Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about buying this from Redford Films. Has anyone had problems with them? I'm concerned because I'm an international customer and I want to minimize the chance of a problem.

Never ordered from them, but heard good things about Redford Films.

Nope, but my point is that it's a fragile piece and it would be much saver to have it in a display case. And not have shipping include will scare of some collectors because that will make the piece more expensive :gah:

Just my opinion... :monkey3

You can have an acrylic display case made localy, eFX knows this and thats why they choose to focus only on the Tie, making it less expensive and reduce on shipping costs. And shipping is included with all Dutch retailers who are selling it :wink1:

New message from Bryan regarding the TIE Fighter:

Hi All!

I think a lot of you have noticed that the TIE Fighter is still available for Pre-Order. We are working on something that we hope to announce in the next few days. So, we are going to keep the Pre-Order up until we get confirmation on our "special" project. (Kind of sounds like the X-wing again, doesn't it? )

Thanks!

Bryan

Ofcourse it will be for everyone who ordered it and included in the already set price, I do not understand all that whining about it on rebelscum :)
Efx is just trying to squeeze some more orders out.

Posted on RS:
It will be a universal bonus item, not an eFX exclusive. So if you bought from a retailer you are fine. It's just a bonus guys and gals, not a variant or exclusive.

;)

Seen it, remember, I'm a member there since 2001. ;) As I said, until Bryan or eFX tells us what it is I don't presume anything. Jeff from eFX said it is free => Excellent :clap

Now we need to find out what it is. :impatient: :monkey3 Speculations began already people talking about a signature plaque, a sculpted pilot, a print etc. As long as it is for free I won't refuse anything.

Not sure about the pilot though, I'd like to know if the original ILM TIE Fighter used pilots inside or not. If they didn't then mine might stay boxed.

If it is an autograph, I kind of doubt it is Lucas as someone wanted. Personally I don't really care about getting Lucas' auto, I'd rather get a crew member who worked on the original model like Phil Tippett worked on the AT-AT models.

Some did have an pilot inside ( some fighterpilot from an Airfix model kit).
Thats why I prefer an idealised version of that with an Tie Pilot and illuminated cockpit/controls ( and thats what they did show us at previous conventions).

TIE-008.jpg

Whatever the "extra" thing will be I hope it will not be an autograph or some kind of stupid plaque stating what this is or an artprint, all of above will stay in the box and never see the light of day.

I mean the original Lucas Film TIE models used in the movies, not sure if those had any pilots inside. What you see in the picture above was an eFX proto, and to be honest I don't really like the pose for the pilot, excepting the case when/if the ship comes with a extra battle-damaged wings...

As for the extra plaques that is what I'll do myself, exactly as i want, no need to get it free from eFX. I'll get a tall plaque with TIE Fighter details like I did for my MR AT-AT, Code 3 AT-ST and Code 3 Vader's TIE and they are great. And I might also get some plaques signed by some crewmen/actors/modelers etc. later. No need for a print since I already have the perfect item to go with the display. illuminated cockpit would be ok to add to the already light up cannons and ion engines.

Just received the ACME TIE Fighter Sketchplate to go with the upcoming eFX TIE Fighter prop replica:

ACMETIEFightersketchplate01.jpg

ACMETIEFightersketchplate02.jpg

Seriously? Sometimes I wonder about eFX. :slap

Not to worry, the info will come soon. :) Remember they are shipping the McQuarrie Vader now, and also just announced the Precision Cast Sandtrooper helmet, so they are quite busy at the moment. But I'm sure they won't let us down

Back