EFX Millenium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking maybe thats it.

If this was $350 I would possibly be in for one.

I agree... Way overpriced at $600 due to it's size. Diecast or not. Plus in this case, I actually think it would've been even better if it wasn' diecast as it would allow for better fine detail and not look as soft. Is the Falcon removable from the base for someone to come up with a cool custom design? I also agree the base is kinda lame.

Do you or anyone else reading this know the dimensions of the 1/72 bandai Falcon compared to the efx falcon. ?

The Bandai Falcon is 19" in length.

The eFX varies from 13" - 15" depending on air quality, medication, blood alcohol level, and/or use of narcotics of the one reporting its length.

I posted this at RS...

Quick - IN-HAND impressions... although it's not mine (mine comes next week... I hope - and I did order it blindly because of a deal I had).

I want to preface this by saying I own the MR.

I went to a shop that was getting them in that day, so I was there for the opening of the box. The first thing that struck when the foam came off was how dark the paint apps were. I've seen a lot of the in-hand photos around the forums and none have looked this dark. The beige-ish base color was non-existent, it was primarily grey.

When you lifted it out of the foam, the die-cast weight does feel really nice. Also, the detail was much better in real life than I was expecting. It's not fine detail, but being in die-cast everything is really "pronounced" giving it a feeling of a lot more detail than it actually has. Compare this to the new Bandai PG though, and it's chalk and cheese.

I then flipped it over and noticed the bottom paint apps weren't anywhere near as dark, and the beige under-color was far more visible. Where it's overly obvious though, is when you look at it from the back - the sandwich of top and bottom over the engine light - you can overtly see the difference in finishes; the top dark, the bottom light.

The other thing that I didn't like was the side panel paint apps - again too dark, and all monotone. It looks weird because it looks like a slab of dark grey rather than mashed-up mechanics. Paint apps overall are not great. More like a toy interpretation, than a replica. And although I have the MR, I realize in no way can they be compared, however, the paint apps shouldn't be this "near enough's good enough." Not for the money they're charging.

My biggest gripe though, and it has concerned me for a while, is the seam on the side of the cockpit. It's really bad. If you're not looking at it from the side, it's not as bad, but the second you view it from that angle, that's all you can see. Actually, the seams overall aren't great either, but a lot of them are "hidden" in the ships design.

The stand is nicely made (personally, I'm not a fan of the round base, I think they should have made it cover the size of the ship so you could add a customer perspex case), but nonetheless, it is a nicely made mirrored stand.

Packaging is great - it's double boxed! So shipping should be okay.

Size is 100% 15" long. Not 13 as stated on the eFX site, and NOT 19 as stated on the Sideshow site.

Overall: After seeing it in-hand, I've decided I'll leave mine in the box after inspection and sell it down the track (unless the paint apps are vastly different on the one I receive).

I posted this at RS...

Quick - IN-HAND impressions... although it's not mine (mine comes next week... I hope - and I did order it blindly because of a deal I had).

I want to preface this by saying I own the MR.

I went to a shop that was getting them in that day, so I was there for the opening of the box. The first thing that struck when the foam came off was how dark the paint apps were. I've seen a lot of the in-hand photos around the forums and none have looked this dark. The beige-ish base color was non-existent, it was primarily grey.

When you lifted it out of the foam, the die-cast weight does feel really nice. Also, the detail was much better in real life than I was expecting. It's not fine detail, but being in die-cast everything is really "pronounced" giving it a feeling of a lot more detail than it actually has. Compare this to the new Bandai PG though, and it's chalk and cheese.

I then flipped it over and noticed the bottom paint apps weren't anywhere near as dark, and the beige under-color was far more visible. Where it's overly obvious though, is when you look at it from the back - the sandwich of top and bottom over the engine light - you can overtly see the difference in finishes; the top dark, the bottom light.

The other thing that I didn't like was the side panel paint apps - again too dark, and all monotone. It looks weird because it looks like a slab of dark grey rather than mashed-up mechanics. Paint apps overall are not great. More like a toy interpretation, than a replica. And although I have the MR, I realize in no way can they be compared, however, the paint apps shouldn't be this "near enough's good enough." Not for the money they're charging.

My biggest gripe though, and it has concerned me for a while, is the seam on the side of the cockpit. It's really bad. If you're not looking at it from the side, it's not as bad, but the second you view it from that angle, that's all you can see. Actually, the seams overall aren't great either, but a lot of them are "hidden" in the ships design.

The stand is nicely made (personally, I'm not a fan of the round base, I think they should have made it cover the size of the ship so you could add a customer perspex case), but nonetheless, it is a nicely made mirrored stand.

Packaging is great - it's double boxed! So shipping should be okay.

Size is 100% 15" long. Not 13 as stated on the eFX site, and NOT 19 as stated on the Sideshow site.

Overall: After seeing it in-hand, I've decided I'll leave mine in the box after inspection and sell it down the track (unless the paint apps are vastly different on the one I receive).

I appreciate the honest feedback on this. Again.. if you have some skills to follow paint tutorials on youtube.. I strongly suggest taking some time and building the Bandai Kit .. you save money and get a bigger and better model

I appreciate the honest feedback on this. Again.. if you have some skills to follow paint tutorials on youtube.. I strongly suggest taking some time and building the Bandai Kit .. you save money and get a bigger and better model

Hey MYC,

I'm get the Bandai as well and having it professionally painted. :hi5:

I only got this one because of a trade-in deal I was able to do. Figured, if I didn't like it, I could always sell it down the track... hopefully :pray:

Hey MYC,

I'm get the Bandai as well and having it professionally painted. :hi5:

I only got this one because of a trade-in deal I was able to do. Figured, if I didn't like it, I could always sell it down the track... hopefully :pray:

oh thats great ! May I ask how much something like this costs nowadays ?

oh thats great ! May I ask how much something like this costs nowadays ?

The repaint? I don't know yet. He's a friend in the industry, and we haven't worked out the price yet. I'm budgeting 500-1000k.

If he knocks it out of the park (which I'm sure he will), I'm going to offload the MR. The detail on the Bandai takes things to a whole new level we've never seen before. Also - need the space back. The MR is a storage and display nightmare.

I was close to pulling the trigger on this and ended up doing 573 dollars worth of damage to my car today. Grrr.

Yep. Just when you think you are getting ahead, bam! lol! No biggie just insane how much it costs to repaint a bumper.

@Mandible thank you for the much needed review. Where in Au did you get the falcon there about 1000$+
Im in 2 minds my self Bandai vs EFX hmm

keep me in mind if you may sell the mr falcon in the next couple of years.

By the way look forward to your rev on bandai vs MR

Does the person your commissioning a falcon paint job take orders?

cheers

@Mandible thank you for the much needed review. Where in Au did you get the falcon there about 1000$+
Im in 2 minds my self Bandai vs EFX hmm

keep me in mind if you may sell the mr falcon in the next couple of years.

By the way look forward to your rev on bandai vs MR

Does the person your commissioning a falcon paint job take orders?

cheers

Hey Fuzz,

Popcultcha have them for 929, but they are about to have their 12 Days Of Christmas sale, which will reduce it by 20%. Even then, I personally think it's too much for what you get. I only got it because I traded some old gear with someone.

My Bandai will be here on Monday, but I can confidently say the Bandai destroys the MR for detail. I love the MR, but Bandai have pushed the detail to a whole new level. And, the paint apps on the MR are quite badly dated now :(

I'm not sure if my friend does commissions - I'll find out and let you know.

Last edited:
Back