Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ____! Now I'm irritated. I had no idea it was set at the lowest damn level. I played for so long and thought maybe it got harder. :gah:

You must've put it on novice as the game plays at "adept" by default. I can assure you that I've taken some world class beatings on adept. If you want higher challenge, I'd recommend it.

You must've put it on novice as the game plays at "adept" by default. I can assure you that I've taken some world class beatings on adept. If you want higher challenge, I'd recommend it.

I agree.

I've had my ass handed to me during more than a few fights with this set on Adept. :thwak

Well ____! Now I'm irritated. I had no idea it was set at the lowest damn level. I played for so long and thought maybe it got harder. :gah:

Sorry to burst yer bubble man.
I'm on expert.
Nice challenge not overly frustrating.

I play on Novice. Love it. Something about hitting a rat(albeit a big one) with a battle axe, and it not dying, irritates me.

I took a pounding from the first frost troll encounter on Novice. :eek: Then I burned him.

Well I fixed that. I feel cheated. Didn't oblivion get more challenging as you gained experience? I assumed this was the same way.

Superb game, really epic. Haven't played an RPG in forever, this will be a nice change from the usual FPS action that takes up my winter!

Finnally got some time to really dig into this tonight... can tell already how much i love it...just playing as a nord with braveheart facepaint and running in the woods with a warhammer was enough to keep me entertained... this is gonna be fun.

Well I fixed that. I feel cheated. Didn't oblivion get more challenging as you gained experience? I assumed this was the same way.

If you play on the easiest setting, the enemies scale to you like the other difficulties, but theyre heavily nerfed and you're buffed. So, I'd imagine you'll never see much challenge anywhere. Adept though is different. I've gotten my a$$ handed to me a bunch of times or just barely survived fights. It feels about right to me with the exception of the occasional super high level spawn.

Long story short, I told my companion to wait somewhere and now Ive forgotten where. Can I just grab a new one or am I hosed until I find her?

LOL, I did the same thing but remembered. I think you are hosed but that you can get another. THEN, the first should return to their point of origin...

40 hours and about Level 20 now...seems like leveling has been a little to fast so far. I assume it gets harder, otherwise I'll be maxed before I'm even halfway into the game...I know the story aspect will still be as fun, but there is an undeniable dis-incentive when your character is not "progressing" the way he used to be.

Playing on Adept as well, and have died quite a few times when I get randomly mobbed or nuked by long distance spells. I have a dunmer sneak/1h-dagger/archery type character. Unscripted dragon fights have been way to easy so far though.

Leveling was fast in the first one, too. Made it difficult to work on those spell and fighting skills so you could get all +4's. Lots of time spent summoning and destroying skeletons.

Resisted buying this so far. Must....hold....out

Back