Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is just showing off but just wanted to show my almost finished X-Wing next to the Tie fighter of course.

8481501788_fe435ec88f_b.jpg

8481480068_a44625843c_b.jpg

8481501692_d7826c1eab_b.jpg

very nice! which kit was that?

Congrats to the X-Wing, 3phase. The set up looks great.
Did you build and paint the kit on your own? If that's the case -> good job :)

Congrats to the X-Wing, 3phase. The set up looks great.
Did you build and paint the kit on your own? If that's the case -> good job :)

Yes I couldn’t afford an EFX x-wing so thought I would do one myself. Have to say if I accounted for the hours I put into it would be worth thousands :lol

Yes I couldn’t afford an EFX x-wing so thought I would do one myself. Have to say if I accounted for the hours I put into it would be worth thousands :lol

Any idea which other kits are that scale/size? How long is that X-wing?

I think the eFX are all studio scale right ? that means 1:24... and that means.. if you find Model Kits in that scale, they are at least $400-$600 unbuild and unpainted

I think the eFX are all studio scale right ? that means 1:24... and that means.. if you find Model Kits in that scale, they are at least $400-$600 unbuild and unpainted

Yeah that's what I've noticed, if you can find them.

Think I might go with the Fine Molds 1:48 ones..I found a place that sells a lighting kit for them. As long as they're all in scale I'm cool.

From my understanding EFX made more of these in case they broke so once all the returns go through ect I assume they will have another 75-100 for sale... just my thoughts.

From my understanding EFX made more of these in case they broke so once all the returns go through ect I assume they will have another 75-100 for sale... just my thoughts.

I wish but I couldn't see them selling more than the stated edition size.

Last edited:

Most companies make a few more extras for damage/return cases. Though I don't think eFX made so many extras. They also make separate parts for them not just finished TIE's. And indeed they cannot go over the edition number, and AP's are not that many anyway.

I said long ago that the TIE will go up in value unlike Vader helmets for example. For now in licensed area of studio scale TIE fighters we only have the old Icons and this new eFX. And not sure if eFX or other company will make another TIE too soon...

My second Tie Fighter is on it's way.. future set-up :

2j165w9.jpg

Although it will take some time before eFX releases the X1 Tie Advanced.. the alternative is buying a kit from Chris Kelley..

My TIE arrived today from Redfordfilms. Simply amazing...wings went on perfectly and the wingcaps fit well too. Awesome piece.

JB

They were selling these a month or so ago for 990 on ebay; now they are at $1400!!! I wish I had hopped on the pre order way back in the day

Back