[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elvis1976 custom's•MYTHOS OBI WAN•BIKER SCOUT•CHEWBACCA•HAN SOLO

Chewie looks amazing, Seb! Are you still planning to repaint the lips? I think his 'stache' could also use some evening out, the left side is looking a little thin.

I'm not sure the body on Han is the problem, so much as the size of the sculpt. It's on the small side, so it's giving the appearance that the shoulders are too broad when they really aren't. Either way, best 1/6 Han to date, imo. :rock

Yeah, I think that Solo might look better with a larger head (I guess the Entercom head is too small and the Sideshow one is too big?), but it looks excellent as-is.

That sculpt looks proportionate to me.

Chewie looks amazing, Seb! Are you still planning to repaint the lips? I think his 'stache' could also use some evening out, the left side is looking a little thin.

I'm not sure the body on Han is the problem, so much as the size of the sculpt. It's on the small side, so it's giving the appearance that the shoulders are too broad when they really aren't. Either way, best 1/6 Han to date, imo. :rock

Well once again it seems that it's a lens problem.
In hand the sculpt is the perfect size.

I tried a Blitzway and he looked way to thin.

As for Chewie he is still a work in progress.
I have a lot to retouch to do on his face. Likse his stache, lips and the colour of the fur.:)

That makes sense about Han, photos often fail...

As for Chewie he is still a work in progress.
I have a lot to retouch to do on his face. Likse his stache, lips and the colour of the fur.:)

:wink1: :rock

LOL. Forgive me Seb, you know I love your work... BUT im not sure I buy the looks better in hand argument. I hope I look better in hand to the girls on my facebook list. LOL

I mean that in general tho... I hear 'Looks better in hand' get thrown around a lot and I find (as a photographer of figures) that the opposite is more likely truer. I can make a mediocre figure look great but give me a great figure and the pictures are never bad.

LOL. Forgive me Seb, you know I love your work... BUT im not sure I buy the looks better in hand argument. I hope I look better in hand to the girls on my facebook list. LOL

I mean that in general tho... I hear 'Looks better in hand' get thrown around a lot and I find (as a photographer of figures) that the opposite is more likely truer. I can make a mediocre figure look great but give me a great figure and the pictures are never bad.

:lol:lol trust me on this one and you know i'm not sayin' that often.

Hey I listened to your advice on the chewie forhead see and you were right.

I will still try some slim arms on han and see how it looks.:)

And tbh i'm a poor photographer, I would love to take some really better pics but hey you cannot do everything.

Yeah, you have better than average photography skills, Omar. :lol Now I'm not saying Seb's pictures are bad, but you can't argue that many a fine figure has been made to look like garbage at the hands of the...amateur photographer.

More than anything I think the Han sculpt is just a bit too old for ANH. Great Ford likeness... but more specific to ROTJ or maybe could be used for ESB.

Still the rest looks great :rock

Re: Elvis1976 custom's•STARKILLER•MYTHOS OBI WAN•BIKER SCOUT•CHEWBACCA

Back from Holiday.

Some progress on Chewie.
Hands are done and I reduced the size of his forehead. Looks way better indeed.

I quickly put the hasbro bandolier to take some pics and I plan on reworking the crossbow.

P1080143_zps157f87e8.jpg

P1080141_zps0df21d3f.jpg

P1080140_zpsc2282041.jpg

Next Han Solo.
Basically all SS clothing.
He is on a TTM19 body with narrow shoulder arms.
I also reduced the thickness of the neck by Dremelling the inner socket.

Head is enterbay with the hair dremeled on the side and resculpted too look less puffy.

P1080125_zpscaa27ad4.jpg

P1080116_zps1faf549a.jpg

P1080114_zps91a3532d.jpg

P1080113_zps167b361c.jpg

and a pics with chewie to show the size. I maye add some leg extenders to chewie to increase his size a little more.

P1080135_zps378068bb.jpg

Looking great bro. A few more tweaks till perfection. Agree about Chewies height. Thats gotta be the easiest thing outta the whole piece though. Still so blown away by him. One of your masterpieces for sure! :hi5:

More than anything I think the Han sculpt is just a bit too old for ANH. Great Ford likeness... but more specific to ROTJ or maybe could be used for ESB.

Still the rest looks great :rock

Yes you're right but that is the Han head I like the most. Mostly cause of the quality of the head.

The SS are outdated and almost cartoony.

I like the ANH look the most so yes a bit of comprmises here :)

Re: Elvis1976 custom's•STARKILLER•MYTHOS OBI WAN•BIKER SCOUT•CHEWBACCA

Looking great bro. A few more tweaks till perfection. Agree about Chewies height. Thats gotta be the easiest thing outta the whole piece though. Still so blown away by him. One of your masterpieces for sure! :hi5:

Thanks my friends, still needs to futzzed with the fur a bit more and like I said some retouching and he will be finished.

Wow. Han and Chewie are amazing, enough to justify a dio for a background. Love it.

How about the Sideshow Stormtrooper disguise Han smirking sculpt?

That one could definitely benefit from your skills.

I repainted it yes but I don't like it much. Something about the expression and it is alos too big :)

Great Han Seb. Any thoughts about Mando's or the WGP head ?

Because I always listen to advices here is some other configurations for Solo.

First I switch the narrow shoulder arsm with slimm tt arms.
Proportions looks indeed better.

Here's 3 look, ESB, ROTJ and ROTJ Endor.

My preference would go for ROTJ.

P1080153_zpsde28f387.jpg

P1080158_zps214924f5.jpg

P1080162_zps80426344.jpg

P1080170_zps3200054d.jpg

Looking fantastic, as usual.

Much better on solo! And that's the mark of an artist that grows! To be able to heed constructive criticism! Great job brother! If you ever need pro photos taken of your figures you know who to send them to! LOL :wave:

PS.... Tyler? Durden?

Back