Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only wish eFX to give up on the aluminum supporting poles which are too shiny and go instead for black or in starships cases to go maybe for acrylic pole.

It looks much better than a black one would if you have it displayed against a lighter background, like I have. :)

It looks much better than a black one would if you have it displayed against a lighter background, like I have. :)

I don't think it is related to the way you display the TIE. The pole shouldn't be that visible no matter how you display it. On screen used TIE's they used black (or blue) poles, not shiny aluminum ones. Black or clear acrylic (like on the Icons TIE) would look much better.

I had build some new stands (also for the eFX TIE here on this pic) for a friend,and he colored all in matt black.With the black backround it's look great,but not with a brighter backround i think:

8ho2.jpg

Thanks for posting mine Catch and thanks again for building these for me!

These are from stainless steel and superheavy. Love them much more than the original eFX stands.

By the way on the pic above is my selfbuilt ESB TIE :)
Here is a pic of the eFX with your custom base:

026j3uwm.jpg

If you didn't want to paint it, is it possible to add thin plastic tubing to the outer?

It is, but it makes it even thicker and that is what i not like. The pure eFX stand is even to thick i think. That's why i wanted it thinner. The whole model Looks better that way.

The best stand to date is the clear acrylic one made by Icons. It was also completed by a cool Death Star base.

izahli.jpg

Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-TIE-Fighter-1.jpg

The clear one is nice. On a side note, has anyone heard anything about the Y-Wing? PO this year or next year?

The clear one is nice. On a side note, has anyone heard anything about the Y-Wing? PO this year or next year?

No way it goes up for PO this year. Bryan stated there was still quite a bit of work to be done. I think we'll see the Fett Legend helmet late this year, early next, then much later the Y-wing and then a year after that the mighty Star Destroyer!!

After a month in the box i took it out after prepping the room.
Took about 2 hrs slowly working my way through it, not to break or scratch anything.
The longest setup was getting that brown paper off the clear panel without scratching the panel lol.

Anyway it looks awesome. Now i want all my starwars ships this size.
Regards the pole i dont mind it. However when installing the pole, you screw it on the base till it cant be screwed any more.
Should there be some give to the pole if you lightly tap it?
As mines very secure ( i think it is) but the pole sways ever so slight when i tap in only.

I just cant stop starring at it when i enter the room.
Im so glad i purchased it, thanks to you guys who pushed me over the edge reading all the awesome posts about it
Thank you

BTW i put some widescreen tie fighter shots from starwars topp collection cards and placed them in between the base and perspex window, looks great i must say

You need to post some pics of your TIE ;) The eFX TIE became one of my favorite items in my collection

After a month in the box i took it out after prepping the room.
Took about 2 hrs slowly working my way through it, not to break or scratch anything.
The longest setup was getting that brown paper off the clear panel without scratching the panel lol.

Anyway it looks awesome. Now i want all my starwars ships this size.
Regards the pole i dont mind it. However when installing the pole, you screw it on the base till it cant be screwed any more.
Should there be some give to the pole if you lightly tap it?
As mines very secure ( i think it is) but the pole sways ever so slight when i tap in only.

I just cant stop starring at it when i enter the room.
Im so glad i purchased it, thanks to you guys who pushed me over the edge reading all the awesome posts about it
Thank you

BTW i put some widescreen tie fighter shots from starwars topp collection cards and placed them in between the base and perspex window, looks great i must say

Hey Fuzz,

CONGRATS!!!!

Man, your collection is really starting to build now :)

As JK said, you need to post some pics and share your awesome collection room with everyone!

:clap

I got one of these recently, and must say it IS a stunner. Mine came new in box... sealed... and broken! >_<

Working with the seller and UPS claim to get it replaced... so for now I have no Tie Fighter and no money, but this should be resolved soon, or it'll be paypal claim time.

Still though, I LOVED the details. The pain that went into getting the details correct, is definitely appreciated, and I love the little shout out to Steve with the decal.

I will be sure to post pics when I have a new one here to enjoy.

That said, I am going to have to make a custom base, as the EFX one is just too big for easy display.

I got one of these recently, and must say it IS a stunner. Mine came new in box... sealed... and broken! >_<

Working with the seller and UPS claim to get it replaced... so for now I have no Tie Fighter and no money, but this should be resolved soon, or it'll be paypal claim time.

Still though, I LOVED the details. The pain that went into getting the details correct, is definitely appreciated, and I love the little shout out to Steve with the decal.

I will be sure to post pics when I have a new one here to enjoy.

That said, I am going to have to make a custom base, as the EFX one is just too big for easy display.

Sorry to hear about that Scott, hope you receive a good one soon. The eFX TIE is in my top 5 collectibles, a fantastic piece.

collection display 091.jpg

you can see despite huge Fragile labels... it wasn't treated well:

photo%206.JPG

photo%207.JPG

photo%208.JPG

photo%205.JPG

And this is what fell out when I unwrapped the main hull
photo%209.JPG

photo%201.JPG

I was deflated... still am actually...

Looks like an easy fix.

How much do these guys run these days? (unless I missed it being stated earlier)

Honestly... yeah an easy fix... but since I paid $1350, for NIB sealed... it should at least be intact. The seller says I'll get a replacement, but for some reason we need to wait for UPS to pay the claim first???

Ouch dude... it makes me sad to see stuff like that to such expensive pieces. On the other hand...great to see you here Scott! Your live fire DL-44 was a huge inspiration to me when I put together my recent DEC Kit on my Denix. I literally weathered mine to match your real one and I love the way it came out. You will love the Tie once you get a proper replacement. It is such an awesome piece. One of my top 5 pieces I own.

Mike

Back