ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the best mass production sculpt of Jack in this scale to date.

20110323_94d50fe491d96cd4dc0fNJYIr1vY8AS5.jpg

Perfect, no, but much better than anything HT's done so far.

His expression is way to sinister looking. Which isn't Jack Sparrow.

The good news is, with this, hopefully HT will elevate their game and deliver something equal or better. The Cannibal head is nice, but the more standard Jack's were just wrong in various ways, still looking to have a definitive Sparrow figure in my collection.

And I hope HT does better with the volume of hair on Jack, this EB one is perfect, HT always puts too much so if you look at him from the front it looks off.

That is the best mass production sculpt of Jack in this scale to date.

20110323_94d50fe491d96cd4dc0fNJYIr1vY8AS5.jpg

Perfect, no, but much better than anything HT's done so far.

i can't agree with you, i think the Hot Toys Cannibal smiling sculpt is far better then this guy..whoever he is.

A Disney pirate, man :wink1:

So what? A pirate is a pirate... they still loot, pillage, burn and sleep with whores... :lol

Look at the tussaud 1/1 format :D

999151.jpg

l_bf6fc5634b9789af41165eace33b26d9.jpg

That looks amazing!!

i can't agree with you, i think the Hot Toys Cannibal smiling sculpt is far better then this guy..whoever he is.

He's Captain Jack Sparrow mate...

Really blown away by the spectrum of opinions on this sculpt...

:panic:

Likeness isn't bad on the Cannibal smiling head, but the problem is just that, it's a smiling head. Jack isn't a character to be represented with a smile, a clever smirk is right for him. Xeno got it, maybe a bit too sinister, but EB even has a clear smirk and not a smile, Yulli dropped the ball in either not getting the smirk right or choosing a smile.

The best face for a Sparrow would be this.

Public-Enemies-poster.jpg

I think it looks fantastic although the fact it's an Ultimate Unison piece means overpriced and it'll be a letdown if it pops out like Luke. I like what I'm seeing but my breath isn't held for the final product

Wow that Enterbay Jack is awesome! Unless they are smiling Hot Toys sculpts all have emotionless expressions so I'm really impressed to see such a specific expression on this Enterbay one. It isn't a simple smile, but more of a maniacal one. It's really awesome.

To be honest, the Enterbay Jack looks amazing but how can they possibly expect to compete with Hot Toys DX? I know we haven't seen any pics yet but I just know for a fact HT's will be better, headsculpt or not but rather more accessories or backdrop (cause its DX)..

But perhaps the Enterbay version will be substantially lower in price than HT, but regardless HT will have my money. I have faith, just like I have faith in Indy!

If the EB-Medicom Luke is any indication of the price range on this, and I think it is, then HT should come out cheaper.

EB-Medi Luke is $300, which makes sense, a standard Medicom is like $200 alone and now your'e adding some of EB's quality to the mix.

I'd guess DX Jack will be similar to Indy at around $250.

Missed the boat on this conversation. Thank God he has facial expression beyond a blank slate.........That said, I don't know that is a Cap Jack expression but I haven't seen the new film to make a definite statement. The other item is the price tag. Jack rolls in with no accessories and UU Luke price tag, it is an easy pass. Overall color me intrigued.....

That'll be huge, if EB does a basic Jack at a $300 price tag and HT comes out with a well accessorized one for even $250, as long as it looks as good or better than the EB, the EB isn't going to sell very well I'd think, I don't get why EB would even make a figure that surely HT would do, especially this unison thing, basic Luke is very pricey, I can't imagine if the HT and EB Jack's were close enough, who'd pay more for less with EB over HT.

I think EB would have been better off doing Jack as a 1/4 scale, semi-posable figure. The competition would be the Sideshow PF, which is nice, but a total statue, EB with some posability in the body, eyes, and real hair and full costume would be different enough that it could still sell well. This 1/6 and HT's are going to be direct competition.

All things equal HT Dx Jack or Enterbay Jack, I'd definitely give EB consideration. Note I said all things equal (sculpt likeness, quality of clothing, accessories, price tag etc).

I already own a HT Sparrow. Given the option to have another Jack, I'd prefer one with an expression versus another glazed look. I cannot wait for more info to emerge on both fronts (HT & EB)

i agree with most that if this guy only comes with a sword and flintlock, HT will take it home b/c it's obviously going to come with many accessories, and PERS and this looks to have painted eyes

Would've been awesome if enterbay did Barbossa or Elizabeth in the pirate gear.

But, don't they only have the OST license? or do we know if they have the entire POTC license?

Back