Ed Norton as The Hulk in movie sequel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shropt

My Little Mod
Reaction score
Anyone else heard this news that Edward Norton is going to play Bruce Banner in The Hulk 2?

I guess no giant mutant poodles in the sequel?

Norton would be a great choice. Excellent actor who can pull off the nerd thing if he needed to. Keep Sam Elliot as Thunderbolt Ross though. He was perfect!

Edward Norton is one of the best actors in the world today. Very underrated and under-appreciated actor in the sense he's often forgotten when mentioned amongst the more elite actors. He has such a wide range and exudes each character he portrays perfectly!

I remember the first time I ever saw him in a movie, it was a mid-late 90's release, Primal Rage. Which also starred Richard Gere. Edward was phenomenal in that movie.

Eli26 said:
Edward Norton is one of the best actors in the world today. Very underrated and under-appreciated actor in the sense he's often forgotten when mentioned amongst the more elite actors. He has such a wide range and exudes each character he portrays perfectly!

I remember the first time I ever saw him in a movie, it was a mid-late 90's release, Primal Rage. Which also starred Richard Gere. Edward was phenomenal in that movie.

I think you mean Primal Fear. ;) I agree, he impressed the heck out of me in that movie and has done top-notch work ever since. I think his presence brings a lot of credibility to Hulk 2, that's good news!

He's a good actor, but I dont think he's a Bruce Banner.
Eric Bana was perfect in the role IMO, and someone in his mould should have been cast.

BTW, i thought the film was good. (Ive never read a hulk comic in my life, but watched the tv series religously when i was young) !

Wait, Edward Norton playing a character where he has an alter-ego totally different from himself? He's never done that before! :lol

I actually like the idea of him playing Banner. He should be really good.

GREAT! I love Norton, even in movies he's in I dislike, I still like him. He's twirpy, and kinda dorky, great Banner choice!

Andy Bergholtz said:
I think you mean Primal Fear. ;) I agree, he impressed the heck out of me in that movie and has done top-notch work ever since. I think his presence brings a lot of credibility to Hulk 2, that's good news!

I meant Primal Fear. ;)

I went out of my way to make the error to see if one of you posters would catch that blunder, sort of to keep you on your feet kind of deal.

That's it!

*snickers*

Ed Norton....huh. I like Norton but he doesn't really personify Banner for me. I just hope that with the new Hulk being created they don't place a lot of Norton's features into him. The crew at ILM did that for Bana's Hulk and while impressive it didn't look like Hulk enough for me. Let's hope we get a more generic comic centric Hulk in the next one. If I'm willing to give Downey a chance at Stark, no reason why I can't give Norton a chance a Banner...

I didn't care for Bana at all. He's a very good actor and I've enjoyed most of his movies, but he just didn't pull this off for me. Norton will be a money draw.

Robert Downey was certainly a way to save money on a known actor who doesn't command much of a salary. Hope he pulls it off and starts to turn his career around. Choosing him was a big risk imo.

Well, I love Ed Norton (if you haven't seen him in American History X - run and rent it now because he is awesome in it - but then I've never seen him give a disappointing performance)...I still have not seen Ang Lee's Hulk...but this sounds like it will be interesting and with Norton I will definitely check it out.

For as much of a weasel as he can, he is a great actor, he was awesome in American History X and Fight Club. I think he'd be a good choice for Banner.

Jen said:
Well, I love Ed Norton (if you haven't seen him in American History X - run and rent it now because he is awesome in it...
Wow Jen, I swear I wrote my reply before I read yours, It's scary how much we think alike! I think you may be my long lost twin or something!

The ill Jedi said:
For as much of a weasel as he can, he is a great actor, he was awesome in American History X and Fight Club. I think he'd be a good choice for Banner.

I love that scene in Fightclub when he is beating himself up in his boss' office....that scene always cracks me up. :lol

Back