Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kid in the black shirt in second photo is no more than 14 at most. Even with all the policy / working condition improvements in china over the last few years, there is still a complete lack of care on the age of the workers. The thinking has always been if they want to work they can work...

Also what's considered age/sex discrimination in the states are completely normal and legal over there. Many job postings for example openly states female or male only, and no older than age of 40 etc..

Here HR gives us a 50 page manual on what NOT to ask during an interview, did you know you cannot even ask a candidate where they live, how long their commute will be or if they like pizza, that will open the firm up for a discrimination lawsuit if the candidate is later denied...two country two extremes.

anyway...the tie fighter looks good but i will believe it when i see it...

From eFX at Rebelscum: "The first batch of TIE's should be leaving China towards the end of September."

And pix courtesy to Jedirainman:

2872.jpg

2923.jpg

2851.jpg

2861.jpg

That TIE looked amazing. Did they deliberately give it an ESB color scheme?

That TIE looked amazing. Did they deliberately give it an ESB color scheme?

I think if you look back thru this thread or one of the others they discovered that ANH & ESB are the same colour just the lighting on the sets made them look a bit different.

Some more info on RPF:

They're multiplying -

Bryan brought over the latest factory painted TIE (that he had at Celebration VI) along with the older paint sample (from SDCC '12) for a quick look-see the other night. (The latest sample is the one on the left in the photo above.)

While I really enjoyed seeing the SDCC TIE a couple of months ago, this latest sample, which is a better indicator of the product y'all will be receiving, is over the top!

While it will be hard to see here, there IS a difference in the base color between the two samples. The latest paintjob by the factory nails the color on the hatch piece that I have -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-005-text.jpg-111689d1346867206

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-006-text.jpg-111690d1346867206

When comparing the two TIE's, the effect is subtle. Yet, when I saw the OLD paint sample, I felt something was 'off' right away, without even dragging the hatch cover out. It was close, but not 'blue' enough. The latest version is a lot closer. Also apparent is a better match to the darker gray panels on the hatch. This effect overall makes the paint scheme more subtle and not as contrasty -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-011.jpg-111692d1346868066

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-028.jpg-111697d1346868062

And from the latest paint sample, you can see that the oversized stencil decal has been reduced. (I'll also add that I found a good photo of the underside of the TIE that shows a few more decals that we had previously seen. Jason Eaton was able to crank out some new decal/stamp artwork for eFX and we should see that on the production versions.......)

This version also had functioning lights in the engines -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-022.jpg-111696d1346868378

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-017.jpg-111693d1346868378

Just a couple of LED's, but that's what the real things used.

Bryan decided to try something different with the TIE Fighter. Instead of the lights being hard-wired into the mount that goes into the base (like the Falcon and X-wing), the TIE will have a switch/battery arrangement in the cockpit ball so you can still light it up, even if you aren't using the base/mount that it come with. You can switch on the engines by sticking your finger in the rear window pressing a switch -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-018.jpg-111694d1346868378

To change the battery, you can just pop off the rear hatch -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-021.jpg-111695d1346868378

What I find really neat is that the model mount (which will come up through the bottom), will nest in a replica of the original's armature. It won't really be visible, but it is there........

Someone asked about how these were going to be shipped. Bryan tells me that they will basically be disassembled (Cockpit Ball/Arms + Wings) to be shipped. The innermost piece of the wingstar pops off and reveals a huge allen bolt -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-012.jpg-111698d1346869395

EFX will include an allen wrench -

efx-tie-fighter-sdcc-tie-2ndpaint-015.jpg-111700d1346869395

Simple.

Someone else asked for the size. Bryan didn't have a base with him, but he did mention that it will be square, look like the X-wing base in terms of finish, and have a lip for those of you that want to get an acrylic dust cover made for the piece. I don't have the dimensions for the base at this time. If you want to display this off of the base - just sitting on a bookshelf or a table - the footprint of the piece is 15 1/4" wide x 14 5/8" deep x 18 1/16" high. While obviously not as large as the Falcon, it does take up a bit of real estate depth and height-wise. And with the base, it will be a little bigger.

OK, but when will it be ready? Bryan approved the paint match and the reduction of the oversized decal last week so the factory can get started on the final finish/assembly. LFL just approved the liner notes/prop story and photos. That gets printed and shipped to the main factory by another supplier. That may add some time getting them on the boat by the end of the month, but it will be close. Not sure what the transit times are for a freighter coming across the Pacific (or customs for that matter) - at that point, it's as much a waiting game for eFX as it is for you..........

More later.....

Gene

Wow, to have a perfect TIE Fighter straight out of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi. But a thousand bucks, damn.

I wonder if they'll do an A-Wing.

I wonder if they'll do an A-Wing.

Nope, they won't. Too much of a "niche" vehicle. The Slave 1 FX ship has been confirmed to be on hold, cuz it's out on tour and they can't scan it.

I doubt they do a vehicle between now and the Slave 1.

Nope, they won't. Too much of a "niche" vehicle. The Slave 1 FX ship has been confirmed to be on hold, cuz it's out on tour and they can't scan it.

I doubt they do a vehicle between now and the Slave 1.

I doubt we'll ever see the Slave 1 :(

Some info anc pics from Bryan on RS: "... we are trying our best to start shipping the TIE Fighter by the end of September. As you can see, we are in full production!"

TIEPL2.jpg

TIEPL1.jpg

Definitely not work Americans want.

Message from Bryan @ eFX: https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086864/

Hi All!

OK, you are going to have to sit down for this one!!!

We are getting ready to start to ship the TIE Fighters!

As with the Vader helmets, i am now looking for 6 volunteers who have a confirmed pre-order with us, who are shipping their TIE to an address in the US and can pay the balance due to receive their TIE Fighter early.

This is a production unit, the only difference is that there is no printing on the master carton. Before we place our order for the master cartons, we are testing the integrity of the packaging.

If you are interested in participating in this program, please email us at [email protected]. I will then select the 6 customers who have the earliest pre-orders. NOTE: The order of the pre-orders is the order that the pre-orders were confirmed by the credit card gateway, which may not necessarily be the same as when the "BUY NOW" button was clicked. I will continue to accept requests until the units arrive from Asia some time next week. There is no set closing date, it is simply the date that I receive the TIE's.

Even though this is an actual production piece, it is a test of the packaging. So, we will pay the shipping cost for you!

Thanks and please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Bryan

I ordered one but I haven't heard anything on it. I ordered through Redford films. I guess I should hear something soon then.

No body getting this?

A video of one of the first in hand TIEs has been posted on Rebelscum

https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1058894-69/

I'm surprised there isn't that much buzz surrounding this release considering the wait.

I'm hoping to pick one up in Australia once they get to the vendors here. :pray:

Plenty of people getting it. Everyone is just waiting... as usual. :impatient:

Those three that landed over at Rebelscum were sent early from eFX to a select few to check packaging integrity.

Back