ebay seller wantedstore, trusted or not what do you think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noelleon69

Super Freak
Reaction score
came across on ebay this seller who only registered this month and has 5 feedbacks. all of which are for US$0.75 macdonald plush toys.

and here he is, selling LOTR SSW products, which coincidentally are all the rare and expensive ones, uses all stock photos only, has quite a number of spelling errors in his listings though he does accepts paypal.

https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwantedstore

so what you guys think? who would suggest staying clear of him and who thinks he seems ok? if he does sound very fishy, then i thought this thread would be a warning or some sort to be cautious about this seller for any members here who could have been considering bidding on his auctions.

Isn't Sam and Bill an unnumbered piece?

You Are bidding on a limited Edition of Sidehow Weta
Samwise Gamgee and Bill The Pony

Number : 628
A Rare piece of Collection for every Lord of the Ring Collectors

The Number given for the Cave Troll (#711) matches up to one on this boards WETA Owners list, though the owner listed does not seem to be a current member.

Last edited:
It's unnumbered, at least as far as I know... if not, noone have registred their number in the permathread :eek:

i don't trust any seller with less than 20 feedbacks. Specially is they are selling things that are going in the thousands. IMO, don't trust him. :cool:

pordey2 said:
It's unnumbered, at least as far as I know... if not, noone have registred their number in the permathread :eek:

Can you remember who Elfstone es is ? As they are down on the list as the owner of Cave Troll 711 which is the one up for sale.

Seems very fishey that it's only the high dollar items he has for sale. But then again Paypal should have your back if anything goes wrong. I'd still say its risky.

If he loved these statues so much and is finding it very hard to sell them, why have they spent their entire life in their boxes? :confused:

Well the item location is Syd. Australia so I asked if the Cave Troll could be picked up, but he emailed me he's not selling to Australia.
Sounds pretty scammie to me.
Yeah Pordey, your right Sam is an open edition.

ps, It's been ages but just noticed my post tot.4 ... didn't post count get t/f from the old boards? Not that I had thousands mind.

Last edited:
Kinda weird how he had original pics of the previous things he sold (McDonald's stuff) but not this time. hmmm.....i smell a rip off :google

Eleventy1 said:
It's been ages but just noticed my post tot.4 ... didn't post count get t/f from the old boards? Not that I had thousands mind.

You'll have to PM Dave, to see if your tally can still be transferred over at this late date.

The seller does look suspect doesn't it. Not selling to the country where the items reside! What's going on there, I'd like to know. Maybe he doesn't want the items to arrive in time for later buyers to see the feedback. Bids are in pounds, hmmmm. Like Turgan said, the boxes haven't been opened, so pictures wouldn't be forthcoming, unless requested by the buyer. I would steer clear. Too many inconsistencies.

I believe in sniping, so I would wait till closer to the end of the auction. Prices may go too high too consider buying them anyway, if so, no worries about passing them up. Then, if you happen to still be concerned, you could follow up on the feedback, in case future auctions are forthcoming, and the sales have been legit.

I was looking at the same auctions......decided to pass....too risky
Im think'n your making a good choice :)
I didn't want to buy, just wanted to see if he'd sell within Aussie and he isn't which of itself doesn't make sense all things considered when it comes to poly and post.

Creech, Im wondering if he doesn't want people knocking on his door when they figure they're been conned
Much harder to do from across the waters :lol

:mwaha It's funny cause we aint buying.

Yeah, your right Eleventy1. I had to have another look and he only ships to N. and S. America, Europe, Asia. That means he lives in England or further away. :lol

Still whatever way it goes, this has been interesting, educational, contoversial and comical. :D

i'm not buying either buy a friend of mine was interested in one of the items and asked me about what i think. and i thought i should share this to warn other members who may not be experienced on ebay.

looks like many share the same thoughts as me. that this seller is rather suspicious.

if i were to sell anything, i would prefer selling within my own country. so i do not know why this seller doesnt want to. either he's a con man or he wants to earn money from shipping fees.

trap.jpg

That means he lives in England or further away
Yeah some island in the middle of the ocean. :lol

Well legit or otherwise he's making a tidy sum.... $4000US+

I hope for their sake he comes thru ...

Back