English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets just say when Ronaldo was asked asked about Bale joining Madrid he wasn't being very positive about it. Bale's on 300K a week at Madrid, more than Ronaldo right now, he will not be happy about that

Im not sure I buy it. Yeah he'd be pi55ed with the record fee but to have someone come in who basically idolises him and keeps reminding him he is the best in the world just makes me think ronaldo will revel in it.

Once he gets a pay rise ofcourse :lol

Maybe in his last few years as RVP aside most of Fergie's signings in the Glazer era were poor or in the case of Kagawa and Hernandez, never given a proper chance.

But before that when he was allowed to spend what he liked?

No chance.

Fellaini is no different to the 6-7 other deadbeats already stinking up the squad....he doesn't belong in a United shirt.

There isnt a United player in his mould that can lase his boots.
Yea United needed more but they are the champions and have just added a very good player. He's a beast and United will be harder to beat. He's also a goal threat.

God I really do feel sorry for Newcastle fans. Bring a director of football in who is an unstable clown needing care, upsets everyone including the manager and was meant to bring players in. They bring 1 player in on loan who has struggled with injury in France and here. There best player basically didn't want to play for them and has to put the shirt back on and play and they spend no money.
What a joke. Seems like allot of ill feeling tension building and could be a looong season.
They have some of the best fans and deserve better than this.

There isnt a United player in his mould that can lase his boots.
Yea United needed more but they are the champions and have just added a very good player. He's a beast and United will be harder to beat. He's also a goal threat.

As the current champions and one of the richest clubs on the planet they should have been going for the very best.

Fellaini seems to have been about 4th or 5th choice and they almost screwed up getting him.

Last edited:
God I really do feel sorry for Newcastle fans. Bring a director of football in who is an unstable clown needing care, upsets everyone including the manager and was meant to bring players in. They bring 1 player in on loan who has struggled with injury in France and here. There best player basically didn't want to play for them and has to put the shirt back on and play and they spend no money.
What a joke. Seems like allot of ill feeling tension building and could be a looong season.
They have some of the best fans and deserve better than this.

:goodpost::exactly: What a farce they are becoming. My best friend is a Newcastle fan and he doesn't even talk about them anymore. Sad state of affairs :( I'd don't know what Ashley was smoking when he hired Kinnear :cuckoo:

Now all the dust has settled from the summer transfer madness the sheer scale of United's incompetence is really becoming apparent.

In addition to the already documented screwups the following also happened,

Galatasaray's sporting director has said United made an indirect offer for Wesley Sneijder two weeks ago.

Real Madrid's Sami Khedira has confirmed that he turned down a move to Old Trafford.

And in the ultimate kick in the teeth, it's emerged that Mesut Ozil was apparently offered to United around the same time as Sneijder but they declined, only to make a very late attempt at hijacking the Arsenal move, by which time he'd already agreed terms with the Gunners.

My question now is "Why is Edward Woodward still in a job?

United's most important transfer window in a quarter of a century and he made such a mess of it that even the likes of Everton came out of it looking more astute.

If he had any dignity he'd go round the back of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand and blow whatever's between his ears out....it's clearly not a brain.

In some ways I agree with what Jamie Redknapp had to say on the matter.

He was surprised that Arsenal went for Ozil and Man Utd went for Fellaini. He thought it should have been the other way around given their needs.

Last edited:
In some ways I agree with what Jamie Redknapp had to say on the matter.

He was surprised that Arsenal went for Ozil and Man Utd went for Fellaini. He thought it should have been the other way around given the their needs.

Arsenal outdo United in the transfer market and Jamie Redknapp talks some sense....the world has officially gone mad! :lol

The Daily Star is trying to stir the pot and suggest RVP isn't happy with the new regime,
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/336543/Robin-van-Persie-and-David-Moyes-hit-skids

Given that rag's reputation it's 99.9% likely to be BS but the way United are now I wouldn't be suprised if it was legit.

My heart bleeds for RVP :lol

His lack of loyalty towards Arsenal is nothing short of a disgrace. He gave them one amazing season, then went glory hunting.

He practically spent his full tenure at Arsenal on the physio bench. His appearance statistics really was shocking. I have no sympathy for him.

His lack of loyalty towards Arsenal is nothing short of a disgrace. He gave them one amazing season, then went glory hunting.

He practically spent his full tenure at Arsenal on the physio bench. His appearance statistics really was shocking. I have no sympathy for him.

If someone offered you a job with a higher salary and better prospects would you turn it down?

Like Ashley Cole before him he felt that Arsenal wasn't where he wanted to stay so when he got a better offer he went for it.

He just never reckoned on Ferguson retiring so soon into his United stint and the club hiring a loser like Moyes as his successor.

Although that story about RVP being disgruntled is almost certainly BS I think he should get out ASAP, just as Rooney, Kagawa, Hernandez and maybe a couple of others should.

Players of that ability are wasted on a manager like Moyes as he doesn't know how to utilise them correctly.

Last edited:
If someone offered you a job with a higher salary and better prospects would you turn it down?

Like Ashley Cole before him he felt that Arsenal wasn't where he wanted to stay so when he got a better offer he went for it.

He just never reckoned on Ferguson retiring so soon into his United stint and the club hiring a loser like Moyes as his successor.

Although that story about RVP being disgruntled is almost certainly BS I think he should get out ASAP, just as Rooney, Kagawa, Hernandez and maybe a couple of others should.

Players of that ability are wasted on a manager like Moyes as he doesn't know how to utilise them correctly.

There is a huge difference. I never for one moment blamed or held a grudge against AC for moving on. He was a good, long time servant for Arsenal and he needed better wages and a different challenge. I get that, and fair play to him.

RVP is a completely different kettle of fish for me. He was not a good servant for Arsenal. As I said earlier, he was a physio bench warmer until his last season. Some degree of loyalty and repayment was due in my opinion. I am far from bitter about it, just massively disappointed considering what Arsenal did for him.

There is a huge difference. I never for one moment blamed or held a grudge against AC for moving on. He was a good, long time servant for Arsenal and he needed better wages and a different challenge. I get that, and fair play to him.

RVP is a completely different kettle of fish for me. He was not a good servant for Arsenal. As I said earlier, he was a physio bench warmer until his last season. Some degree of loyalty and repayment was due in my opinion. I am far from bitter about it, just massively disappointed considering what Arsenal did for him.

I get where you're coming from, but sadly player loyalty to anything other than money is all but dead.

Slightly disappointing to just learn that Ozil was desperately holding out for Man Utd to come in for him. I am sure he will be committed to the Arsenal cause, just not nice to hear.

Slightly disappointing to just learn that Ozil was desperately holding out for Man Utd to come in for him. I am sure he will be committed to the Arsenal cause, just not nice to hear.

As much as I wanted him at United he's probably better off at the Emirates.

Arsenal are still a few players short of challenging for the title but they do try to play nice football, so his talents should get utilised properly.

Moyes signing of Fellaini shows that he's got no intent in giving Shinji Kagawa a proper chance and instead wants to play the same negative defensive style he did with Everton.

That's never been the United way and if he thinks it is, then he's not destined to last very long.

EDIT
His legs went a few years ago, now Rio Ferdinand's mind is going,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-believe-weve-got-rio-193209445.html

Last edited:
My heart bleeds for RVP :lol

I must admit I've never been bothered about a player leaving Arsenal. No matter who you support, players leave. Henry, Fabregas, Vieria fair enough they served us well & went abroad. Adebayor I never rated him, thanks for money. Nasri easily replaceable & we got a better player in Carzorla but RVP. Arsenal stood behind him for ages. Every season you knew he was an amazing player but like Diaby you were just waiting to see him hobble off & hear that he's out for the rest of the season & then he has one full season & goes to Utd. If he went to Juve I think most Arsenal supporters could of taken that but to go to Utd was a big kick in the teeth.

I didn't realise the FA got a new chairman but he already seems extremely deluded. Maybe it was me but in his press conference he sounded so amateur

I must admit I've never been bothered about a player leaving Arsenal. No matter who you support, players leave. Henry, Fabregas, Vieria fair enough they served us well & went abroad. Adebayor I never rated him, thanks for money. Nasri easily replaceable & we got a better player in Carzorla but RVP. Arsenal stood behind him for ages. Every season you knew he was an amazing player but like Diaby you were just waiting to see him hobble off & hear that he's out for the rest of the season & then he has one full season & goes to Utd. If he went to Juve I think most Arsenal supporters could of taken that but to go to Utd was a big kick in the teeth.

Spot on! I agree with that totally.

I was a little p***ed with Nasri as well to be honest with you. Again, he was another poor starter but Arsenal really stood by him and gave him a chance to shine. It seemed like as soon as that happened he ran for the exit door.

Spot on! I agree with that totally.

I was a little p***ed with Nasri as well to be honest with you. Again, he was another poor starter but Arsenal really stood by him and gave him a chance to shine. It seemed like as soon as that happened he ran for the exit door.

I think Nasri was a blessing in disguise. He was ok at 1st but then he had that great season. It did annoy me a bit the way he left but he's not been that good for City so I can let it go :lol

& if he stayed we probably wouldn't of eventually got Carzorla. I may sound biased here but I think he would of been a much better player today if he stayed with us though.

I call this BS personally but this is the story going around everywhere right now. Betrayed Spurs chief Levy 'asked Real Madrid to pull the plug on Ozil's £42.5m move to rivals Arsenal' but if it is true I can more than understand Levy's frustrations personally.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-block-Mesut-Ozils-Arsenal.html#ixzz2dyCScuAZ

Back