Prop eFXCollectibles releasing lightsabers in new 'Epic Duel' Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was excited to see this!

Then you see eFX is the ones doing it.....

....moving along. Not interested.

But if they do end up actually doing it, it could be awesome.

Let's not forget that they are the people behind the really cool Reveal lightsabers, as well as the Darth Maul Legend, which for the first time made a signature lightsaber affordable in the era of $1k+ MR SE's on eBay.

Of course there is little chance that we see all of this actually made available, or even part of it, but if for some miraculous reason they see it through, that's great news :yess:

I have half of these in MR form. I hope this won't drop their values much. I may consider sellin by and upgrading if they come out.

I have half of these in MR form. I hope this won't drop their values much. I may consider sellin by and upgrading if they come out.

Really depends on the quality level they decide to aim for. These might just be stunt-grade replicas like they did in the past, in which case the MR versions will be fine value-wise.

If they go for the full-on idealized look with various metals, plastics, and the QC is good, that's another story entirely. But if that's the case and the sabers are only sold together, prices will probably be a bit crazy, especially for the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Maul trio :lol

I'm really interested in seeing their take on the more original sabers such as the Windu and the Sidious. The OT ones will be great I'm sure. If they actually make them one day :lol

EFX shows up at SDCC with a bunch of products and every STAR WARS fan completely geeks out.
Every STAR WARS fan then remembers it's EFX and rolls their eyes and moves along.

Pretty much how this seems to be playing out, and with good reason.

EFX shows up at SDCC with a bunch of products and every STAR WARS fan completely geeks out.
Every STAR WARS fan then remembers it's EFX and rolls their eyes and moves along.

Pretty much how this seems to be playing out, and with good reason.

We go through this every SDCC with this company.

I would say the fact that the rubber gets all gummy would be the biggest part to worry about.

And wow Nash is still around.

The sabers pictured in those graphics are just placeholder images.
They are not going to be PCR but full on metal replicas.
Lightsabers are much easier to manufacture than helmets so we anticipate these moving through the process much more quickly.

Lightsabers are much easier to manufacture than helmets so we anticipate these moving through the process much more quickly.

Thanks for the info, with MR out of the game and the insane prices/limited offering of Prop Shop, a lot of us have high hopes for this line. Very happy to hear that they will be full on metal replicas, definitely what I was hoping for. Please don't let us down! :pray:

Great news.But please use better rubber for the T-tracks this time.:wink1:

Great news.But please use better rubber for the T-tracks this time.:wink1:

They need to use ABS T-tracks without rubber coating. I have t-tracks from Gino, Roy, Marv and none will have any issues in time. The same with the Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster t-tracks, they are idealized, but being made of simple ABS they do not get sticky like MR LE or Force FX saber grips

They need to use ABS T-tracks without rubber coating. I have t-tracks from Gino, Roy, Marv and none will have any issues in time. The same with the Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster t-tracks, they are idealized, but being made of simple ABS they do not get sticky like MR LE or Force FX saber grips

:exactly:

Gino, I hope you'll come back and read this: do you plan on releasing the black version of Sidious's lightsaber as well? Master Replicas only did the green-ish one and it would be absolutely awesome to finally have both. Now the black one is pretty well known because it was featured prominently in Clone Wars when Palpatine is fighting Darth Maul and his brother.

From the information I could gather, I'm pretty sure the green one is his main lightsaber, therefore he used it against Mace Windu, so that would make sense for the Duel series you are planning.
The black one was used against Yoda after he lost the other one in the first fight.

Please make it happen :pray:

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is behind the push here to get replicas back out into the market on a wider scale than Prop Store's TFA offerings. I also wouldn't be surprised if these are open editions or remain open for a period of time before final edition numbers are released. I can imagine that Disney would want high end items for their retailers/vendors online and to have in their Parks at Launch Bays.

Well it makes sense ofc, there is absolutely nothing out there outside of the aftermarket for collectors who don't want to spend $1,250 (+ shipping and tax) on a hilt. Not to mention, Prop Shop's offering is incredibly limited. It's just TFA stuff.

Some people, myself included, were wondering a few months ago wtf was Disney doing when it came to high end replicas and why they were missing out on that chunk of the collectible market. Not gonna complain now that they are doing something about it :lol Just hope eFX will deliver, both in terms of release dates post-announcement, and in terms of actually releasing the products.

Where does one purchase the eFX line here in the US? Looking to expand my collectibles so its not just sixth and quarter scale figures and statues.

Back