Ebay Nightmare Brewing - SEND HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did paypal take the money from your paypal account, or did they remove the funds from the bank account associated with paypal?

Did paypal take the money from your paypal account, or did they remove the funds from the bank account associated with paypal?

Funds were placed on hold from my PayPal account. Once the dispute is closed the funds are reversed back into your active funds.

It's too bad you can't find out what would've happened if he claimed he never got the item. I would be curious how paypal would've handled it.

It's too bad you can't find out what would've happened if he claimed he never got the item. I would be curious how paypal would've handled it.

Honestly Ween, I'm just happy the issue is resolved and the disputes are closed. But yeah, had it escalated further I wonder if my ass would've been truly covered.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

One thing I hate about Paypal is that they immediately put your account on hold for a dispute. One time this happened to me when I had a couple outstanding auctions I had to pay for. Luckily I was able send these sellers an alternate payment, but I was not happy to have over $500 put on hold until the dispute was resolved. :rolleyes:

As long as you ship within 7 days, get delivery confirmation, insurance and a signature if it's over $250 paypal will side with the seller. It use to be you also had to ship to a confirmed address, don't know if you still have to do that. But if you don't do even one of those things, you're disqualified from the paypal seller protection.

glad it worked out. wonder if the person reads this forum and saw the potential backlash, name being posted, etc.

unless the buyer asks to send through ups, if it is a smaller box like Hot Toy pieces, I always send through usps and get sig confirmation cause there is absolutely no disputing a sig confirmation piece if its the right address. I dont know if he could have won the dispute, but i have a ups driver that rarely asks for a sig, even if its a 1K piece.

unless the buyer asks to send through ups, if it is a smaller box like Hot Toy pieces, I always send through usps and get sig confirmation cause there is absolutely no disputing a sig confirmation piece if its the right address. I dont know if he could have won the dispute, but i have a ups driver that rarely asks for a sig, even if its a 1K piece.

If I'm not mistaken, UPS will only ask for a signature if the shipper requests one, same as USPS. I've gotten packages through them both ways.

they deduct as a precaution - once paypal ask you for all the information regarding delivery - they will reinstate the money as long as you have a tracking no - and it will be up to the guy to do a claim with the courier.

so i would not worry its just the pain of wating for them to check all the information

i would provide paypal with the tracking no also your you had through email and inform them that he has claimed before you even replied - all this will go in your favour it may take two weeks though! corresponace

i had this same problem some time ago.

So if you had already withdrawn all money from your paypal account, what happens when something like this occurs? I usually withdraw the money as soon as I receive it to avoid any shenanigans like this.

If I'm not mistaken, UPS will only ask for a signature if the shipper requests one, same as USPS. I've gotten packages through them both ways.

yeah but doesnt SS require a sig on order above $150? Cause my ups guy still just drops it off without sig........I just think he reached a point where he was tired of getting a sig from me every week :lol

yeah but doesnt SS require a sig on order above $150? Cause my ups guy still just drops it off without sig........I just think he reached a point where he was tired of getting a sig from me every week :lol

^^^LOL, but he should still get that signature. I always get fully insured and signature/delivery confirmation when I sold stuff on ebay. Crap like this is why I don't sell on ebay or use Paypal for anything anymore.

^^^LOL, but he should still get that signature. I always get fully insured and signature/delivery confirmation when I sold stuff on ebay. Crap like this is why I don't sell on ebay or use Paypal for anything anymore.

yeah, he should, but its not my ass if i get something damaged or stolen..........As a seller, I try and get sig confirmation and insure the full amount. In the end, its better to do these things and never have an issue, then to risk not doing one and have something happen.

I think it's anything over $100. They have asked every time for me. And I get a phone call the day before.

Got this email last night...

In all honesty I'm still a little pissed about the whole ordeal. I had my sword drawn was prepared to ride into battle against the thralls of Mordor, but in the end it all worked out (all within an afternoon mind you). I was able to cool off a bit on the drive home, and enjoyed my birthday with family and friends. The night ended on a good note with the email I received. Lessons learned: Use signature confirmation, have the item insured for full value whenever possible, always maintain positive control of the racking information, stand your ground, escalate the case and fight like hell. Thanks for the support everyone. PM me for further details.

that's a good phrase for everyone to live by there.
remember it's only money and there's way more important things out there to sweat about.

So if you had already withdrawn all money from your paypal account, what happens when something like this occurs? I usually withdraw the money as soon as I receive it to avoid any shenanigans like this.

Your account will go into a negative balance. They can also cancel a pending transfer if it hasn't been completed to your bank account.

Back