eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m down here in Aus as well and I’m no maths expert but isn’t 10% of $1000 = $100. Can you explain why it would cost an extra $300, Thanks? Im a bit worried as i have purchased the tie as well

$200 difference between the limited edition & legend + the 10% gst (which is $100)... I think thats what he meant by 300 bucks.

Yep, the difference between the Legend & the limited with GST added to the Legend.

But the gst will not be $100 bucks. It'll be more.

The formula is as follows:

Customs Duty = Item value x 5%

GST = (Item value + shipping fees + customs duty) x 10%

Total tax = GST + Customs duty.

Also, items that are above $1000 AUD WILL be seized by customs... You will have to complete some customs release form and pay for the associated fees to have it released. That's another 90 bucks i think.

Anyone from OZ imported items greater than $1000 into australia before?

OK, wasn't aware of the extra duties etc. Thanks for the info.

I've dealt with customs before on another matter and they were really unhelpful, well, just ____s. Sounds like the Limited is the way to go then.

Is it because these helmets are better rather than comparative market value? Probably just answered my own question. :peace

This will make the ROTS helmet look like something out of the aisles of Toys R Us. :lol

In all seriousness the price of all of the ROTS prices were because that was the peak of the MR business and they could, it was also the beginning of the end.

Are there plans for an ESB helmet at some point?

I guarantee you by the time eFX is completely done they'll do all the OT Helmets.

McStormie.jpg

Goddamn that is sweet.

This will make the ROTS helmet look like something out of the aisles of Toys R Us. :lol

In all seriousness the price of all of the ROTS prices were because that was the peak of the MR business and they could, it was also the beginning of the end.

Well, either way, I think I've decided to go for a legend version. Honest to God I've wanted one of these since I was 8 and saw one like them at the local mall. So, of what I can sit here and think of, this is my grail. Even if it lost half it's value, and was a waste of money, so was my rent back in college. This one's for me alone, and to hell with the consequence. :mwaha

I hate to repeat negative points, but I just got off the eFx site to try to verify/check my account to be sure everything is a go on Wednesday, and I've now been waiting 20 minutes just to get an auto password reset. This has got disaster written all over it...

I hate to repeat negative points, but I just got off the eFx site to try to verify/check my account to be sure everything is a go on Wednesday, and I've now been waiting 20 minutes just to get an auto password reset. This has got disaster written all over it...

Hell, I'd just like to find the button to give them my CC info.

Anyone able to shed some light on the differences between ANH vs. ESB/ROTJ vader hero helmets?

If Im not mistaken the differences are as follows:

1) Esb and rotj doesn't have the sharp widows brow peak, whereas anh has.

2) anh has smaller chin vents.

3) Anh is the rougher manifestation of the vader helmet whereas both Esb/rotj are presumably more pristine & glossy.

4) anh has reddish brown lenses whereas Esb/rotj uses black lenses.

Also, how are the reveal versions different? No Velcro attach attachments for the dome?

It looks like the lenses have some sort of metallic flake paint used on the inside. Is that something behind the lenses or is it intentional?

...and NOW it would seem that the whole site has bombed as a result of the volume of traffic from people searching for details JUST TONIGHT!

If any of our fellow board members happen to know any of the hot shots at eFx personally (I'm talking to you, Gino), someone needs to get to them immediately and let them know what they are in for next week so they can shore up these servers. This is really urgent for their business.

If a large number of people find that they can't even login to their accounts on pre-order day, much less place orders, and as a result feel that they lost out on the either piece (particularly the Legend) due to site problems at eFx, this circumstance could be utter disaster for the company reputation.

I recall some of those early Sideshow pre-order nightmares prior to their moving to the streamline site and new pre-order hardware. Folks were fit to be tied. And here's the real point. None of those early Sideshow pre-order problems were on GRAIL level pieces, and many consider the Legend Edition ANH Vader Helmet THE GRAIL piece. I would much rather deal with another delay while they address this than the alternative.

Heaven help us if this thing blows up...

Unless you're in love with the unmasked portrait, it's the eFX helmet hands-down. The Sideshow helmet just doesn't look right IMHO, and it's really a life-sized statue and not a replica.
Nobody in his right mind bought the SSC bust for the helmet.

It seems the shipping for non-US customers that want the Legendary Vader helmet could arrive to $600 by FedEx. :horror :slap Let's hope eFX will re-consider using the greedy FedEx and goes with USPS Express Mail, which is as fast as FedEx, comes with built-in insurance as well and tracking number, but much cheaper.

Had the same problem. Just contact Bryan and he will help you

just a thought...you can have the helmet shipped to an alternate address. If you have family in the States, have it sent to them and go from there...

Woah ho ... 600 bucks is crazy. Surely, the box cannot be that big.

Dimensions and weight of the Vader package can be found HERE - a message by Bryan @ eFX

I really hope we are wrong with the $600 quote. There are guys saying they got the Mc Vader from eFX by FedEx to UK with $250...

Back