English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we change the title to EPL Transfer NEWS?

Doesn't seem to be any chatter on the actual importnant things....the games.

I think the talk of ManU now being a second tier team is ridiculous. They still bolster a very quick attacking force. They score in a moment's notice.

Man City looked great offensively....but a bit lacking on the defensive end with their center backs left to fend for themselves after Zabaleta and Clichy attack the wings. I know they got a shut out...but a better team would take advantage of the huge gaps left in the back. Add to that the loss of Kompany and Nastasic and things could look dire.

Arsenal look to be playing un-inspired football at the moment. Aston Villa just wanted it more then they did and out hustled them.

Chelsea are gonna be right there till the end for the EPL trophy..so much talent...so much depth.

Liverpool looked ok. Nothing too good....nothing too bad. Be interesting to see how the team responds with Suarez

I think the talk of ManU now being a second tier team is ridiculous.

They still bolster a very quick attacking force. They score in a moment's notice.

Any team with players than can overpower them in the centre of midfield can and will beat them. There's already been numerous examples of that in recent seasons.

They'll still beat teams like Swansea more often than not but their immediate rivals in England and Europe have all strengthened whereas United, who're supposed to be one of the richest clubs in the world have bumbled around like idiots and done a whole lot of nothing.

Last edited:
Utd will struggle without new signings, not mid table struggle obviously but struggle to win the title. No matter how good a team is it needs freshening up. Barca have been the best club side I've ever seen but they strengthened every season because its essential.

Transfers are all part of the game so we are naturally going to talk about them. You look on all the football sites it's the same & while it gets closer & closer to the window shutting the more hectic it will get. It's all part of the fun.

With the w.end upon us now though there will be a lot of match talk

Any predictions for Utd-Chelsea match? I'm guessing a draw

The law of averages would say that United are due to get something from the game as Chelsea have had the better of the last few meetings.

But there's also this to consider,

Moyes has never beaten Mourinho.

If Rooney plays, there's a 99.9% chance he'll do something stupid on purpose in order to hasten his exit from the club.

Lukaku if he plays, can make mincemeat of United's paper thin midfield and creaky defence by himself. But he's got Mata, Hazard and others to help him.

United might get a draw, but they'll have to avoid any mistakes otherwise they'll be torn apart.

Last edited:
We will see soon enough
But a draw is due more than a loss for Manu

The law of averages would say that United are due to get something from the game as Chelsea have had the better of the last few meetings.

But there's also this to consider,

Moyes has never beaten Mourinho.

If Rooney plays, there's a 99.9% chance he'll do something stupid on purpose in order to hasten his exit from the club.

Lukaku if he plays, can make mincemeat of United's paper thin midfield and creaky defence by himself. But he's got Mata, Hazard and others to help him.

United might get a draw, but they'll have to avoid any mistakes otherwise they'll be torn apart.

I think a draw is likely but I wouldn't be surprised it Chelsea nip it from them either.

Enjoyed Arsenal's goals. Was great to see Podolski just run onto the ball and kick and likewise with his second one touch and kick. I always felt this was one of Arsenal's biggest problems. They just looked for the pass to often. Great goals you can see the benefits of the team staying together for a change but we are one or two injuries away from asking the U21's for players.

I don't know why Arsene likes to live on the edge. It's murder for us fans.

United deserved the victory in my opinion. 2 overlooked penalties saved Chelsea tonight. Welbeck played...well he played, Valencia played great until but Rooney was man of the match for me.

United deserved the victory in my opinion. 2 overlooked penalties saved Chelsea tonight. Welbeck played...well he played, Valencia played great but Rooney was man of the match for me.

United deserved the victory in my opinion. 2 overlooked penalties saved Chelsea tonight. Welbeck played...well he played, Valencia played great until but Rooney was man of the match for me.

Na I thought it was a fare result. None of them were pens imo. Both teams look strong. Chelsea need a quality forward. United need to sort Rooney out and for me, keep him. They do need to freshen it up a little tho.

If Bale does move, id be straight on the phone for Ozil and Di Maria.
them two with rooney and RVP would be pretty awesome.

After a bright start to the season Welbeck was back to normal....no suprise there then.

Valencia was so poor I actually cheered Ashley Young onto the field :lol

The lack of creativity from the centre midfield again stuck out like a sore thumb....Shinji Kagawa should be given his chance...he was Player Of The Year in the Bundesliga TWO YEARS RUNNING and you don't achieve that by playing like Carrick or Cleverley so why is he being left on the bench?

Wilfried Zaha looked good in pre-season, yet he's nowhere to be seen now the season has got underway.

United were lucky that Mata and Lukaku didn't play as if they had the result would have been a lot different.

Last edited:
After a bright start to the season Welbeck was back to normal....no suprise there then.

Valencia was so poor I actually cheered Ashley Young onto the field :lol

The lack of creativity from the centre midfield again stuck out like a sore thumb....Shinji Kagawa should be given his chance...he was Player Of The Year in the Bundesliga TWO YEARS RUNNING and you don't achieve that by playing like Carrick or Cleverley so why is he being left on the bench?

Wilfried Zaha looked good in pre-season, yet he's nowhere to be seen now the season has got underway.

United were lucky that Mata and Lukaku didn't play as if they had the result would have been a lot different.

Valenica played great and showed lots of determination. His delivery into the boss needs more help however...

If this was Rafa Benitez at the coaching dugout for Chelsea the fans would have screamed for his blood. So much for exciting football. Both teams played not to lose... the teams werent strong, they were simply not willing to risk it. Somehow Rooney was the only who showed some industry, maybe he wanted to prove a point to ManU as well as court Chelsea.
This shouldnt be the kind of game that two top clubs of one of the most vaunted leagues in the world should have.

Just really really unimaginative, lack of any initiative. The number of times both teams lost the ball in the midfield was appalling...

Jose was at it again, not playing Mata clearly showed his intentions, and as for ManU not having a midfielder like they had in Paul Scholes for so many years showed how much they need a midfield general.

Better to watch Swansea, Liverpool and Arsenal than this... better to have lost having tried to win, than draw without trying to do anything.

Valenica played great and showed lots of determination. His delivery into the boss needs more help however...

Every time he went on a run in the opposing half he either lost his nerve and passed it backwards or made a mess of the cross.

He's been doing nothing else for 2 years and should be written off as a lost cause.

Showing determination doesn't mean a damn thing if there's no end product.

Every time he went on a run in the opposing half he either lost his nerve and passed it backwards or made a mess of the cross.

He's been doing nothing else for 2 years and should be written off as a lost cause.

Showing determination doesn't mean a damn thing if there's no end product.

Id have to agree. I know you hate him but I prefer Nani. Atleast he has something about him and is a bit more unpredictable and has a goal .

Back