Elvis1976 STAR WARS custom's • Mandalorian Ahsoka Tano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my Dengar head, I think its the Soldier Story one.

The sculpt is perfect for ol Diaper head.

pa2y2apy.jpg

Re: ELVIS1976 - SW custom's - Mythos Fett - Sandtrooper WIP - Dengar WIP

Welp, that's it... Been meaning to tear apart and redo my Dengar backpack anyway, :lol

Great stuff, Seb. I always wondered why you never tried your hand at a few SW figures. Boba, the Sandtrooper and Dengar all look fantastic.

Re: ELVIS1976 - SW custom's - Mythos Fett - Sandtrooper WIP - Dengar(new pics)

seb................you changed your backpack around huh?
IMG_1028_zps5aa2ac3a.jpg

Yes I changed it a bit but i will but the chain back in. I wanted something a bit bulkier.

Seb, what base body are you using for Dengar? A TT? I have mine on a Pro due to the bulk of the outfit but the backpack is so damn heavy it can fold the figure backwards from the weight.

Also, what are you using to achieve that rusty look on the pack and armor? Just a dark tan layerd over a slughtly lighter color?

Also, I know it’s your own interpretation but Dengar’s head wraps are a little bulkier, almost like a turban, instead of just a basic bandage wrap. Just my opinion, of course, but I think a little more bulk up top could really make this an off the charts piece.

Dengar.jpg

He is on a narrow shoulder true type. He stand just fine. THe backpack I made isn't that heavy so the balance is actually quiet perfect.

FOr the head wraps I wanted to make it less turban but a bit more like a hood. I think it looks a bit less ridiculous and take away that diaper look he has. If that makes sense.

BUT I will try to add more bulk at the top to see how it looks.

Diaper head never looked better, great job Seb. That really is the perfect sculpt for him.

He is on a narrow shoulder true type. He stand just fine. THe backpack I made isn't that heavy so the balance is actually quiet perfect.

FOr the head wraps I wanted to make it less turban but a bit more like a hood. I think it looks a bit less ridiculous and take away that diaper look he has. If that makes sense.

BUT I will try to add more bulk at the top to see how it looks.

The way you have it looks more along the lines of his look in ROTJ, though he's barely seen.

dengarrotj2.jpg

He has more of a Boba Fett blaster, no bandages but a hood and Stormtrooper chest armor on his back instead of a backpack.

Is that a light metalic drybrushing you have on the armor?

Gonna swap mine over to a NSTT and rework the pack. Thanks for the inspiration, Seb! Looking forward to seeing more.

Some more progress on my Mythos Fett.
Everything is form the marmit except the vest which is from SSC. Everything has been weathered to hell.

P1070784_zps8666be51.jpg

P1070787_zps94540b65.jpg

P1070788_zps615f416d.jpg

P1070790_zps9a83792e.jpg

First pics of my Mythos Obi-wan.
I will use the alec mc guiness head (the real obi-wan) and will resculpt the hair to be a but fuller and longer.

The backpack isn't finished I'm working on the pieces of armour.

P1070793_zps5b818cc3.jpg

P1070794_zps298babf4.jpg

P1070797_zpsab2ca93e.jpg

and here's the begin of the Mythos Maul.

The body isn't painted but is dye. That way I don't have to worry about paint rub on the red and in the joints.

But that must say that I couldn't make any mistake on the tat's.
It was a real pain in the *** and I try my best to make a nice symmetry.

P1070798_zps851ade34.jpg

Re: ELVIS1976 - SW custom's - Dengar - Mythos Boba Fett•Obi-wan•Darth Maul

:bow :bow

All 3 of these look amazing, can't wait to see these finished.

The mythos characters are so well suited to your style of realistic weathering. I always say your weathering disguises the scale. Looks 1:1 so often. Mythos Ben is already looking insane.

Give me that Maul body. Yes. Give it to me. Now.

:thud: WOW, your work is just stunning!

Can't wait to see them finished!

Excellent work on Maul, just out of interest what did you use to dye the body, looking at doing a similar thing for another sith I have plans for.

Excellent work on Maul, just out of interest what did you use to dye the body, looking at doing a similar thing for another sith I have plans for.

:)

I use Dylon dye. DOn't know if it works better than the other but that is the one i'm using.

First you have to disassemble the body completely. You need to remove the vinyl toros, mid section, biceps, forearms and hands pegs.

If you don't do this you will end up with parts of the body that are not completely dye.

Boild some water and add the dye and a bit of acetone. 3 cup of coffee.

Put the body parts in there and leave them for 30 min approx.

Remove, let it dry.

View attachment 63056View attachment 63057View attachment 63058
Since I've had it I burnt the robe to match what seb did with the costume and added a ANH vader saber
I like to think of this as if Anakin won the battle on Mustafaar. I've toyed with putting the robotic arm on him but then he couldn't hold the lightsaber

That looks familiar. :lol How you been buddy?

All looking stunning. Lovin the updates

beautiful work seb. insane detailing...:thud:

THanks a lot guys. I haven't had so much fun doin custom since a long time. SW universe is so big and rich that I can unleash everything I have in mind.

Back