Ebay shipping damage How to repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinball2883

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I ordered a Sideshow The Terminator T-800 Premium Format Figure Statue Exclusive from ebay and i got it broken in 2 along the waist in a joint that joins the legs to the torso. I paid $400 for this item. The buyer is offering me $200. I feel i can repair the piece with some epoxy.

The seller said this

"I'm truly sorry this has happened. Collectables of this type are a risk to ship. Even in the best of circumstances there is a chance of breakage.I state in all of my listings "There is an inherent risk in shipping this kind of delicate collectable. All measures are taken to insure safety for shipping. Statue comes in original Sideshow styrofoam, product box, and brown shipper. Product is as pictured upon time of boxing. By agreeing to buy you are taking responsibility for any damage during shipping." All statues that I sell are in perfect condition unless otherwise noted upon time of boxing them up. Statues that I sell are put back into the styrofoam that they were originally shipped to me in by the manufacturer. That being said, I am willing to give you a partial refund of 200 dollars as I completely sympathize with this issue. Please let me know if this is satisfactory. If not, then you should escalate this to let ebay decide.

Sellers Name jedah_kalm

I feel like i got scammed he was to ready for the case and with him having that stated in the listing he has had this happen before. I plan on talking to ebay merchant support. but i wanted your guys options

1. Should i take the deal? $200
2. what is the best way to repair the unit. What type of glue?

EBay said i can send it back to the seller and he will have to refund my money or Ebay buyer protection will. What should i do?

Why would you think he is scamming you? I never understand where buyers get these ideas. He has good feedback and if he is willing to offer that much back you are lucky and I would take it. There should be shipping insurance to cover him too hopefully. Any repairs should be hidden under the clothing.

send his item back and get a full refund ebay pays u back in full iono why sellers think thay can pay you what thay feel like
i ran into a few sellers that did this to me on ebay but ebay pays me in full back but ask ebay will thay pay you in full after you ship it back

Sadly he is right. Shipping these things are a nightmare sometimes.

As Ray mentioned, least he is giving you that much of a discount. Plus, if you are not in this hobby just to flip and sell, then with a simple repair job, you can have a $400 piece for half price. I actually buy broken pieces just for that reason. My SnakeEyes EX and Greivous were both damaged, so I got them cheaper than normal.

In the end, if you have not reach the time limit, I assume you can always got for the full refund/return by going through Ebay, etc.

As far as the repairs go. They "sound" easy enough to do, but supplying pictures will help the most in determining "how".

Terminator.jpg

i will upload better pictures tonight. it looks like a clean break.

Unless you are skilled in this type of repair I would send it back.

To be honest he can say anything he wants in his e-bay description but if the item does not arrive in the condition you paid for, and you can prove that with pictures, then ebay will give you a full refund and pay for your shipping costs also. They will then take the money back from the sellers paypal account.

I recently purchased the Video game Destiny Ghost Edition. The seller had stated absolutely no refunds. It arrived with 3 of 4 corners of the special case completely split. The seller would only offer a $20 refund on a $300 purchase. Ebay had the whole thing resolved within 10 days and I received my money back. They took it out of the sellers paypal account causing a negative balance.

On a side note - I almost bought that exact auction. I decided not to because of how emphatic the seller was about **** happening while shipping collectables. It just made me a little leery for some reason. Pretty weird that now I see this pop up. Good luck to you.

On a side note - I almost bought that exact auction. I decided not to because of how emphatic the seller was about **** happening while shipping collectables. It just made me a little leery for some reason. Pretty weird that now I see this pop up. Good luck to you.[/QUOTE]

You have to look for those red flags for sure and follow your gut. If some doubt walk away. Take the 200.00 refund and fix it if you plan on keeping it. Planning on trying to sell or trade later, then send it back. Sucks it is broke, but at least you have options either way.

I plan on keeping it not flipping it if i feel i can fix it. I will send better pictures of the damage tonight. I think i can fix it and it would not be noticeable. It was a rookie mistake on my part not looking at the listing closer. He did not insure it either. You think with his detail about damage possibly happening he would insure the shipment.

I plan on keeping it not flipping it if i feel i can fix it. I will send better pictures of the damage tonight. I think i can fix it and it would not be noticeable. It was a rookie mistake on my part not looking at the listing closer. He did not insure it either. You think with his detail about damage possibly happening he would insure the shipment.

Some sellers just don't know how to do everything right. Does not mean they are out to get you. eBay is scary as hell these days for sellers as eBay wants you to think they are all like Amazon with millions of dollars in sales and to forget many are just regular people. The seller is out the $200 or gets a broken statue back. I would take the refund before he changes his mind. I would be interested in buying it if you don't want to fix it.

There you go, get your 200 refund and sell it to Sting for 300. :p

I ordered a Sideshow The Terminator T-800 Premium Format Figure Statue Exclusive from ebay and i got it broken in 2 along the waist in a joint that joins the legs to the torso. I paid $400 for this item. The buyer is offering me $200. I feel i can repair the piece with some epoxy.

The seller said this

"I'm truly sorry this has happened. Collectables of this type are a risk to ship. Even in the best of circumstances there is a chance of breakage.I state in all of my listings "There is an inherent risk in shipping this kind of delicate collectable. All measures are taken to insure safety for shipping. Statue comes in original Sideshow styrofoam, product box, and brown shipper. Product is as pictured upon time of boxing. By agreeing to buy you are taking responsibility for any damage during shipping." All statues that I sell are in perfect condition unless otherwise noted upon time of boxing them up. Statues that I sell are put back into the styrofoam that they were originally shipped to me in by the manufacturer. That being said, I am willing to give you a partial refund of 200 dollars as I completely sympathize with this issue. Please let me know if this is satisfactory. If not, then you should escalate this to let ebay decide.

Sellers Name jedah_kalm

I feel like i got scammed he was to ready for the case and with him having that stated in the listing he has had this happen before. I plan on talking to ebay merchant support. but i wanted your guys options

1. Should i take the deal? $200
2. what is the best way to repair the unit. What type of glue?

I would report it to ebay. Ebay and if you use paypal are great at this. It doesn't matter what happened. His reluctance is not an excuse. Report the matter to ebay and I guarantee they will make him give you back at least 80% to a full refund.

It might take a few weeks, but he will probably give in as a seller because both ebay and paypal will attack the seller hard.

If he doesn't comply with them, he could get blacklisted as a seller or even his account closed.

I've had ebay deal with bad sellers I've gotten before and have gotten positive results.:lecture

I would report it to ebay. Ebay and if you use paypal are great at this. It doesn't matter what happened. His reluctance is not an excuse. Report the matter to ebay and I guarantee they will make him give you back at least 80% to a full refund.

It might take a few weeks, but he will probably give in as a seller because both ebay and paypal will attack the seller hard.

If he doesn't comply with them, he could get blacklisted as a seller or even his account closed.

I've had ebay deal with bad sellers I've gotten before and have gotten positive results.:lecture

They should attack the shipping company hard.No ?

Sound like you are one of the buyers I was talking about. Never report to eBay unless it is a last resort IMO, always try to work it out first. Without insurance is his fault, either way he should accept a return, but he is going above and beyond offering the $200. Of course you can send it back, but that is not your best option here. Fix it or pass the deal along to a fellow board member.

Scam? Really?
He offered a 50% refund or you can return for 100% refund...
I can't see the potential 'scam' anywhere.

Looks like an easy fix to me and you have a nice statue for $200.

Not to quibble but the seller did NOT offer a 100% refund.

Also - if you ever decide to sell the statue you will need to disclose that it has been broken in half and repaired. This will kill the resale value. If you are going to never sell you are good to go.

Back