Emma Frost Hellfire Club Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to pick up a second EX for conversion if anyone has one at non-ebay prices. Looking to stay close to retail.

still can't believe it, just tells you people will buy anything. The anatomy proportions are completely off, the head is so big. It's like a barbie doll in emma frost clothing. /facepalm
Well this is based on an imaginary person in an imaginary world where there is mutants, aliens and alternate dimensions.

still can't believe it, just tells you people will buy anything. The anatomy proportions are completely off, the head is so big. It's like a barbie doll in emma frost clothing. /facepalm

I gotta say with that sort of thought process, im guessing you own zero comic based female statues then right? Because, I hate to break it to ya, every statue I have seen of a female is completely idealized female proportions that don't exist in real life...just saying. Oh, I sculpt anatomy all day everyday at work and while the statue IS thin, her proportions look fine to me. I am also surrounded by fellow character artists who have seen Emma and none of them have commented on her proportions being inaccurate.

Well, the last few Emmas have had similar eyes to mine so i asked for a small refund instead of full on returning her. I really love how she turned out for the most part so no way i was gonna return her. SSC gave me a $40 credit so I'm happy with that. Gotta figure out a way to display her with my other xmen!

Got my regular Emma Frost today and I love it. Only thing I would change is probably the position of her right foot and where it's pointing but no doubt she's smokin hot. No googly eyes so that's definitely a plus, give it an 8.5/10 (.5 for getting #1!). Would've been 9/10 with a goblet.

O80iUD.jpg

00TGHQ.jpg

OMqcud.jpg

lFIJJb.jpg

OWMLVY.jpg

uqAAlT.jpg

Z3Pwmm.jpg

qWY5Bp.jpg

nPJbEc.jpg

l6WojW.jpg

Ex #761
Finally got back from business trip to unbox and set this beauty up. A tiny chip on base and very slight wonky eyes on reg head and ex head, but i think overal very good. Shout out to VS1976 for the cheval mirror idea. Found one at my local Home Goods store for $20. might paint it with accents. I personally find the rope/string SS used on her bodice and cape to be a little too thick so I will buy thinner white string and relace the bodice.

Ex #761
Finally got back from business trip to unbox and set this beauty up. A tiny chip on base and very slight wonky eyes on reg head and ex head, but i think overal very good. Shout out to VS1976 for the cheval mirror idea. Found one at my local Home Goods store for $20. might paint it with accents. I personally find the rope/string SS used on her bodice and cape to be a little too thick so I will buy thinner white string and relace the bodice.

Got darn that looks freaking fantastic with that mirror! I am totally going to steal that Idea if I can find a similar one.

The mirror is a damn good idea! DaBears, are you gonna ask for a base replacement? I had several flaws on my first Emma which included a chip on the base and I had to return the whole piece. Fortunately my replacement was much better overall but if you got a great regular head, its tough to send it back.

I gotta say with that sort of thought process, im guessing you own zero comic based female statues then right? Because, I hate to break it to ya, every statue I have seen of a female is completely idealized female proportions that don't exist in real life...just saying. Oh, I sculpt anatomy all day everyday at work and while the statue IS thin, her proportions look fine to me. I am also surrounded by fellow character artists who have seen Emma and none of them have commented on her proportions being inaccurate.

There's probably a different threshold of "it's a comic book character" for different people, and how they see different characters. I personally would never claim Emma's proportions to be "inaccurate" from a comic perspective...

So the White Queen finally arrived today, my first premium format ever :)

Very happy how the heads came out, can't tell if the eyes are off or not.

But here the flaws: crappy blue shading, small paint scrape on the base, and there is paint chip on her boot :mad:

1.jpg
2.jpg

That sucks. I got a regular last week and I looked at it very closely and it was done very well. Contact SS I am sure they will give you credit for it, but don't expect a a whole new statue and base cause they probably have none to give you.

That sucks. I got a regular last week and I looked at it very closely and it was done very well. Contact SS I am sure they will give you credit for it, but don't expect a a whole new statue and base cause they probably have none to give you.

Yea if they ask me to send the whole thing back then I will probably say no....I'm pretty happy with the heads which is the most important to me so don't want to risk it for a crappier replacement. I guess the chipped heel doesn't really bother me that much.

Sucks big fat ballz!!! The rest of the statue is nearly perfect. I know I should contact ssc about a possible rma but I really don't want too. It's never pleasant dealing with their returns department- reminds me of getting teeth pulled.

I think the worst part is sending it back, and HOPING you get one that's better than your last.

Everything else would be passable for me but that scratch on her ribs would have me sending her back. I know it sucks but sometimes you do get a better one and that is a really nice feeling.

Back