elvis1976 GI-Joe customs : Camo STORM SHADOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Take on some Gi-joe and Cobra

Do u have a pic BM?

I'll try not to ruin Seb's wonderful thread with my blunders, but here he is (not finished either):

dsc01511w.jpg

dsc01512k.jpg

I used a Cobra Officer uniform for his outfit. I dyed it brown originally but since it was Navy blue to begin with, it just looked near-black. So I used dye remover for less than 1 minute and it turned a bright ORANGE! Then another dip on brown dye and it came out like this, Cobra decals intact (though slightly faded).

I like it BM, head that I'm sculpting is going to be similar :rock

I made him a lil meaner though, with a frown, I always picture Bludd being angry.

Good job bro.

I'll try not to ruin Seb's wonderful thread with my blunders, but here he is (not finished either):

dsc01511w.jpg

dsc01512k.jpg

I used a Cobra Officer uniform for his outfit. I dyed it brown originally but since it was Navy blue to begin with, it just looked near-black. So I used dye remover for less than 1 minute and it turned a bright ORANGE! Then another dip on brown dye and it came out like this, Cobra decals intact (though slightly faded).

Looks great. But with that forearm, he can pick his toes without even bending over. You should see if you can find an Ultimate Vader Hasbro arm. It's a lot shorter.

Looks great. But with that forearm, he can pick his toes without even bending over. You should see if you can find an Ultimate Vader Hasbro arm. It's a lot shorter.

Its pretty stubby looking though, plus its not as detailed. Its a little long yeah, but I think its OK, especially when the arm is bent. When its down at his side, it does look too long then.

By the way, does anyone think we should just open a General GI Joe custom thread? Besides Seb here, most of us aren't cranking out a figure a week, but we still want to show off what we do have. So 1 or 2 figures might not really need their own thread, so how about just 1 big thread for any non-Seb customs (you could repost them there too though Seb!)? Kind of like the Firefly thread, but not limited to just one character.

Its pretty stubby looking though, plus its not as detailed. Its a little long yeah, but I think its OK, especially when the arm is bent. When its down at his side, it does look too long then.

By the way, does anyone think we should just open a General GI Joe custom thread? Besides Seb here, most of us aren't cranking out a figure a week, but we still want to show off what we do have. So 1 or 2 figures might not really need their own thread, so how about just 1 big thread for any non-Seb customs (you could repost them there too though Seb!)? Kind of like the Firefly thread, but not limited to just one character.

I dunno. I'd almost rather have it done by characters. I loved our Destro thread until Elvis came in and took a big ol' turd on it! :tap:p

Yeah, Seb kind of ruins anyone else's versions of figures. :lol

But that is a good thing. I'd rather feel bad about my attempts than never see what he comes up with :drool

This is weird how we got our own universe, I got my Jedis/Siths and you got your Joes/Cobra.
Same way to conceive our hobby for 2 differents collection !
No StormShadow by the way...

Yes that's funny you said that because now that i bash some cobra i have the smae kind of artistic freedom you also have on your custom mando. This is all about fun!

Storm Shadow will come that's for sure!

Very nice job on the customs. Zartan looks pretty sweet for sure.

Back