EFX Millenium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/72 would be the perfect size IMO .. the Fine Molds/ Revell version is that size.. but that build would take sooooo long.. special if you do light up.. I just dont have the time for that :(

1:100 scale???? WTF???

So it's just a little larger than the Bandai model you can get for 40 bucks. I'm building this kit (actually I'm building two at the moment - see the various states of my painting) and think Bandai looks better than the efx.

Eszwsaa.jpg

TUUamRR.jpg

QSCAqir.jpg

Amazing job, Kamandi!

Master Replicas (and now DiAgustini) is the only official Falcon that matched the size of a screen used studio model. They had extensive time to measure, scan and study the 32" model built for TESB. The same designer created the DiAgustini model. You can order the DiAgustini subscription for ~$1700 USD or buy a Master Replicas Falcon by signing away in blood your immortal soul.

Bandai used studio digital files for the majority of their 1:144 scale model. They fudged a few sidewalls where ILM did not send 3d mesh data but otherwise it's a gem. ILM used the 5 foot model as the source for measurements on TFA model. You can order it from Amazon for $30-40 USD. You can order 3d printed parts from Shapeways for the round dish amoung other things. Green Strawberries has photoetched deck grills and cockpit parts.

Fine Molds is a good kit and it was re-released by Revell recently. It will cost you ~$300 USD. The RPF guys have some suggestions for accurizing the mandibles.

Hasbro released a 27" Falcon ~2 years ago that has become somewhat scarce. It's detail is 90% 32 inch and 10% 5 foot. It's become the basis for many "Budget Build" RPF projects and looks really nice with the shapeways parts. I have one in the next room and it's on my "to do" list.

This is great info, thank you. I was going to go in on the Hasbro one but it seemed like a lot of effort to to work with the plastic they used to mold it.

Good info, Kamandi. I guess the MR/DiAugustini is slightly larger than the Hasbro BMF. Any side by side comparisons anywhere?

I just got volume one of the DiAusgustini earlier today so "excited as hell" isn't the word to describe how I feel right now:lol

Do we have the exact dimensions and is this an open edition?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

What's the deal with all the powder blue?? Too small for the price and way to much BS with EFX to deal with. Easy pass for me.

Back