1/6 eFX Captain America 1/6 shield replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How accurate is 1/6 here to HT, I mean 4" feels... big?

That Avengers one looks nice. However, the CW one looks horrible. I like how the straps on both shields though are brown and have a leather esque look. I believe the straps on his shield are brown as opposed the black that HT usually makes them. Could also be me, but the beveling inside of the star also doesn't look as prominent as what HT makes them, which is more accurate because the beveling inside of the star on his shield is actually very subtle.

Yep I just took a ruler to my HT AoU shield, it's about 4 inches.

Thanks for posting the SDCC pics!

That Avengers one looks nice. However, the CW one looks horrible. I like how the straps on both shields though are brown and have a leather esque look. I believe the straps on his shield are brown as opposed the black that HT usually makes them. Could also be me, but the beveling inside of the star also doesn't look as prominent as what HT makes them, which is more accurate because the beveling inside of the star on his shield is actually very subtle.

Apparently the straps are actual leather, and the buckles are real metal. It should make for an impressive piece to accompany Cap. Even HT hasn't used leather for the straps, not that it makes a HUGE difference since they won't even be visible, but still cool.

So has anyone who ordered online but did not pick them up at sdcc been contacted by efx about setting up shipping for these shields? I am hoping they contact me soon otherwise I will reach out to them.

I have one of these shields. The SDCC exclusive. The weathering rubs off easily. As in fingerprints are left just touching it. It can easily turn into the clean version. I'm slowly removing some weathering. Very nicely built but straps cannot be adjusted.

I have one of these shields. The SDCC exclusive. The weathering rubs off easily. As in fingerprints are left just touching it. It can easily turn into the clean version. I'm slowly removing some weathering. Very nicely built but straps cannot be adjusted.

So an HT Cap will not be able to hold it? Thanks in advance.

Now if efx.will ever respond back to me for sething up shipping on these since I ordered but did not pick up at sdcc. Will probably be 2 years before I hear back from them.

My fed ex delivery manager account just notified me that a shipping label has been prepared by efx. The only thing I ordered were the 1/6 diecast shields so it looks like they are shipping out my shields. I did email them asking about this the other day but got no response but not a big deal since they are shipping it out today.

I received one yesterday and saw your warning, and I didn't rub the shield very hard because of it, but none of the weathering came off just by lightly touching it for me and it didn't leave any fingerprints. It sounds like maybe your shield wasn't sealed properly? You might want to reach out to EFX...

Yeah, the straps won't fit a Hot Toys figure, but the shields are amazing and look so nice in hand. Next to the CW Battling Cap shield, the EFX really makes the HT version look like a toy.
I'm working on a small non-permanent mod that might allow the shield to attach to Cap's arm, we'll see how it plays out.

Back