'Edge of Tomorrow' - (formerly All You Need Is Kill) - Tom Cruise/Doug Liman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'All You Need Is Kill' - Tom Cruise/Doug Liman

Didn't Cruise want to be in Iron Man at one point? Reminds me a bit of a poor man's Mark I armor.

New image from All You Need Is Kill

Comic-Con 2013: 14 Hot Movie Panels | Photo 1 of 17 | EW.com

9292405122_53cdd45057_o.jpg

Tom Cruise's personal life antics and views doesn't affect me the least to enjoy his films. And I often don't try to associate or judge any artists' work based on their personal convictions.

The last M:I film was fantastic, I enjoyed Oblivion immensely. I still didn't get a chance to watch Jack Reacher, which despite most people's reservations due to the novel got high praise.

And it's pretty evident from his line of work in the last decade that Cruise is a big sci-fi fan. Also, I forgot Emily Blunt was in it, that makes it even better. I am definitely looking forward to this.

Everytime I think about this movie, I hear, All you need is love...

Totally forgot about this one. Suit looks cool.

So after Tom saves the world, is he going to take on Elysium?

The script on this is fantastic. That cruise pic is complete pants and feels nothing like the script.

How is a single still image supposed emulate a movie's script?

Apparently the film is to be renamed Edge of Tomorrow.

Edge of Tomorrow is extremely generic though (sounds like a James Bond film, or could have even been some Robert Redford/Barbara Streisand romantic drama). I prefer the original title.

Tom Cruise wants to get back to his blockbuster status of yesteryear and is focused on sci-fi (Oblivion, AYNiK) and action adventure (Jack Reacher, MI) to do so. However it seems that having his name above the title, even for the popcorn flicks, often does more harm that good. Cruise is actually a very good actor IMO--check out Born on the Fourth of July or Vanilla Sky which is one of my top 20. I'm getting a little tired of seeing him doing yet another riff on the same character he's been playing for years. I think if he took on more meaty roles he'd get more respect from his peers and moviegoers. He was very well received as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder, but since then everything else has been yet another vanity role. I have heard mixed to positive reviews on Jack Reacher, with people having a hard time accepting 5'7" Tom Cruise as someone described in the books as being 6'5".

I didn't see the movie myself, but I do remember seeing this clip of Cruise/Reacher putting the smackdown on 5 guys.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcbximLcoyo[/ame]

Which is all cool until you compare it to this scene from Blood and Bone
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29Ymd-COSQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Jack Reacher is a superb film and Cruise is superb as Reacher. You should definitely watch it.

Jack Reacher is a superb film and Cruise is superb as Reacher. You should definitely watch it.

Yeah, I loved Jack Reacher. It was one that was kind of under my radar, but, when I did finally see it, I enjoyed it immensely.

Yeah, I loved Jack Reacher. It was one that was kind of under my radar, but, when I did finally see it, I enjoyed it immensely.

I loved the 70/80's tv cop drama vibe it had. The camera work in that night time car chase was gorgeous, I loved it.

I really like Cruise anyway despite is off screen antics, but I thought he was superb in this. I loved the silent, suppressed menace he managed to bring perfectly to the character.

Jack Reacher was awesome.
Made me like Cruise again.
But mostly fell in love again with Christopher mcquarrie after hs sublime Way of the gun.
Hope he get more work

Edge of tommorow... Urgh all you need is kill was cool ****ed up tittle.
I like the fact that they were inspired by exo projects for the armors but come on, those are prototypes. They Will have more armored parts on real combat.
Here Shoot the legs the ARMS and they are done.
And that ****ing fugly BMX helmet design again after gypse danger.
Hollywood is still ten years late in termes of cool mech designs, 30 years late of japanese mech designs.
Thank god for Blomkamp and Cameron.

Back