rail to pose him leaning on; that or the chains.

This is not to say that this figure is actually flawless as far as its ability to be posed. As I said earlier you can't raise the shoulders so as to eliminate the excessive sloping. Instead you're stuck with raising his arm and having him hold the gun up which kind of addresses that problem. Not an accurate way to pose him though unless you have his arm raised for him to hold onto chains. I have no chains.
Also frustrating is that his arms stick out a bit. You can't pose them more flat against his body. The upper arms will always stick out a bit and all you can do is turn them and then bend the elbow in.

Back