Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Dykstra signed plaque - this was one of the fastest TTM's I ever had in my life, he also returned the $15 cash I included

He sounds like a classy guy. It's a shame they don't make films using the craftsmanship guys like Dykstra and Trumbull pioneered.

Motion Control, Model Work, Makeup, Stop/Go motion, Glass matte paintings, traditional animation.... now even film itself is dying. All the cameras are digital.

If they want the next Star Wars film to look like Star Wars get out a damn 70mm film camera for principal photography.

He sounds like a classy guy. It's a shame they don't make films using the craftsmanship guys like Dykstra and Trumbull pioneered.

Motion Control, Model Work, Makeup, Stop/Go motion, Glass matte paintings, traditional animation.... now even film itself is dying. All the cameras are digital.

If they want the next Star Wars film to look like Star Wars get out a damn 70mm film camera for principal photography.

:goodpost: I still think the originals look beter than anything thats been done today.

I had an opportunity to see one of these in person and I have to admit I have changed my mind on this piece.

As much as dislike the way eFX run their business, I will admit to having done a 180 on the TIE.

I now want one lol :lol Except for the pole and base though, the ICONS TIE base was much better.

The market is flooded with these on eBay act now I hope the price comes Down to near msrp so I can buy one!

I had an opportunity to see one of these in person and I have to admit I have changed my mind on this piece.

As much as dislike the way eFX run their business, I will admit to having done a 180 on the TIE.

I now want one lol :lol Except for the pole and base though, the ICONS TIE base was much better.

A I already said get it as soon as possible. As I said before, compared to Vader helmet for example, where you can find tons of them, licensed or not, the TIE Fighter is more limited. Before eFX there was the Icons version, and together with eFX TIE (excepting some cool kits, that still need assembling, painting and finishing) these are the only studio scale TIE Fighters available - especially eFX version which is yet to be found for sale on various online shops (a bit overpriced already). But IMO the eFX TIE price will be raising even more soon, due to its realistic limited nature (and less problems that Vader helmets). I'm not sure eFX will make the ESB TIE anymore, so this is a good chance to get a very cool replica of this iconic fighter.

A I already said get it as soon as possible. As I said before, compared to Vader helmet for example, where you can find tons of them, licensed or not, the TIE Fighter is more limited. Before eFX there was the Icons version, and together with eFX TIE (excepting some cool kits, that still need assembling, painting and finishing) these are the only studio scale TIE Fighters available - especially eFX version which is yet to be found for sale on various online shops (a bit overpriced already). But IMO the eFX TIE price will be raising even more soon, due to its realistic limited nature (and less problems that Vader helmets). I'm not sure eFX will make the ESB TIE anymore, so this is a good chance to get a very cool replica of this iconic fighter.

popcultcha is having a may the 4th sale for today only with free shipping included. I pulled the trigger and got this for less than it would have cost retail with shipping to Australia if I had bought from the states at launch ( I think lol). Pumped to see this in person! :yess:

Congrats! Just be careful when assembling it. Be sure the wing caps fit easily, if not then sand some of the interior of the caps down.

John Dykstra was kind enough to sign for me again, I already have a MR tall plaque I display with the eFX TIE Fighter, and another photo identical with this one, which is also in the same cabinet with the eFX TIE. This second photo I sent to him together with a small cool present and he sent it back signed though I mentioned I already have one signed by him. He always returned the $ I sent untouched, how cool is that. And his response times is one of the fastest ever TTM, less than 3 weeks via Romania-US-Romania. Many thanks again Mr. Dykstra! The old photo can be seen HERE.

AutographJohnDykstra04.jpg

popcultcha is having a may the 4th sale for today only with free shipping included. I pulled the trigger and got this for less than it would have cost retail with shipping to Australia if I had bought from the states at launch ( I think lol). Pumped to see this in person! :yess:

I saw the price reduction on popcultcha's website a few days ago. Congrats Deedzy!very wise move on getting it.:hi5: Mines boxed at the moment till we move into our new house.:gah: Wonder if popcultcha have many left in stock?
Awesome signed photos jkno. Like to see how your displaying it!

I saw the price reduction on popcultcha's website a few days ago. Congrats Deedzy!very wise move on getting it.:hi5: Mines boxed at the moment till we move into our new house.:gah: Wonder if popcultcha have many left in stock?
Awesome signed photos jkno. Like to see how your displaying it!

Thanks Psimun! How do you intend to display your TIE?

Thanks Psimun! How do you intend to display your TIE?

Not 100% sure yet, But I guess I'll end up displaying it on a plinth in Perspex with some leds. I've made an incomplete plinths for the x-wing which will have a mirrored base. The one at the back with a top tray piece

Those displays will look fantastic mate, I'm really tempted to grab an x-wing to add to the collection.

I've been talking to a guy who has the eFX prototype for a reasonable price, but then a MR SE falcon shows up on eBay it's in the states, it's expensive and tbh Fords signature isn't that important to me so I'm leaning towards the x-wing.

Back