Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amazing pictures tnaig! So about the nameplate, can you explain again what you meant by the varnish? is the nameplate shinier than the rest of the bust, or vice versa? Thanks.

has anybody got one of these on order with plasmainfusion still ?.
I sent him an email 2 or 3 days ago and haven't had a reply yet. Just wondering if hes away or something ?.
I paid for an endoskull a few months ago and am waiting for plasmainfusion to get them in stock.

amazing pictures tnaig! So about the nameplate, can you explain again what you meant by the varnish? is the nameplate shinier than the rest of the bust, or vice versa? Thanks.

I believe SS applies a layer of sealant of some sort to the bust hence why the cleaned Combat busts looks more shiny than the clean one.

Cleaning the namplate means not cleaning the area where the words are. The area surrounding the words will therefore be somewhat shinnier than the words area itself. Something like matt vs gloss.

its not that apparent in the pics but if you go really close or look at an angle with light reflection you will see the difference.

I'm a little OCD so i actually tried to remove that area by lightly going over the area with a cotton bud.

It worked but some of the letters smudged a little, had to clean it up a little.

If i could go back in time, i might not take the same route and might just leave the name plate be.

Good luck,
James.

Congrats tnaig001! The cleaned bust looks awesome!

has anybody got one of these on order with plasmainfusion still ?.
I sent him an email 2 or 3 days ago and haven't had a reply yet. Just wondering if hes away or something ?.
I paid for an endoskull a few months ago and am waiting for plasmainfusion to get them in stock.

I never had any problems with Plasma Infusion, Bill was great every time. You should try and contact him again. I was also waiting for him to be sure when getting the busts in stock, he needed the answers from his distributors.

Besides that look at Toy Palace and their estimate arrival date for the SS Endo bust: 30.June.2009. so this could happen to Plasma Infusion as well. Anyway good luck in getting the bust, it rocks! :)

has anyone thought that cleaning their bd bust could lead to problems in the future i guess ss laquer it for a reason?

P1010389.jpg

thanks! very helpful.

I believe SS applies a layer of sealant of some sort to the bust hence why the cleaned Combat busts looks more shiny than the clean one.

Cleaning the namplate means not cleaning the area where the words are. The area surrounding the words will therefore be somewhat shinnier than the words area itself. Something like matt vs gloss.

its not that apparent in the pics but if you go really close or look at an angle with light reflection you will see the difference.

I'm a little OCD so i actually tried to remove that area by lightly going over the area with a cotton bud.

It worked but some of the letters smudged a little, had to clean it up a little.

If i could go back in time, i might not take the same route and might just leave the name plate be.

Good luck,
James.

Good luck,
James.

great clean-up job tnaig, esp the nameplate! now i'm not so nervous about rubbing off the letters after seeing your handiwork...

great clean-up job tnaig, esp the nameplate! now i'm not so nervous about rubbing off the letters after seeing your handiwork...

Would advise against it m8. I die smudge a letter or two. Managed to clean it up but u can see it if u really go up close and look. We can always do a swop if u come visit Singapore. After all you're in Malaysia just a few clicks away :)

Would advise against it m8. I die smudge a letter or two. Managed to clean it up but u can see it if u really go up close and look. We can always do a swop if u come visit Singapore. After all you're in Malaysia just a few clicks away :)

unfortunately, i don't think i hv a choice, bro. u see, my nameplate is covered in black "battle damage" paint everywhere, INCLUDING the lettering! :banghead so it's hard to even read the words.

and uhhh, what "swop" are u talkin about? u mean exchange endoskulls? not sure why u'd wanna do that. actually i'm pretty happy with my combat version, it's just the nameplate that needs cleaning up...

but thanks for the offer :D

I'm surprised nobody posted pics of the mini endo that comes with the new T2 Skynet Edition LE package that came out yesterday.

unfortunately, i don't think i hv a choice, bro. u see, my nameplate is covered in black "battle damage" paint everywhere, INCLUDING the lettering! :banghead so it's hard to even read the words.

and uhhh, what "swop" are u talkin about? u mean exchange endoskulls? not sure why u'd wanna do that. actually i'm pretty happy with my combat version, it's just the nameplate that needs cleaning up...

but thanks for the offer :D

If the paint is everywhere defin do not do it. The cleaned parts will contrast too much with the parts u can't reach without taking out the lettering.

Back