'Edge of Tomorrow' - (formerly All You Need Is Kill) - Tom Cruise/Doug Liman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'All You Need Is Kill' - Tom Cruise/Doug Liman

I still wish it was called "ALL YOU NEED IS KILL."

What a stupid title. :lol

iron man should make an appearance.

so the fanboys will follow suit and want this shat on their shelf too.

Honestly I can't believe they cheaped out on the mech suits. They sounded so ****ing cool in the script. These look like garage bashes.

Lets hope the "enemy" look cool.

And the title: From the memorably insane "All you need is KILL" to some generic sounding piece of hollywood crap. Liman was NOT the right director for this.
I'm sent a lot of scripts, I hadn't seen the graphic novel previously so I went in cold,and I was blown away by how ****ing cool the script was.

Hollywood strikes again...

That sounds better, considering the fact that "All you need is Kill" makes no ****ing sense.:lol
It does in the context of the disjointed nature and brutality of the script. And it feels wrong, which is right.

Tom-Cruise-All-You-Need-Is-Kill.jpg
This is ****ing embarrassing. This movie was written from a video gamer perspective. If that's what they think the kids will be impressed with these days, they are so ****ing wrong.

Last edited:

I definitely prefer the original title.

Honestly I can't believe they cheaped out on the mech suits. They sounded so ****ing cool in the script. These look like garage bashes.

Lets hope the "enemy" look cool.

And the title: From the memorably insane "All you need is KILL" to some generic sounding piece of hollywood crap. Liman was NOT the right director for this.
I'm sent a lot of scripts, I hadn't seen the graphic novel previously so I went in cold,and I was blown away by how ****ing cool the script was.

Hollywood strikes again...

It does in the context of the disjointed nature and brutality of the script. And it feels wrong, which is right.

This is ****ing embarrassing. This movie was written from a video gamer perspective. If that's what they think the kids will be impressed with these days, they are so ****ing wrong.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, Rory. I am curious about the film, though; especially after what you've said of the scripts

Oh boy, another installment of "Tom Cruise Running: The Movie."

Seems a'aight to me so far. Don't want to judge an entire movie one way or the other based on a handful of pictures.

This:

Is actually very cool in that it looks like it could be a live action version of Centurions!

[ame]https://youtu.be/szjcCB8m3G8[/ame]

Sci-fi Ground Hog day?

Looks and sounds interesting enough, I'll definitely check it out.

Suit worn by Tom Cruise's character

BPa5d9XCUAA-aLH.jpg:large

Suit worn by Emily Blunt's character

BPa6MkMCUAAofoN.jpg:large

One sniper and tgey are done...
Seriously you gotta be ****ing kidding me.
Who is the dumbass production designer on this???

One sniper and tgey are done...
Seriously you gotta be ****ing kidding me.
Who is the dumbass production designer on this???

You are aware of the story?

Wearing an ironman like costume would defeat the whole purpose of the story :slap

Yes i've read the script mate :)
Sorry but i have many other references in mind others than IRONMAN (as if it was the end to all in term or armor design).
Here the production design did a great thing, they avoided to use the visuals from the novel (not a graphic novel BTW) wich were too anime, shirow landmate style for my taste.
They are going the near future military look, wich is great idea.
Here they are taking inspiration fro those military exo prototypes that you can see online but those proto are not combat ready.
You cant use the design as is, its lazy and stupid.
Even with the way its used in the script it can be more armored, maniable and believable.
This design defeats all that is set in the movie prod design.
Just look at one of the futuristic jeep scene in some pics, it has small armored parts.
Happy for you if you like it.
I don't.

PS: funny when i read some reaction how people seem to think that when you give your opinion, you say that you own the irefutable truth, as a matter a fact yur just voicing what you think based on your taste. And you cant discuss taste.

So, is he somehow reliving the same time period over and over or has he been just reborn as a warrior over and over throughout time and the movie focuses on this version in the future of him? :dunno

So, is he somehow reliving the same time period over and over or has he been just reborn as a warrior over and over throughout time and the movie focuses on this version in the future of him? :dunno

:wave:wave

Tom Cruise stars as a military officer who is killed within minutes of a doomed combat mission to take down a hive-like alien race. He wakes up and is forced to relive the day over and over again, but it allows him to become a better soldier and perhaps change his fate.

EricVespe: Edge of Tomorrow looks pretty good. Hard sci-fi, a time travel component. Emily Blunt looks badass in her exo-suit.

devincf: EDGE OF TOMORROW footage is good. Looks fairly practical. Cruise running in an exoskeleton killing guys is cool. #SDCC

EricVespe: Cruise, as usual, totally invests himself. There's a weird sci-fi WW2 vibe that I quite liked.

devincf: Cruise is worried about saying b**** in front of the audience.

empiremagazine: Edge Of Tomorrow sees Emily Blunt's character known as Valkyrie One, or the Full Metal b****, but affectionately. Looks brutal, too.

EricVespe: So, Bill Paxton was sitting about 5 people away from me all panel. I'm obviously very observant.

devincf: Tom Cruise reveals Bill Paxton is in the audience. He is called to the stage. Cruise calls him Pax. #SDCC

devincf : Tom Cruise is doing Bill Paxton impressions to Bill Paxton. #SDCC

adamchitwood: Coaxed by Tom Cruise, Bill Paxton just said "Game over, man! Game over!" on the Hall H stage. My day is made. #sdcc

EricVespe: Bill Paxton's doing Aliens lines and the audience is going crazy. Tom Cruise is making him do Chet!

Silas Lesnick: Tom Cruise is begging Paxton to do Chet from Weird Science.

devincf: Tom Cruise just browbeat Bill Paxton into doing a Chet line.

Silas Lesnick: "How about a nice, greasy sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?" Paxton shoots back.

empiremagazine: Tom Cruise and Bill Paxton just had an Aliens quote-off. Paxton wins with "Game over, man!". #edgeoftomorrow #sdcc

EricVespe: Tom Cruise said he is first and foremost a cinephile and from what I know about him, he's not putting on a fake geek front.

Silas Lesnick: Paxton says the film is filled with a "perverse humor".

Silas Lesnick: He says that Cruise getting into the suit the first time is "like something out of a Woody Allen movie."

devincf: "I just want to entertain you all. It's a dream of mine and an honor." - Tom Cruise. #SDCC

EricVespe: Cruise's exosuit weighed 100-125 pounds, Emily's about 85 pounds. #EdgeofTomorrow

Emily Blunt is not to be trifled with in EDGE OF TOMORROW! - Ain't It Cool News

Edge of Tomorrow Posters

9330474888_922c954a62_o.jpg

11323565225_5f0731fafd_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back