Ebay shipping damage How to repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to quibble but the seller did NOT offer a 100% refund.

Yea, he offered better than a full refund, that is the point. He never denied allowing a 100% refund either. Why do buyers always jump to conclusions after no communication or just one message? As a frequent seller myself I am astounded at people on there sometimes.

Yea, he offered better than a full refund, that is the point. He never denied allowing a 100% refund either. Why do buyers always jump to conclusions after no communication or just one message? As a frequent seller myself I am astounded at people on there sometimes.

This x infinity.

Let me start by saying, I have no idea who the seller is, but:

It's pretty amazing that anyone thinks that the seller is out to get anyone. I mean, if anyone is out to get you, it's Sideshow's factories. Just look at the break... eggshell thin resin cracked in shipping. Anyone surprised at that? I didn't think so. That alone proves the seller's point that these items are indeed inherently fragile, and can break during shipping.

If I was the seller, and I had seen you had accused me of being a scammer, I'd force you to return it for a full refund. He's being extremely cool in my opinion. Once you put some epoxy on there it's going to be better than new (stronger) and now you'll have the piece at half price and no one will ever know it has been broken.

For the guys that are jumping on the 'Contact eBay' bandwagon. The seller is trying to take care of the guy and seems to be communicating with the buyer extremely well. Why such a rush to hit the guy with an eBay case? If you aren't happy with the $200 offer, you would just tell the seller you want to return it. I'm sure he would be much obliged to refund your payment. The majority of sellers on eBay are honest, and they are bound by eBay/Paypal to fix your problem. Take your time and work it out. If the seller is not responding, THEN take it to eBay.

I will say the seller does have one glaring mistake in his listings. When he says "By agreeing to buy you are taking responsibility for any damage during shipping.", he's wrong. The seller is ALWAYS responsible for any damage that occurs during the shipment, no matter what the seller says in the auction.

If jedah_kalm is reading this, I'm happy to pay you $250 for it broken.

All I was saying was that in that message a full refund was not offered :peace. I was not jumping to conclusions or anything. I don't know what further communications said in this case and I always try to work things out first. So if you are astounded at me me I am not sure what for - we are on the same page about that.

One thing we do differ about - for me this would not have been a better offer. I don't want a broken statue. I definitely wouldn't want $200 off and then have to leave it to my meagre shop skills :lol. I can appreciate that some here would consider that a good option because of their talents.

I will say the seller does have one glaring mistake in his listings. When he says "By agreeing to buy you are taking responsibility for any damage during shipping.", he's wrong. The seller is ALWAYS responsible for any damage that occurs during the shipment, no matter what the seller says in the auction.

People always get that wrong. I see that stated all the time.

Guaranteed refund through PayPal.
The seller will be well aware of that.

You would be amazed at how many people do not know this. The case I mentioned earlier the seller had no idea and was a bit shocked when the money was taken from his Paypal account.

t2-3.jpg

all fixed. glasses where detached on a side also

Happy you sorted it out :)
Been wondering something, does the clothes can be removed from the statue body?
Thanks

The seller was actually very decent imo. $200 partial for what looks like an easy fix is a result.
Just out of interest, im in a similar position but im the seller. Basically parcelforce have smashed one of my statues up at the cost of £580. I took insurance out but reading the terms and conditions, parcelforce do not insure fragile items. Why my postal branch are offering insurance is beyond me.
Iv had to offer a full refund and try to make what I can of a smashed up piece.
I was just wondering do couriers in the US cover you on statues or fragile items ?

The seller was actually very decent imo. $200 partial for what looks like an easy fix is a result.
Just out of interest, im in a similar position but im the seller. Basically parcelforce have smashed one of my statues up at the cost of £580. I took insurance out but reading the terms and conditions, parcelforce do not insure fragile items. Why my postal branch are offering insurance is beyond me.
Iv had to offer a full refund and try to make what I can of a smashed up piece.
I was just wondering do couriers in the US cover you on statues or fragile items ?

What is their definition of "fragile". IMO statues are NOT inherently fragile like glass or similar, anymore than any other package you would ship. I would still file with them. US companies almost always pay for statues that are damaged.

As far as I'm aware polystone statues are not covered with ParcelForce.

I always use them, they are very reliable, but never enhance the basic £50 cover as it's pointless.
Always try to double box with air pockets or peanuts for added protection.

As far as I'm aware polystone statues are not covered with ParcelForce.

I always use them, they are very reliable, but never enhance the basic £50 cover as it's pointless.
Always try to double box with air pockets or peanuts for added protection.
Are there no 3rd party insurance companies you can use?

Back