Endoskeleton 1:1 Bust Cleaning Tips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rad0324

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally got a 1:1 Combat Endo from Sideshow. I want to clean it. What product works best. Ive seen people say nail polish remover but is that the best solution? When I say best I mean ease of cleaning and something that wont damage the bust. Also how do you get the black paint out of the small areas and cracks? Do you just leave it or use something like a tooth brush? Will a brush damage the chrome? A soft cloth works great on the large surface areas, but what about the hard to reach areas like in between the spinal column etc.

I guess people used non-acetone nail polish remover. BTW be sure you know what you are doing you might find some damages under the weathering and then you'll be sorry you cleaned it. Personally I like the combat Endo as it is.

I used makeup removal pads and non acetone nail polish remover. The chrome on mine is perfect and it looks amazing cleaned. I left some of the black paint in the crevices and I didn't go too close to the eyes. The nail polish will mess up the red plastic lenses. It took a few hours of work to clean mine.

pad.jpg

Yep.. Non acetone it is... And there's a reason they've been "battle damaged" you'll probably find some issues in the chroming....

As everyone else mentioned, non-acetone remover is your friend. Get some makeup remover pads and plenty of q tips. Also, once it is cleaned, you will want to wipe down with a damp cloth to remove residue, and if you really want it to bling, pick up some chrome polish and go to town. Here are the potential results. Oh, and yes, I cleaned the faceplate...if you go that route you need to have a steady hand....

Thanks for the tips guys. Your bust looks great Furious1. My cleaning is well under way. I have pretty much finished the entire head. The spine and base is next. I noticed a little bit of damage to the chrome in some spots after removing the "battle damage" I cant tell from the pictures furious1 but did you remove all the paint in the grooves in the middle forehead above his brows if you know what I mean? I've removed most but its really wedged in there. Its hard to get even with q-tips. I think if I spend more time on it eventually I will get it all, but this is quite the process or I could leave it as I have the hot toys 1:4 endo and that one has some black paint in the grooves. I think Ill leave the nameplate as I dont want to risk messing it up, but I once saw a custom Cyberdyne nameplate on ebay which I thought was really cool. Cant find any now but maybe I can get a sticker or something if I decide to change it.

Is there anyway to touch up some of the minor chrome damage? Im thinking if I spray some chrom paint on a plastic lid then soak up some of the paint on a brush I can do minor touch ups. Maybe the chrome paint used for model cars would work?

I left the crevices alone, the light washed them out in the pics. You'll want that contrast, so leave the black in there. Also, "chrome" paint doesn't work...chrome is a plating, and it cannot be replicated by paint. You would be better getting chrome vinyl and cutting and placing it over bad spots.

Back