English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlike his predecessor I think van Gaal can get United moving in the right direction again.

His track record is very good, and he has a coherent football philosophy. He just lacks enough decent players in certain positions.

Di Maria is second only to Messi for assists in the last 3 years of La Liga. You only have to look at the Sunderland game to see how badly United need a player who can unlock defences like that.

If he can link up well with the likes of Mata, Rooney and RVP then more goals will come and he could also help persuade other big names that United are still worth signing for despite being in a rough patch.

Once Shaw and Rojo are available they should help plug some of the gaps in the defence although I still think Daley Blind and another centre back wouldn't go amiss.

The biggest problem is still the lack of a midfield battler.

If Kevin Strootman is the long term target then Nigel de Jong will do for now and if Chicharito is used as bait a swap deal might be doable as Milan need a new striker.

I think a few more will arrive this week. I actually forgot they had rojo and blind would be a great addition. De Jong too. Im surprised City sold him for 7m when they did. With the players they already have and LVG managing them with no european distraction, I can really see them at least pushing for 4th.
di Maria is quality and Man U need quality out wide regardless of the price.

A lot of talk of welbeck coming to us :/ Not sure how I feel about that lol. If that happens, I can see Hernandez staying to at least Jan.

Giroud out with suspected broken foot :( Sanogo injured aswell I wonder what Arsene has up his sleeve for the second leg and the rest of the season in fact? What are we down 5 players already??

I think a few more will arrive this week. I actually forgot they had rojo and blind would be a great addition. De Jong too. Im surprised City sold him for 7m when they did. With the players they already have and LVG managing them with no european distraction, I can really see them at least pushing for 4th.
di Maria is quality and Man U need quality out wide regardless of the price.

A lot of talk of welbeck coming to us :/ Not sure how I feel about that lol. If that happens, I can see Hernandez staying to at least Jan.

After van Gaal namedropped Vidal twice in his post match interview after the Sunderland game the papers have started speculating about a late bid of £30-35 million plus Chicharito.

If it were to happen, I think Welbeck might still leave because there's an 18 year old striker on the books called James Wilson who could be given a chance. He played in one of the games at the end of last season when Giggs was in charge and scored twice on his senior debut and has a solid scoring record in the various youth teams.

I've also seen speculation that Arsenal, Everton and Galatasaray might be intrested in Welbeck so Spurs may dodge a bullet :lol

It's actually done. Praise the lord!

Bv-_8prCUAAzFvB.jpg

After van Gaal namedropped Vidal twice in his post match interview after the Sunderland game the papers have started speculating about a late bid of £30-35 million plus Chicharito.

If it were to happen, I think Welbeck might still leave because there's an 18 year old striker on the books called James Wilson who could be given a chance. He played in one of the games at the end of last season when Giggs was in charge and scored twice on his senior debut and has a solid scoring record in the various youth teams.

I've also seen speculation that Arsenal, Everton and Galatasaray might be intrested in Welbeck so Spurs may dodge a bullet :lol

Vidal would be an awesome addition. I think it may be to late tho. As for Welbeck, id like to think he may go on , given the chance, do what sturridge has done for Pool.
Anyway, im going to go feed my pig, wash him and ready him for flight :/

Even bigger news, Dawson signs for hull for around 4m.

Been a great leader for us past 9 years. Good luck fella.

1-0 to the MK Dons at half time.

Johnny Evans perfectly demonstrated United's defensive frailty by gifting MK a chance which they took.

In addition to some of the kids the likes of Anderson and Welbeck are in the team and they're doing about as well as usual. Sir Bobby Charlton would pose more of a threat and he's 76.

There's also a guy at right back called Saidy Janko who's a Valencia clone as he keeps crossing it into the nearest defender :pfft:

Ed Woodward may be feeling pleased with himself for getting a big deal done but on this 45 minutes he's gonna need to get pretty damn busy before the window closes.

Good lord this is a fun game to watch. Can they get 5 goals? :lol

And people seriously expect united to challenge for the top three? I'd take a piece of that bet.

4-0 to a fully deserving MK Dons.

United only had a couple of regulars playing but it's still no excuse.

At this rate I expect Ryan Giggs will be readying the knife to stab van Gaal in the back before we get to the end of September.

Some guy named Loui VG just hired me to fly a plane above Manchester. Apparently I will have a sign attached saying "van Gaal out please"

Wonder if and when united fans are going to threaten his family with death like they did to moyes.

I don't see much fixture congestion in united's future.

Good thing they bought di maria. He's going to help that back line immensely.

Back