ECC 1:1 Guyver Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ must be. No way fedex charged $187 to ship this 14 miles.

Anyway, money is spent, and now the bust can be enjoyed!!!

This thing is marvelous. Only evokes one word every time I look at it.

"Whoa"

6dddb27ae3e8b5002c5946b5ad57dce6.jpg

1b9767c1e6c4ac69cf2a2b77d3ab8608.jpg

^ must be. No way fedex charged $187 to ship this 14 miles.

Anyway, money is spent, and now the bust can be enjoyed!!!

This thing is marvelous. Only evokes one word every time I look at it.

"Whoa"

6dddb27ae3e8b5002c5946b5ad57dce6.jpg

1b9767c1e6c4ac69cf2a2b77d3ab8608.jpg

Congrats looks amazing. Too bad that i have to cancel mine order.

Thanks for the pictures and great video Raf! Can't wait to get mine! Read the comic book when it first came out in the 80s so this is dream come true!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I just spoke with them on the phone and they said they charged exactly what FedEx charged. He says that when you deal with boxes of the Lord's going out of the zone and further away doesn't really add much to the cost. But he said for me to check the shipping calculator on FedEx myself and see if I get a similar results and if I don't call them back. So we shall see.

Just took a quick phone picture. It's an amazing bust. Great detail and finish. Super heavy too.

f57f024f7094a1691637074e789bf0f3.jpg

Got a call from my wife today screaming what is this huge box?!!!!!! Lol! Oops. The box was bigger than I thought it would be. It was also beat up a lot which worried me. It was sunk in on all sides and there was a chunk missing in the corner to where you could see one of the foam corners inside.

It's a nice bust. I was worried about heavy handed airbrushing but it is subtle. The pearlescent paint is a nice touch. The eyes when lit are amazing. Photos cannot convey the 3-D effect you see. Photos show them as being way brighter than they actually are.

Now for some gripes. It is WAY too heavy. I could understand a heavy base with a lighter bust but both weigh a ton. No idea why the bust couldn't be hollow cast fiberglass. Even the unicorn horn weighs. There is some damage too. The left eye has a spot on it that looks like it has been rubbed leaving a dull slightly rough spot. It kind of smears the clear honeycomb pattern behind when lit. The base has some nicks in it and the plastic it was wrapped in has caused patterns in the paint.

I have seen this exact same thing happen with a Vader helmet and bubble wrap. The plastic causes the paint to react and gas escapes or something like that causing a pattern to appear where the plastic was touching.

Gonna bip a letter to them and see what comes of it. I wouldn't be so critical but this was over a grand. What do you all think?

geye.jpg

gbase.jpg

gbase2.jpg

Sorry to hear all these issues. I checked mine closely last night but I don't have any of the issues that yours had. I guess I am lucky. Definitely contact them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I just finally watched Guyver and G2 for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed the first film. The second film I thought kinda sucked. I was reading reviews online and a lot of people preferred the sequel. What's your guys take?

Back