Elvis1976•DC custom • KNIGHTMARE BATMAN • ARKHAM KNIGHT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elvis1976•DC custom thread•BATMAN AND ROGUES•Bane, Joker, Penguin, Hatter, Two-fa

THE SWAMP THING.

THe head was perfectly sculpted by my friend F-seb.

I added lots of plants and vegetation on the head and body and painted everything, it helps blend everything together.

P1080226_zpsd398d784.jpg

well that beats the one i'm working on. very awesome.

guess i have a lot of work to do.

: D

Re: Elvis1976•DC custom thread•BATMAN AND ROGUES•THE SWAMP THING

I know it is a ways back but that Scarecrow is phenomenal.

What kinda plants you worked with I like the scale maybe I can find small ivy leaves somewhere poison ivy has been on my mind.

Awsome elvis Im for sure getting this, I just located a head I want to use for her. Since Im having to move I cant make my horror figures but Halloween doesn't have to be a total loss with poison ivy and scarecrow. I have a friend working on a metal scythe as we speak.

I have an idea since your stuff is more modern and mine is more vintage why don't you make her earth goddess look and I'm making her bronze age look (pre knightfall). that way people have two ivy's to look at.

FYI if you do choose to do this you can use a phicen and to color skin a green olive flesh totally you can use MAC makeup pigment powder, or any pigment powder to dye her skin. that skin doesn't hold up well with paint and dyes it has to be a powder base or water based cream (like the foundation creams by Revlon,mabelene) with creams its harder because you have to rub it into flesh and wipe away and repeat. you cant let it sit on skin.

Acrylic paint I think wont work without eventually eating away at fibers plus it hardens and cracks but powder totally safe. I can show you a picture on my test dummy when I get settled I was planning on doing mystique with this blue powder I found. but I can show you with the magenta I have now.

Last edited:

I lowered the head of my Swamp Thing as suggested and it indeed looks way better. Improves the overal shape of the whole body.

Continuing with the texturing. Adding different sorts of plants and vegetations. I also added different shade of green and brown to bring more contrast.

P1080393_zpsa5e69e6f.jpg

P1080391_zps4967282b.jpg

P1080396_zps604e4b06.jpg

P1080399_zps524a1322.jpg

P1080402_zpsc5cfcd6f.jpg

Re: Elvis1976•DC custom thread•BATMAN AND ROGUES•THE SWAMP THING (update)

Thanks Tony.

I have finally put an end to my custom JIM LEE BATMAN. Here is at a stage where i'm happy with him.

Thanks to Tony for the awesome suit and cape, I finally decided to go with the Jim Lee blue.

P1080407_zps45aa36c4.jpg

P1080405_zps9ba7f660.jpg

Re: Elvis1976•DC custom thread•BATMAN AND ROGUES•THE SWAMP THING•JIM LEE BATMAN

Love the belt where did you get it? the deep blue is perfect much better than the light blue that was offered. I love it.

Thanks Tony.

I have finally put an end to my custom JIM LEE BATMAN. Here is at a stage where i'm happy with him.

Thanks to Tony for the awesome suit and cape, I finally decided to go with the Jim Lee blue.

P1080407_zps45aa36c4.jpg

P1080405_zps9ba7f660.jpg

looks impressive, love every bit of it :clap:clap:clap the wrinkle at the boots, the neck of the cape, love every bit!!

Love the belt where did you get it? the deep blue is perfect much better than the light blue that was offered. I love it.

Thanks, the belt capsule and belt buckle were made by Mike Pister is board name is Mike 5401. I glued them on a leather belt and painted the whole thing gold.

looks impressive, love every bit of it :clap:clap:clap the wrinkle at the boots, the neck of the cape, love every bit!!

Thanks Tony, it wouldn't have been possible without you! :hi5:

That Jim Lee Batman figure is INSANELY good dude! :thud:

Looks like a real guy in a suit. :rock

Swamp Thing is ****ing awesome. :rock

Thanks a lot guys.

Next step, I tried hiding the articulation a bit more.

Hide the seam between the pelvis and torso with moss. I also filled the gap between the leg and pelvis with foam but keeping the articulation working.

P1080519_zpsecc556f8.jpg

P1080522_zpsa04f5344.jpg

P1080526_zps592765d1.jpg

:eek you are unreal you got crazy skills man

Hey elvis;

Got the ivy in really to small to work with though :(. but might work for you if your doing her goddess look.
but I did pick up a die cut ivy leaf shape in 1/4" so I guess i'll go that route. im sure layering will look pretty sweet.

THE SWAMP THING is almost done. Apart from on hand I think the body is completely finished.

P1080616_zps3431ed2c.jpg

P1080618_zps66bdd67a.jpg

P1080619_zpsc4af029e.jpg

P1080621_zps25666338.jpg

P1080617_zpsaf2b1d82.jpg

P1080625_zpsb2e159e3.jpg

Looks amazing! The detail on all the foliage is insane!!

Elvis, I did not know you made so many bats and his villains.....I just admired your bulk black-grey Jim Lee Bat at the first time last year before even I decided to enjoy Bat Line because of your Bat from my pal's images (thought it was his).

Great job man! I enjoy every piece of it!!! Hope I can have one of them!

Back