Ebay seller asking me to send payment to other email address via Paypal. Scam?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is a scam, it's probably not the original seller - could be a 3rd party. Perhaps email the seller through ebay and ask if he actually made the request.

I guess it could be a scam by the seller too, but if a scam, it just seems a 3rd party is more likely.

Yeah, I did it, just sent to new email address using my CC. I thought it was an excellent price for FULL size alien and predator statues, not the micro one.

Anybody have any better pics of these or know what the going rate is? I tried to google it, but couldn't come up with much.

I sold each piece for what you paid for both...

When you choose the "send money" options via Paypal...you should be able to choose WHAT THE MONEY IS FOR...and I believe one of those options is "goods" and you can enter a bunch of additional information there.

I also believe that you DO NOT have to go through Paypal via eBay all the time to be "protected"...just by sending money via Paypal and using their system you should be protected. Just make sure to include in your messages and info. on Paypal that you are paying for an eBay item and include the number, description, seller info. etc.

I've had cases where buying an item has taken me through to the seller's website payment portal. Really odd but I wasn't scammed and got my stuff...just weird how some people do it that way.

Agreed, bite the bullet and just do it.

If it goes sour though, its slimeyslug's fault. :monkey3

:lol:lol :nono

ive never been scammed on ebay and i think most people on there are honest traders, but ive dealt with alot of morons on there.

I suggest you contact Ebay and Paypal about this so you can protect yourself. It might not be much money, but it's still money. Find out if you're protected or not by sending it to another account. You should have about 7+ days to send him payment if both parties agreed on a timeline to receive/send the money.

For some reason, something must have happened to his current account. That's why he's asking you to sent it to another Paypal account. Be careful on this one. Who knows...maybe that account is under investigation w/ the previous buyers; therefore, he can't withdraw money from it.

If it is a scam, it's probably not the original seller - could be a 3rd party. Perhaps email the seller through ebay and ask if he actually made the request.

I guess it could be a scam by the seller too, but if a scam, it just seems a 3rd party is more likely.

is that similiar situation that i've heard about that they will hijack a user account to sell something??

Seek an explanation why he is requesting to do so. Even if its legit, you have the right to know.

here's my theory. this is obviously some disgruntled wife selling her husband's stuff without telling him. so she needs you to use a different paypal so he doesnt find out. so it's probably legit.

Back