eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite line:

"...maintains the original geometry of the helmet."

WTF? So it's "possible" that the helmet's geometry will have to change to make sure it can actually be manufactured?

Seriously? How does it get this far down the line before these "issues" become obvious?

I used to use Apple as an example before too many people said that it was not a good comparison, so this time I'll use Hasbro to dumb it down even further and I'll highlight the Big Millennium Falcon. They previewed it, with all its working parts and intricacies, and then they manufactured it within a scheduled time - exactly what they previewed... how hard is it?

I can hear the blind sheep already... "They're a bigger company" etc, etc, etc. Okay, I'll use another two smaller companies, who's products are far more intricate to manufacture; SmallHD and Rhino Camera Gear.

Justify it all you want, but eFX are without question a poorly run company. No one can deny they deliver a great final product but everything else about them is subpar at best.

Who cares about everything else, if they "..deliver a great final product.." ?????

No, let them be like SS, who runs perfectly, but delivers crap.

At least with eFX there is no guessing game of how much their final product will fe far from the proto...

Its so funny to read everyday to all the "EFX HATERS"... this paranoic guys never compain for the quality of the EFX pieces, they complain for the "lack of customer service" ¡¡¡¡... there is a few examples of kind of cuestions and complains this HATERS send to EFX mail (that obviously never got an answer):

-Dear EFX: im so angry with you because you still in the making the "X" replica, and i NEEDED for a Halloween party...you sucks ¡¡¡ cancel my order...¡¡¡¡

-DEAR EFX: Are you going to make a LUKE SKYWALKER SEVERED HAND with real fingernails..??? and when ???... no answer ???... *****K you EFX...

-DEAR EFX: Cancel my order at once because i dont have enough money to pay the layaway plan, just the deposit. Thanks for nothing, your company sucks¡¡

.DEAR EFX: I hate you because you cant have your stuff ready on time... i was going to sell "X" replica at triple of the value, but thanks to you i broke the deal on ebay...¡¡

-DEAR EFX: i hate you with no particular reason, just because....

We dont need "EFX FRIENDLY and HAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE"... we need just MONEY, and PATIENCE. thats all for a TOP NOTCH LIMITED QUALITY REPLICA.

Who cares about everything else, if they "..deliver a great final product.." ?????

At least with eFX there is no guessing game of how much their final product will fe far from the proto...

Well said. :clap

My favourite line:

"...maintains the original geometry of the helmet."

WTF? So it's "possible" that the helmet's geometry will have to change to make sure it can actually be manufactured?

Seriously? How does it get this far down the line before these "issues" become obvious?

I used to use Apple as an example before too many people said that it was not a good comparison, so this time I'll use Hasbro to dumb it down even further and I'll highlight the Big Millennium Falcon. They previewed it, with all its working parts and intricacies, and then they manufactured it within a scheduled time - exactly what they previewed... how hard is it?

I can hear the blind sheep already... "They're a bigger company" etc, etc, etc. Okay, I'll use another two smaller companies, who's products are far more intricate to manufacture; SmallHD and Rhino Camera Gear.

Justify it all you want, but eFX are without question a poorly run company. No one can deny they deliver a great final product but everything else about them is subpar at best.

With you on this 100%. :goodpost:

Its so funny to read everyday to all the "EFX HATERS"... this paranoic guys never compain for the quality of the EFX pieces, they complain for the "lack of customer service" ¡¡¡¡... there is a few examples of kind of cuestions and complains this HATERS send to EFX mail (that obviously never got an answer):

-Dear EFX: im so angry with you because you still in the making the "X" replica, and i NEEDED for a Halloween party...you sucks ¡¡¡ cancel my order...¡¡¡¡

-DEAR EFX: Are you going to make a LUKE SKYWALKER SEVERED HAND with real fingernails..??? and when ???... no answer ???... *****K you EFX...

-DEAR EFX: Cancel my order at once because i dont have enough money to pay the layaway plan, just the deposit. Thanks for nothing, your company sucks¡¡

.DEAR EFX: I hate you because you cant have your stuff ready on time... i was going to sell "X" replica at triple of the value, but thanks to you i broke the deal on ebay...¡¡

-DEAR EFX: i hate you with no particular reason, just because....

We dont need "EFX FRIENDLY and HAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE"... we need just MONEY, and PATIENCE. thats all for a TOP NOTCH LIMITED QUALITY REPLICA.

Well said. :clap

So it's okay to take peoples money up front in full, have inconceivably poor customer service, and get indignant when customers ask for an update, just as long as you deliver a great final product in the end?

Consumers across the world are so grateful none of you geniuses are running a company :slap

Woah, I've been hibernating since September and think I might've missed the release date on this. And taking a quick peek outside, it looks like the box containing my helmet is long gone.

So how'd it turn out, guys? :stick

I like what EFX actually puts out, but I would never PO from them buy from someone after release.... They seem to be a poor shadow of MR unfortunately ><

So it's okay to take peoples money up front in full, have inconceivably poor customer service, and get indignant when customers ask for an update, just as long as you deliver a great final product in the end?

Yes. It is for me.

Yes. It is for me.

Quote from another let down consumer on another forum....

...but hey, it doesn't effect you right, so who cares?

Hi there.
I need some help regarding Efx.
I decided to purchase the Wedge helmet on layaway Jan 13 2015. Laid down the $200 no problem and have not heard boo from them since. I've e-mailed them half a dozen times from February when the second payment was due up until two days ago saying that I'll just pay the balance and get it over with. Still no response. I'm literally begging them to take my money.
I've been dealing with these guys way back when they were Master Replicas and have a ton of their product but what gives?
If I don't hear back by next week I'm sending the e-mail trail over to MasterCard to have them get my $200 back.
I never received any forms to sign to allow my card to be charged for the payments...no communication except the receipt for the $200.
Has anyone else been in this boat? Any advice?

Thanks

Email I received late last night:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well. That explains things a bit, I guess. Seems like something they probably should've looked at a long, long time ago as a potential issue, but whatever. This'll mean that at best (since I think there's no way they'll suddenly be ahead of schedule) I'll be getting this about a year after preordering in full. I hope they plan on more email updates until then.

Email I received late last night:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well. That explains things a bit, I guess. Seems like something they probably should've looked at a long, long time ago as a potential issue, but whatever. This'll mean that at best (since I think there's no way they'll suddenly be ahead of schedule) I'll be getting this about a year after preordering in full. I hope they plan on more email updates until then.

They "hope" to be shipping by comic con, he didn't say what year though. Meanwhile either way I will be sitting back with my RS propmasters "legend" scout lid long before then. And it will have a functional visor.

A cursory read of the email would almost lead you to believe that they've solved the issue. That doesn't appear to be the case. So having a ship date set at roughly 3 months from now seems optimistic at best.

I'm beginning to think about canceling my order outright. My first and definitely last EFX direct order.

Back